Photo

Forum Update Question

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

• 40,603 posts

Posted February 15, 2014 - 01:50 PM

Anything new at all? How's the progress going? Been a an awful long while since we've heard anything at all.

Also, while I'm on it, any way we can increase the amount of messages we can have in our inbox? It's far too little.

Edited by    , April 11, 2014 - 07:28 PM.

yo.

#2 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 15, 2014 - 09:39 PM

The delay with the forums is completely on me. Sorry.

#3 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts

Posted February 15, 2014 - 09:47 PM

Also, I increased the maximum PM storage to 300 for everyone who was sitting on a max of 100.

#4 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,243 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted February 15, 2014 - 09:54 PM

Maybe we should have a lottery-esqe layout?

#5 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts

Posted February 15, 2014 - 10:13 PM

Maybe we should have a lottery-esqe layout?

I've been told that the plan is to duplicate the blog's layout, but I haven't had the time to do that for a few weeks now.

• 40,603 posts

Posted February 15, 2014 - 11:24 PM

The delay with the forums is completely on me. Sorry.

I've been told that the plan is to duplicate the blog's layout, but I haven't had the time to do that for a few weeks now.

I understand you're extremely busy & respect that, but then could you at the least perhaps give some kinda estimation or timeline of when maybe you will be able to get around to it? Also, by what you're saying just to clarify, are you basically saying you out of everyone on the staff are the only one with the power to make these changes and or the only one with the knowledge on how?

Also, I increased the maximum PM storage to 300 for everyone who was sitting on a max of 100.

I noticed that. Thanks a lot, appreciate it.

yo.

#7 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 01:18 AM

Probably next weekend, and I really don't know. I'm sure Jaime and Kam could roll up and get it done within days, if they had time and/or wanted to.

#8 Jaime Quintanilla

Jaime Quintanilla

SI ME GUSTA!

• 4,346 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 17, 2014 - 09:27 PM

I answered this question just four weeks ago...

Yes, it will take more time to see some of these tools on the forums. So we ask you once again, please be patient with us. We are working behind the scenes as you see today. We haven't forgotten the fan base we have on the forums, we have bigger plans for you. You are Laker Nation.

http://lakernation.c...ncom/?p=1480984

No timetable is set. Why? Because things like this take time. It took us three months from my original post to update the blog. We got it done and I think it looks great. The three month wait was worth it. Well, I'd like to think.

I'm not saying it will take another two months to update the forum. I doubt it, but things happen behind the scenes that are beyond our control; from our personal lives to stupid website bugs that can delay the time. We don't know. What we do know is we we want to get it right and not rush into things.

Once again, be patient. We haven't forgotten.

Thank you,

Jaime Quintanilla

• 40,603 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 07:31 PM

No timetable is set. Why? Because things like this take time. It took us three months from my original post to update the blog. We got it done and I think it looks great. The three month wait was worth it. Well, I'd like to think.

I'm not saying it will take another two months to update the forum. I doubt it

Jaime Quintanilla

So it's been almost two months now again and I was just curious, any update at least at all as to how much progress has been made if at all?

Could you put like maybe some kinda percentage of completion on it at all?

Any potential new estimate or timeline now?

The season's basically over so is it maybe fair to say we should expect it by next season then or earlier in the offseason?

Seriously not trying to be a dick, just highly curious again cause I simply care a lot (not saying you don't).

yo.

#10 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted April 11, 2014 - 08:48 PM

be patient.

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,603 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 08:53 PM

^ I was. He said "I'm not saying it will take another two months to update the forum." and it's basically now been two months and I just wanted to at least maybe get a word as to the progress if any. Perhaps a percentage. Something? I would find it pretty disappointing to be honest if all this time, all these months, nothing whatsoever has been started on it at all.

yo.

#12 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 10:03 PM

I'm not saying it will take another two months to update the forum. I doubt it, but things happen behind the scenes that are beyond our control

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,603 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 10:11 PM

That's a perfect way of giving leeway. Not saying it's not true, but still... I'll wait...

yo.

#14 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 10:16 PM

Yes, he said what he said nearly two months ago but situations are fluid. That's why he said BUT things happen that are beyond their control. 

Jaime said he answered the SAME question just four weeks ago. He asked to please be patient then and he's asking for more patience now.

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,603 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 10:21 PM

He asked to please be patient then and he's asking for more patience now.

Really? You spoke to him recently about this? I'm not completely doubting he would feel that way anyway, but I never heard him say that again recently though.

yo.

#16 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 10:27 PM

Really? You spoke to him recently about this? I'm not completely doubting he would feel that way anyway, but I never heard him say that again recently though.

I answered this question just four weeks ago

So we ask you once again, please be patient with us.

Once again, be patient

Pau Gasol is GONE

• 40,603 posts

Posted April 11, 2014 - 10:44 PM

yo.

#18 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts

Posted April 12, 2014 - 12:53 PM

I'm going to be the one updating the board, so any delay is on me. I could update it today, if I pushed my work aside, because basically what I'd be doing (initially) is installing the new software and coding a new skin to match the blog. We would just wait for the new forum images (ex. member titles), but the old ones can still be used until then.

Seems simple, but it's tedious work.

Much like I've told many staff members, and LAKER can vouch for this, work and school come before LN. I don't expect anyone, including posters with no staff obligations, to drop those responsibilities to contribute here.

While part of that is by choice, in regards to putting things off and working on the board, a great deal of it is also something I simply can't avoid. It's the difference between being a system administrator...and a system admin, marketing director, purchasing agent and a potential manager that's a major piece of the puzzle to a multi-million dollar company.

#19 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,903 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted April 12, 2014 - 01:16 PM

Always been curious as to what you do for a living Real Deal? It's obviously something really complex and time-consuming since I know for someone like you, it would take a lot to limit your activity around these here parts of the town.
iyjywo.jpg

#20 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted April 12, 2014 - 01:24 PM

if u need me to post some nice gifs i will, bring back the other site homie.

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users