It is annoying.

#2 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 20, 2014 - 09:24 AM

Why?

One of the greatest to ever play the game.

#3 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted February 20, 2014 - 11:17 AM

I read Derek Fisher ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

#4 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,881 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted February 20, 2014 - 11:38 AM

Why?

On why he's stepping away after 2014:

"Because I feel as though the time is right. There's other things I want to do. I look forward to doing other things. This is a difficult job. I put everything into it each and every year. It's a 12-month job. It's not a sixth-month season, this is 12 months. And I look forward to doing other things – not yet, but the idea of doing other things is something I look forward to. I know a lot of people have turned this into ‘Physically I can't do this or that,' but I've been fortunate. I've played pretty much my entire career with just one major injury. Besides the separated shoulder -- it was six weeks -- I've been fortunate so I can't complain about what happened last year. So I just look forward to doing other things -- not yet, I see the Steinbrenner family looking at me -- not yet, but I look forward to doing other things."

Read more: http://www.cbssports...addresses-media

This caught me by surprise.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#5 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 12:12 PM

This caught me by surprise.

No I mean why is it annoying like Icker said  :laughing:

#6 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,939 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 12:13 PM

Why?

One of the greatest to ever play the game.

I know he is one of the greatest of all time, I have been hearing it since I was 6... OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I'm really OVER with Derek Jeter and his yankeeness I am tired of hearing how great he is. They make him sound so great that he really is not as great as they talk him up to be. It is sooooo annoying. I would hate my life the day Lebron retires.

#7 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Kobe Fish Fox Horry

Posted February 20, 2014 - 10:16 PM

:laughing:

The dude is a career .312 hitter with over 3300 hits, 1800 runs scored, 500 doubles and 5 Gold Gloves at the hardest defensive position on the field other than catcher.  He also helped lead the Yankees to 5 championships.

He is every bit as good as "they" talk him up to be...

2zi2dsm.jpg

"I don't want to be remembered, I want to be forgotten..."

-George Costanza, Seinfeld

#8 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 10:25 PM

I know he is one of the greatest of all time, I have been hearing it since I was 6... OVER AND OVER AGAIN. I'm really OVER with Derek Jeter and his yankeeness I am tired of hearing how great he is. They make him sound so great that he really is not as great as they talk him up to be. It is sooooo annoying. I would hate my life the day Lebron retires.

Have to disagree. He is as great as he is made out to be.

All you need to do is look at the Yankees All-Time statistical ranks to see how good Jeter is. Top 10 in almost every major offensive category and just look at the names he is linked to.

#9 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,939 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 10:45 PM

Nah, I don't care. He's great and that's great, I don't care. Jason Kidd was one of the greatest PGs to ever play, I didn't see a 7 moth farewell tour for him. I don't really think anyone batted an eye towards him hanging up. It's just too much.

• 40,398 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 11:09 PM

Jason Kidd was one of the greatest PGs to ever play, I didn't see a 7 moth farewell tour for him.

Jason Kidd wasn't nearly as great hall of fame-wise in comparison to their respective sports. Kidd only got one championship. Jeter has 5 ala Kobe.

yo.

#11 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,939 posts

Posted February 20, 2014 - 11:50 PM

Was that all Kidd's fault? He led a team of nobodies to 2 consecutive finals and ran into a couple legendary teams.

Jeter played for the YANKEES, kinda like how Kobe played for the Lakers. It is expected to win and they both delivered, but I assure you they didn't do it on his own. All I'm saying is that this hoopla is very bias and are enormous amounts of hype. It's a lot harder to argue against Jeter's accolades, but I can make numerous comparison to him, but none are as celebrated. Craig Biggio is just as good of a player, but no were near as celebrated. I think this hoopla over Jeter, does not do justice to other great players that deserve just as much celebration.

#12 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,377 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 09:53 AM

Are you going to be mad when Kobe gets his farewell tour?

Will it be like Jeter's? No, but baseball is more celebrated than basketball because it's Americas pastime. When legendary players retire, they get a send off more times than not.

#13 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,939 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 10:22 AM

He'll no, but that's a Laker bias obviously. It's not that it's baseball, it's because he plays for the Yankees. And I don't remember any legendary baseball players being sent off like this. Tommy Glavine, Tommy Maddux, Roger Clemons, Frank Thomas, etc. All great players and all they got were 5 minutes on sport center. That is my beef. I don't feel like Derek Jeter deserves to be the most celebrated player in the millennium. And especially since he wears those disgusting pinstripes, again my fanatical bias.

• 40,398 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 10:25 AM

Mariano Rivera..

yo.

#15 Busty Bluth

Busty Bluth

--Hey Brother!--

• 21,517 posts
  • Name:Byron "Buster AKA Busty" Bluth

Posted February 21, 2014 - 10:35 AM

A true cocksmans. Derek is overrated.

Buster_bcfa40_2218659_zpsbf0d8a7a.gif

#16 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 09:35 PM

He'll no, but that's a Laker bias obviously. It's not that it's baseball, it's because he plays for the Yankees. And I don't remember any legendary baseball players being sent off like this. Tommy Glavine, Tommy Maddux, Roger Clemons, Frank Thomas, etc. All great players and all they got were 5 minutes on sport center. That is my beef. I don't feel like Derek Jeter deserves to be the most celebrated player in the millennium. And especially since he wears those disgusting pinstripes, again my fanatical bias.

Chipper Jones says hello...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#17 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 09:35 PM

Also I didn't realize XFL player Tommy Maddox was also a legendary baseball player...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#18 AnnoyingCustomer

AnnoyingCustomer

Meh...

• 2,756 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 09:42 PM

A true cocksmans. Derek is overrated.

No player that puts together over 3,000 hits in a career with a lifetime .312 batting average is overrated...

2zi2dsm.jpg

#19 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,939 posts

Posted February 21, 2014 - 09:42 PM

Also I didn't realize XFL player Tommy Maddox was also a legendary baseball player...

Wtf, my bad! That's like baseball blasphemy, definitely should never confuse Greg Maddux with him.

#20 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,198 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted February 22, 2014 - 12:19 AM

of course D. Jeter is going to be celebrated. He is one of the best to ever play..and considering how many great yankee players that has played, he is among the top of them..that is insane.  There are not many GOAT in baseball i think still playin..so it's kind of a big deal...just cause you hate the yankees isn't valid imo

ap1.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users