Photo

Saski Baskonia Welcomes Lamar, who returns back to U.S. after contract is terminated

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,322 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 18, 2014 - 06:32 AM

Wish him all the best in Spain!

I think i should visit a few games..spain is just like 17 hours from here away

prehome_lamar.jpg

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,994 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted February 18, 2014 - 06:46 AM

Out of curiosity Manaro how do European fans feel like when these American players for a lack of better words are 'washed up' and end up going to international teams due to lack of NBA interest? Do you guys just see it as still good for your Euro game, or kind of recognize it isn't the same kind of hype a guy in his prime should get and they are just after a paycheck.

#3 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,322 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted February 18, 2014 - 07:33 AM

Out of curiosity Manaro how do European fans feel like when these American players for a lack of better words are 'washed up' and end up going to international teams due to lack of NBA interest? Do you guys just see it as still good for your Euro game, or kind of recognize it isn't the same kind of hype a guy in his prime should get and they are just after a paycheck.

we see it as a global upgrade for the eurobasket but also for the other leagues in specific.. of course we had major players like casey jacobsen who played for the hornets and suns or guys like PJ Tucker over here..so yeah germany is a great league

but i dont know realy about the spanish leagure just that its really the best in whole europe! cant touch that .. so in lamars view i think he just wants to find his new sin and a new chapteri n life after all that mess..

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#4 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,790 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 18, 2014 - 08:11 AM

I'll say it's always exciting when a NBA player comes in Europe, whether or not he is washed up, for example, like AI when he played in Turkey for Besiktas. It's interesting to see how they adopt to our style of play here which is a lot less of isos and transition and a lot more of defensive and offensive schemes.

But in the last 10 years there aren't as many washed up players as young and promising players who didn't get their opportunity or didn't use it well when they got one in the NBA.

For example, here in Croatia, Nolan Smith is playing for Cedevita Zagreb. He started really well, but then got injured and didn't come back well. Now he lost, I can say that he is the primary reason, 3 games in a row with horrible decisions down the stretch. But it's interesting to see guys like them play here cause you can see their talent, but also glaring holes in their fundamentals and such. Also, Josh Selby had a 10 day contract here, played one or two games, but didn't satisfy the club. 

So yeah, to conclude, it's always exciting when they come. But fans can recognize in 2-3 games did they come to play just to get a paycheck. And they are really passionate, so they 'll let you know what they think about that.

Impossible is nothing.

• 40,398 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 04:03 PM

Does anyone know if he ever picked up on any Spanish after all his many years here in Los Angeles?

yo.

#6 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,547 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 18, 2014 - 04:05 PM

Why is this in Lakers forum?

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

• 40,398 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 04:07 PM

^ Lamar was an important piece of helping the Lakers win a few championships. Coked up or not, he'll always be special to us.

casey jacobsen

I always liked Casey Jacobsen dating back to his days at Stanford. I was disappointed things didn't appear to quite work out for him in the NBA as they should have, but good to see he's still playing & making a living off of the game.

yo.

#8 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,881 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted February 18, 2014 - 04:11 PM

Moved to Other Basketball since this relates to Laboral Kutxa. Odom has a place in the Lakers' hearts indeed, but he is still playing, and on a new team.

I wish Odom the best of luck! I hope that he can perform at his old standard on this new team.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#9 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,670 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 18, 2014 - 11:30 PM

It remains to be seen if he is coming here to seriously prepare his comeback to the NBA (if he still has a chance) or he just wants to get some cash and party a bit more here in Europe.

If he really wants to play basketball again and is "clean" I think he will have fun.

Posted Image

#10 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,670 posts

Posted February 19, 2014 - 07:44 AM

his first words, not much of a video I know...

Posted Image

• 40,398 posts

Posted February 26, 2014 - 03:06 PM

Lamar Odom’s Name Being Used as Code Word For Crack

lamar-odom-tyrone-biggums-2.jpg

yo.

#12 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,670 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 09:45 AM

Lamar Odom has gone back to the US because a back injury. So the spanish team has terminated the contract...

that was fast...

Posted Image

#13 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,733 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 15, 2014 - 05:30 PM

at least it was due to injury and not misconduct. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,398 posts

Posted March 15, 2014 - 05:56 PM

This is very bad though for Lamar on multiple levels, but the biggest being his cocaine problem. He's going back to familar places & familiar faces again. A change of scenery might've been good for him. So long for that.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users