#21 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,534 posts

Posted August 12, 2014 - 12:20 PM

New Trailer: 

http://www.ign.com/v...amescom-trailer

Holy [expletive].....

Klay Thompson's impact would be no different than the impact Jodie Meeks currently makes if not just a small amount higher and Jodie actually shot a better percentage than did Klay last year. 

#22 Bjork

Bjork

Sugg

• 1,397 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:bean

Posted December 12, 2014 - 10:48 AM

#23 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,193 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted December 12, 2014 - 11:59 AM

It was hard to try and understand how this game was gonna play until the recent flood of gameplay out there. I mean at times it is a cover 3rd person shooter which to me is a fine way to have a good single player game. The new gameplay shows there can be elements of stealth at times which is cool. Some will complain about QTE but I don't mind them in the right situation such as when the guys busted into the cock pit . Also it showed the gameplay can be pretty fast paced for a 3rd person shooter which is cool as well. The only thing for certain is that the game looks beautiful graphics wise. I mean the cut scenes don't seem all that special looking but that is because the graphic fidelity doesnt seem to change all much from gameplay to cut scenes. Looking forward to getting my hands on this game, the hype train has been up and down on this throughout the yea, but from what I have seen I am looking forward to playing it.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#24 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,534 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 08:55 AM

Klay Thompson's impact would be no different than the impact Jodie Meeks currently makes if not just a small amount higher and Jodie actually shot a better percentage than did Klay last year. 

#25 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,193 posts

Posted January 25, 2015 - 10:57 AM

^^^ The story doesn't seem bad for this game. I think they have a good shot of making a really good cinematic experience game, have to see how everything really comes together.

#26 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,504 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted February 19, 2015 - 06:04 AM

There is a full letsplay on youtube of this game already. I watched the prologue and stop when the next level start bcause i didnt want to be spoiled. So far it seems like a great game with great story. It better be with no multiplayer.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#27 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,193 posts

Posted February 19, 2015 - 06:43 AM

^^^ Yea isn't it only like 5 hours long though? And half of that is cut scenes. 60 dollars for 2 and a half hours of gameplay is a joke. No way I am buying this game until I can get it for around 20 bucks.

#28 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,406 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 19, 2015 - 06:52 AM

^yep. Some dudes beat it in 5 hrs on the leaked gameplays.

Some head from the studio said yesterday or the day before that it's really a 8-10 hour game playing it regularly and not "speeding" through it.

Still, for a $60 story mode only game, it better be a great game.

#29 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,193 posts

Posted February 19, 2015 - 08:49 AM

^^ 8-10 hours is a little bit more justifiable. Still to me though it isn't a day one purchase because I don't like paying 60 bucks for a game I will play once that could be beaten in a handful of hours. I do look forward to playing it though, I like these sort of action adventure story games.

#30 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,534 posts

Posted February 19, 2015 - 05:36 PM

Ended up canceling my pre-order. Reviews are disappointing.

Maybe I'll give it a rent though.

#31 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,406 posts
  • Name:Jorge Negrete
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 19, 2015 - 05:59 PM

Disappointing reviews indeed.

was one of the games I was excited for last year but won't be getting it now. At least not until it hits $20.

Loved the premise, but apparently they didn't do it justice.

#32 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,193 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 03:02 PM

Ended up canceling my pre-order. Reviews are disappointing.

Maybe I'll give it a rent though.

Disappointing reviews indeed.

was one of the games I was excited for last year but won't be getting it now. At least not until it hits $20.

Loved the premise, but apparently they didn't do it justice.

I wouldn't look too much into reviews on this game. Right now the gaming world is all about huge games and open world play, if a game doesn't have that its considered second rate. From what I have seen and read from reviews it is a great single player experience where you can get a few sittings out of the game. It really comes down to if the game is what you like. I have no problem with an on the rails game where you move from point A to point B fighting bad guys as long as the game has a good story and the gun play is tight. This game has all of those things and I think I will really enjoy the game whenever I do play it. I just don't think it is a 60 dollar game if the game can be beaten in 5 hours. However, if this games story was more in the range of 15-20 hours I would not mind playing 60 bucks for this game,

They make a big deal out of QTE's which to me in a cinematic game is the best way to show the actions while still making it a game. God of war 3 was great and how many QTE's where in that game? The big slights on this game is the QTE part and the non-interactive world aka not open world. I think it is a good switch up from games where you drop me in the middle of the world and I look at the map and there are 100 things to do. Don't get me wrong I love open world games hell I am 25 hours into my second playthrough of DA:I right now aha However, a game like this has its place my only gripe would be it is a short experience. The game itself like the game play, game world, and story look great to me just wished it was longer. 

The best comparison I have seen in reviews is that it is compared to a PS2 game. If you ever enjoyed playing a great story driven game on the ps2 you would completely understand this comparison. Open world is the cool thing to have nowadays but that doesn't mean you can't have a game that is smaller in scope of the game world and still get a great experience. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, February 20, 2015 - 03:06 PM.

#33 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,534 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 05:41 PM

^ My post didn't show it but it was the reviews tied with the gameplay time and lack of multiplayer that made me cancel. 

#34 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 4,193 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 06:57 PM

^ My post didn't show it but it was the reviews tied with the gameplay time and lack of multiplayer that made me cancel. 

Makes sense. However, I don't think multiplayer was ever something that should of been expected from this game. Not to mention games like this multiplayer is often just put in to keep gamers happy but is never any good. I think the only multiplayer I liked from a game like the order that was focused on single player more would probably be the last of us. That is only because it wasn't a run and gun type of multiplayer something that every game has today. 

I can't blame you though no way this game is worth 60 bucks. 5 years to make 5 hours is a joke really. I don't really understand how a game company can work that long on something and only make it 300 minutes. 

Edited by PhillyLaker24, February 20, 2015 - 06:58 PM.

#35 JGuez

JGuez

Sixth Man

• 3,534 posts

Posted February 20, 2015 - 08:49 PM

I knew multiplayer was not there but I just assumed there was a big juicy single player to enjoy to make up for it.

Just very poor logic on their behalf.

#36 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,504 posts

Posted February 26, 2015 - 07:04 AM

I think if you play it correctly and not rush through the game, you can make it a 8 hour game. Its not worth 60 bucks but not many games now a days worth 60 bucks.  Havin said that, back in the 80's and 90's, video games used to be more expansive or even the same price and majority of the games back then are only 2 hours long. None of us complain about it then. It shows how spoiled we are now a days.  I probably buy this game when it goes down in prices or search on craiglist for a used one.

Edited by epicwolf, February 26, 2015 - 07:04 AM.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#37 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,431 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted February 27, 2015 - 02:41 PM

Gonna have to get this when it gets cheap, sad cause I thought this was gonna be a great game.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#38 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,504 posts

Posted March 02, 2015 - 11:19 AM

Gonna have to get this when it gets cheap, sad cause I thought this was gonna be a great game.

You have to wait for maybe until summer for this game to go any lower than 50 bucks. Go on craiglist. There are a lot of people selling a used one for $45 bucks.

#39 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,504 posts

Posted March 02, 2015 - 02:15 PM

It is a great game, don't let the critics and haters fool you. From a lot of people who already played it, they said it is a very fun game to play. THe only gripe about it was its too short and the replay value for it is very lacking.  This game is almost exactly like Infamous Second Son.  Infamous was considered a very very fun and ejoyable game to play but the hype for it going in and the 8 hours of gameplay with no extras or multiplayer made the game to considered "not great".  I will get it on craiglist used because its not worth the full price but Im sure i will trade it in or sell it back after I 100% it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users