#21 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,870 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 17, 2014 - 05:47 AM

Frank Isola@FisolaNYDN

I bumped into Kobe as he headed to his press conference. "You're not announcing your retirement are you." His response: "(Bleep) that."

Make you feel better? =P

Already posted you thief :P
Impossible is nothing.

#22 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Off The Bench

• 1,594 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 17, 2014 - 07:19 AM

At 48+mill, my expectations for him will be very high when he returns.

#23 gque24

gque24

Starter

• 4,324 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 17, 2014 - 10:25 AM

If I just heard interview I would be worried. But after watching it & seeing Kobe's smart azz smile as he is making the comments = he knows damn well he jsut playing with media & he expects to be able to comeback & play at high enough level to produce.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#24 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted February 17, 2014 - 10:31 AM

you know listening to kobe speak, i'm just happy he seems content with the reality of the situation, he's not killing himself over it

bw1wOGf.png

#25 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,396 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 17, 2014 - 10:31 AM

A smart 20-6-5.

That's what I think

#26 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,302 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 17, 2014 - 10:56 AM

Yeah i mentioned that couple posts up. Kinda contradicting myself but I'm just having mixed feelings about it. However, Kobe's game against memphis was promising and as Stu said, (against Toronto if not mistaken) that Kobe would need at least 20-25 games to be back in shape. He needed 6 games to be in the right lane..

On the other hand, it took Kobe 6 games to get injured after sitting out around 8 months.. Even though it was a different injury, the only worrisome is that he might have more of them if his minutes is not controlled..

The approach of the coaching staff should be different than ever in terms of monitoring his minutes ..

Actually, from what I read and understood, this injury has nothing to do with his come back. His Knee fracture began in that same Warriors game where he popped his achilles (go back and watch it again and you will see how much times he injured himself in that game). However, due to him sitting immediately and our season ending, zero attention was applied to his knee. Everyone was focusing on the achilles. Then when he came back with his knee fracture still there, it took him 6 games to re-aggravate it, or worsen it. Because of Kobe's competitive nature, he could have continued playing on it despite it being fractured if it wasn't for that exam (MRI?) he took.

This is the same reason why Xavier Henry has not been able to come back yet. They are afraid his knee fracture could worsen and become like Kobe's.

Edited by Jackson, February 17, 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#27 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,572 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted February 17, 2014 - 01:37 PM

At 48+mill, my expectations for him will be very high when he returns.

You're paying him?

The guys just doing what many members on here need to do. And that is to be realistic. 

2hf753r.jpg

#28 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 2,019 posts

Posted February 17, 2014 - 02:50 PM

Actually, from what I read and understood, this injury has nothing to do with his come back. His Knee fracture began in that same Warriors game where he popped his achilles (go back and watch it again and you will see how much times he injured himself in that game). However, due to him sitting immediately and our season ending, zero attention was applied to his knee. Everyone was focusing on the achilles. Then when he came back with his knee fracture still there, it took him 6 games to re-aggravate it, or worsen it. Because of Kobe's competitive nature, he could have continued playing on it despite it being fractured if it wasn't for that exam (MRI?) he took.

This is the same reason why Xavier Henry has not been able to come back yet. They are afraid his knee fracture could worsen and become like Kobe's.

Sounds realistic .. I wonder if he ever complained about pain in his knees...

#29 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,014 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 17, 2014 - 02:58 PM

Back in October Kobe went to Germany to get the Orthokine treatment on his right knee. Not sure if he got it on his left though.

• 40,556 posts

Posted February 17, 2014 - 06:04 PM

Stephen A & Skip Bayless share their thoughts on it (from today's show):

yo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users