17 replies to this topic

#1 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 17, 2014 - 11:31 PM

POPULAR

Over the past few months, I have seen many comments pertaining to our Laker community, blog and forums alike, and I feel this is the right time to address our situation as it currently stands. This is a lengthy post, but it is important for everyone to read.

LAKER NATION FORUMS

LakerNation.com has undoubtedly the best Lakers forum on the Internet today. I have yet to come across a forum that has the type of activity and number of members Laker Nation has, which is such a great thing for our fan base.

I really appreciate all the activity members bring to the forums. If you need Lakers news, our forums are the place to go. Even in a rough year for the Lakers, our forum is never lacking content and is always active.

It is no secret that Laker Nation has gone through changes since 2007, when it was first created. Over time, we have seen both high points and low points of the site, but as a community, we have only gotten stronger.

Our forum staff is one of the best on the internet and have done a great job. None of us are paid for our time and effort we put in to make sure the forums run smoothly. As I've told others, we see everything but we also have lives outside of the forums. So while we may not get to something simple such as editing a thread title quickly, we know that it needs to happen and we do get around to it. So please, be patient with stuff like that.

LAKER NATION BLOG

In regards to the Laker Nation blog, we have had an overhaul in terms of staff since the summer. I am personally apart of the new staff and I can say that the staff in place is committed to bringing Laker Nation back to where it belongs.

The one thing I ask from our community is to have PATIENCE. With any successful sports blog, changes aren’t made over night. It takes time for things to take effect and that is exactly the situation right now as we are in a transition period.

So while many of you think there is no “passion” or “commitment” in regards to content produced from the staff and the website, I want to tell you that is 100% UNTRUE.

Below is the staff that will be ringing in a new era at LakerNation.com:
  • Alex Lambeth: Editor-In-Chief (@AlexLambeth)
  • Jory Dreher: Senior Editor (@Jay_Laker)
  • Anna Lisa Gonda: Staff Writer (@AnnaLBG)
  • Garrett Garcia: Staff Writer (@GarretGarcia)
  • Ash Kargaran: Staff Writer (@aakargaran)
  • Johnny Navarrette: Staff Writer (@JohnnyNav)
  • Kanta Ito: Staff Writer (@Kanta_B_Ito)
  • Robert Benitez: Staff Writer (@beeb0)
  • Oren Levy: Staff Writer (@LakerOren)

In addition, Jamie, Kam, Shane, David, and Jason are also part of this and will continue to be a driving force behind Laker Nation.

The Future of Laker Nation

While I will not go into detail about the plans of the staff, I can say we have a vision for this website that will bring us back to the elite Laker fan site we once were and to even exceed those expectations.

For those asking about behind-the-scenes material, we already have had Alex Lambeth out at practices, staff writers taking in games, as well as other things that will produce content fans will be excited about.

Again, this is a process that does not happen right away. We take great pride in our work and are committed to righting the ship but we cannot do it without the support of our community.

Unfortunately members have recently crossed the line of being disrespectful to our forum staff and our blog staff. As of this announcement, the disrespectful bashing of Laker Nation is over. We have no problem with criticism because we are in that business and are used to it, but there is a difference between constructive criticism and just going off on a disrespectful rant.

To put it simply, you are not obligated to be part of our community. If the disrespectful comments continue, I will take it upon myself to make sure you are not part of this site anymore. I do not want things to get to that point, but if you are going to blatantly disrespect our community, I’m not going to stand by and let Laker Nation have those types of members.

With that said, one of the main goals of our staff is to bring the blog and forums communities together. Over the last few years, both have played separate roles in the website and it should not be that way.

As we start implementing new things to the site, we will let you know. If you have questions or comments about something you would like to see, please feel free to let us know.

We do this because we love the LAKERS.

Most importantly?

We do this for the FANS. At the end of the day, we are in this together and cannot do this without you.

#WeAreLakerNation

#2 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,967 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 17, 2014 - 11:48 PM

Ill be sure to start checking out the main site more often. Cant blame most members though for not respecting it. For the longest time it really hasn't changed and seemed to be an after compared to the forums. Glad to see progress though.  :clap2:

Edited by bigfetz, February 17, 2014 - 11:48 PM.

#3 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 2,829 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted February 18, 2014 - 12:04 AM

Great forum. I visit many forums ranging form different sports..and this is on top of the list.. great job keep it up

ap1.png

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,070 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 18, 2014 - 12:07 AM

Awesome awesome :)  I can't wait to see what you have in store :) 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#5 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,244 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted February 18, 2014 - 12:25 AM

As I've said in another post, this forum has as really special group of active users, and that's probably the biggest reason for my activity. I don't see any reason for complaint now, as I'm pretty satisfied with what we have now. I really do think that this place is special, and I'm excited to see what's in the works.

Nice to see the effort put in by everyone involved.

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 18, 2014 - 12:32 AM

Well said.

#7 j0k3r

j0k3r

Rookie

• 304 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Shaq, KOBE

Posted February 18, 2014 - 12:57 AM

i love this forum..come here everyday for basketball related news plus others :) 

#8 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,865 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted February 18, 2014 - 01:37 AM

Learned so many things on this forum, joined when I was about 16 on day 1. I really appreciate all the hard work the past mods and current mods have done, and especially Real Deal.

#9 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 18, 2014 - 06:56 AM

I can say we have vision for this website that will bring us back to the elite Laker fan site we once were and to even exceed those expectations.

Thats pretty exciting because I already believed the site was, is and would continue to be a great Lakers site. So thats all good news.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#10 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,876 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s

Posted February 18, 2014 - 07:17 AM

great stuff!

Posted Image

#11 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 18, 2014 - 07:25 AM

:81:

Pau Gasol is GONE

#12 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,240 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted February 18, 2014 - 08:29 AM

Great post!

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#13 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,169 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 08:32 AM

A big thanks to the staff for keeping this site running and also to the members whom I have learned much more knowledge about basketball from their discussions/analyses. 

#14 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,637 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted February 18, 2014 - 09:26 AM

you are great with words WC

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#15 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,350 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted February 18, 2014 - 09:37 AM

Great post, Johnny 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#16 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,509 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 18, 2014 - 09:48 AM

Good stuff West Coast.

Lol and I think we all know who this was meant for.

#17 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts

Posted February 18, 2014 - 10:13 AM

Not meant for any one member in particular as a number of members have voiced displeasure on the forums and through private message.

It's something that needed to be addressed. Our community was left in the dark about somethings regarding the site but that's going to change.

#18 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,859 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000

Posted February 18, 2014 - 01:13 PM

Great post. :clap2:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users