108 replies to this topic

#101 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 818 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 17, 2014 - 10:47 AM

I really dont see any of these College brats being answers to our problems. THere are 0 Kobes & LBJs in upcoming drafts.

Not sure where "brats" came from, but we don't absolutely need to pick a Kobe/LBJ level player this year. They were called generational players for a reason. In addition, no player is at his peak when he is drafted. Lebron, Kobe, Durant, etc. all took a few years to develop into what they are now, and it will be the same with the players in this draft. Whatever the case may be, having an All-Star/superstar to build with doesn't hurt. It certainly improves our chances of doing well in free agency in upcoming years, and it will be nice to have a glimpse of the future shape of the Laker team (whomever we draft). 

#102 KjaX24

KjaX24

KjaX24

• 305 posts
  • Name:keith jackson
  • Fan Since:a wee little lad
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 17, 2014 - 10:50 AM

To be fair there are 0 kobes and 0 lebrons in 95% of the drafts.

#103 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 293 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted February 17, 2014 - 11:34 AM

The Lakers have been in each game they've lost, they only seem to fall behind in the 4th quarter.  Hard to explain why this happens, I would hope its not conditioning.  And assume its inner will.

Pity the game doesn't have three periods like Hockey. 

#104 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 818 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 17, 2014 - 12:58 PM

The Lakers have been in each game they've lost, they only seem to fall behind in the 4th quarter.  Hard to explain why this happens, I would hope its not conditioning.  And assume its inner will.

Pity the game doesn't have three periods like Hockey. 

I feel that if a better team talent-wise plays an inferior team, they'll be coasting to a degree until the 4th quarter, whereas the Lakers would be playing all-out the entire game. This would also explain the usual collapse of the defense and injury frequency. Many posters mentioned the OKC-LAL game, but OKC is clearly in it for the long haul this year. There is no doubt that from a talent standpoint, the Lakers don't come close to OKC right now. 

#105 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,113 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 17, 2014 - 01:06 PM

This is going to be 1 of the deepest drafts in a long time. DO you watch these college games at all? I say brats cuz they young right now & dont know anything. Lokk how bad some of the top guys look from their senior yr of dominaion to this freshman yr when their still playing heavy mins. Many guys dont even look like the same player. Its seem several of them forgot how to make certain moves & get their shots off esepcially vs a zone. smfh.

What guy is playing at college level now that produced like DUrant did in college? What guy is coming into the league NBA ready like LBJ & Kobe were?

Im not saying there is something wrong with having draft selections Im just saying dont count on them to get LAkers back into Title contention in next 2 yrs while Kobe here.

Not sure where "brats" came from, but we don't absolutely need to pick a Kobe/LBJ level player this year. They were called generational players for a reason. In addition, no player is at his peak when he is drafted. Lebron, Kobe, Durant, etc. all took a few years to develop into what they are now, and it will be the same with the players in this draft. Whatever the case may be, having an All-Star/superstar to build with doesn't hurt. It certainly improves our chances of doing well in free agency in upcoming years, and it will be nice to have a glimpse of the future shape of the Laker team (whomever we draft). 

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#106 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,113 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted February 17, 2014 - 01:07 PM

touche & thats my point dont look for these boys to be LAker saviors

To be fair there are 0 kobes and 0 lebrons in 95% of the drafts.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

• 40,373 posts

Posted February 17, 2014 - 03:23 PM

^ I'm not sure anyone is or would be to be honest, at least certainly not in the immediate future, but again, it simply goes back to getting a relatively cheap (cost) young potentially potent asset, who can eventually become either a superstar or star over nothing or something much much weaker. I'll take the former any time. No need to make it more than what it is or go to extremes with the "savior" or "LeBron, Kobe" stuff.

yo.

#108 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 17, 2014 - 03:28 PM

Cheering for losses for a "wes johnson" would be stupid as [expletive]

• 40,373 posts

Posted February 17, 2014 - 03:32 PM

Nobody knows nor can guarantee anything obviously, but it's better to at the least give yourself that chance when the circumstances & situation is lined up that way than to not for absolutely nothing. I would hope just about anyone would agree with that.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users