• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted February 14, 2014 - 12:33 AM

That's directed at you too.

Well then half thank you

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#62 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,403 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 14, 2014 - 12:33 AM

You're welcome 

You're welcome

You're welcome

#63 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,930 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted February 14, 2014 - 12:34 AM

Lol you all need to emoticons_humor_divertido_msnanimal_com-

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#64 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted February 14, 2014 - 12:38 AM

hahah alright im going to bed, Lets all relax and enjoy all star weekend. Got nothing but love for the Laker fam, except for marshall :naughty:

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#65 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts
  • Name:Ivan
  • Fan Since:year 2000

Posted February 14, 2014 - 01:26 AM

I can't get it why you assume getting a good draft pick will automatically make us a contender. Young prospects take years to develop into stars and the Lakers haven't been good developing young talent and sticking with it in recent years ..

Check me out on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/str8ridah

Message From Pac

• 40,416 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 01:30 AM

I can't get it why you assume getting a good draft pick will automatically make us a contender.

Who is saying that? WHO???

yo.

#67 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,414 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 14, 2014 - 01:37 AM

the Lakers haven't been good developing young talent and sticking with it in recent years ..

how about this year? 

Edited by Majesty, February 14, 2014 - 01:38 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#68 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 01:43 AM

how about this year? 

Kelly is playing because we basically don't have any players left .. You think he would have played if we had our top guys ? Yeah he would've played .. in the D-League .. That's how it is with the Lakers - the only way you get PT is if 3-4 guys are injured. All the spot light is already taken by the Kobe's, the Paus, the Steve's etc. We have the "win now" mentality which doesn't go well with waiting years to develop guys .. That's how it is. That's how it was with Phil, that's how it is with D'intoni. 

Message From Pac

#69 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,414 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 01:45 AM

Kelly is playing because we basically don't have any players left .. You think he would have played if we had our top guys ? Yeah he would've played .. in the D-League .. That's how it is with the Lakers - the only way you get PT is if 3-4 guys are injured. All the spot light is already taken by the Kobe's, the Paus, the Steve's etc. We have the "win now" mentality which doesn't go well with waiting years to develop guys .. That's how it is. That's how it was with Phil, that's how it is with D'intoni. 

Ah so it's THAT kind of post..

I see.... 

• 40,416 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 01:46 AM

Saber, who is saying getting a good draft pick will automatically make us a contender? Whom was that directed towards? Who???

gradient_mcmenamin_dave_square_bigger.jpDave McMenamin ‏@mcten 4h
Dirty secret about tonight: This is the type of game Lakers fans root for - competitive/entertaining, but still a L for draft seeding

e78bb8577d53e35b5f57d0adf3cde13c_bigger.Arash Markazi ‏@ArashMarkazi 4h
This is a solid night for #TeamTank. The most important thing is losing but aside from that, it was competitive and entertaining.

Edited by    , February 14, 2014 - 02:14 AM.

yo.

#71 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 03:46 AM

Saber, who is saying getting a good draft pick will automatically make us a contender? Whom was that directed towards? Who???

Dunno, dude, it's not directed to a certain individual .. That's the vibe I feel around here these days.

Edited by Saber, February 14, 2014 - 03:48 AM.

Message From Pac

• 40,416 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 03:51 AM

^ A vibe can be a lot different from actual reality though and saying what you said & absolutely passing it as fact basically just isn't fair since NO ONE (that I know of at least) has said "getting a good draft pick will automatically make us a contender".

I can't get it why you assume getting a good draft pick will automatically make us a contender.

Makes no sense at all. If you can show me some evidence of anyone having said that, then I'll lend you some credibility.

yo.

#73 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,414 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 04:07 AM

Kupchak on it 

"Winning is never a bad thing," Kupchak said. "If you try to manipulate the draft, my experience -- I'm not a karma guy -- but if you try to manipulate this thing, it never works out the way you think it's going to work out. You're better off doing what you know is the right thing is to do and whatever happens, happens for the right reason. And that's our approach."

I think that it's a known the Lakers are never going to intentionally lose.  But Mitch is pretty much saying in his interview that he isn't going to make the moves that are made with the intention of getting the Lakers extra wins and he is looking to stockpile draft picks for the future while we ride this out currently.   So Mitch is saying "Never tank. But if you have a bad team or a terrible circumstance that lands you here, ride it out and see what happens."   I like his perspective much better personally. 

#74 Saber

Saber

O.G.

• 13,306 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 04:13 AM

^ A vibe can be a lot different from actual reality though and saying what you said & absolutely passing it as fact basically just isn't fair since NO ONE (that I know of at least) has said "getting a good draft pick will automatically make us a contender".

Makes no sense at all. If you can show me some evidence of anyone having said that, then I'll lend you some credibility.

lol are you serious ?  :laughing:  Don't have the time to dig and prove something I know it's true for a lot of folks. Maybe not you and me, but a lot of Laker fans on this board and out of it .. The simple fact people want the Lakers to tank means they have hopes that a potential high draft pick will magically improve things which is not true. People hope that not only we'll land Wiggins, but also Durant, Love and even Lebron will just leave their teams in a heartbeat and sign with the Lakers, just because we're the Lakers. That's a fairy tale scenario. Kinda fed up with posts like this 

Wiggins

Kobe

Lebron

Durant

Love 

LET'S GOOOO

Not going to happen guys .. We're in rebuild mode. First thing I think we need to do is landing a franchise player or at least a player we can build around. Tanking won't get us there. What makes you think Kevin Love or anyone else would like to sign with a sucky Lakers that have just missed the playoffs ?

I don't support tanking, but I guess that's how it's going to be since half of our team is injured. I see the possibility of getting a top pick, but that's a long term plan, not a "win now" plan.

Message From Pac

#75 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,414 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 04:24 AM

Their plan is to contend by 2015 and try for a final ring for Kobe for his final year. 

Next year is a dark horse year 

The Lakers will be trying to do these things for next season

Trade Gasol for a mid-level first round pick 
Stockpile what picks you can for the 2014 draft even if it means letting go of Meeks, Kaman, Gasol
Re-sign guys that pan out this year left over from that
Get a high lottery pick 
Pick wisely on your middle picks if you have any
See what you can strengthen in other deals if some players walk 
Try to be a dark horse in the playoffs(5th-8th seed) 

ideal scenario for the Lakers imo?

High Lottery Pick: Exum, Wiggins, Parker
Mid-Level Lottery Pick: Willie Cauley-Stein

Then the next year their plan is this 
Sign a big time Free Agent(Kevin Love)  
Look at your team and see what kind of run you can contend to make 

So if this plan comes to fruition(which would take a LOT of work and a lot of effort and luck) and this team was put together by 2015 

(one of these 3 starting lineups and bench)
start: 
Exum
Kobe
Wesley
Love

Willie-Cauley Stein 

bench:

Marshall / Farmar

Nick Young
Xavier Henry 
Ryan Kelly
Jordan HIll

or 

starter:
Marshall

Kobe
Wiggins
Love
Willie Cauley-Stein 

bench: 
Farmar
Young 
Johnson/ Henry

Kelly

Hill 

or 

starter:
Marshall

Kobe
Parker
Love
Willie Cauley-Stein 

bench: 
Farmar
Young 
Johnson/ Henry

Kelly

Hill 

Then do either of those 3 teams have a shot at contending in 2015?  In your opinions? 

#76 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,455 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted February 14, 2014 - 04:34 AM

we shouldnt be winning at all. every time we get a pointless victory we only defeat ourselves further in our draft chances. When we lose I am happy. Every time we win I smh in disbelief and get mad. Theres always some scrub that wants to step up and prove himself worthy. Thats the issue. Were trying to scout for next season and this inhibits the tank. Stop scouting. Play scrubs that have no chance. Right now were the 4th worst record in the NBA and thats not good enough. Dont believe me? In 5-6 years when the Bucks are the team to beat and winning Chips you will.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#77 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,414 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 04:38 AM

we shouldnt be winning at all. every time we get a pointless victory we only defeat ourselves further in our draft chances. When we lose I am happy. Every time we win I smh in disbelief and get mad. Theres always some scrub that wants to step up and prove himself worthy. Thats the issue. Were trying to scout for next season and this inhibits the tank. Stop scouting. Play scrubs that have no chance. Right now were the 4th worst record in the NBA and thats not good enough. Dont believe me? In 5-6 years when the Bucks are the team to beat and winning Chips you will.

We've been the 3rd worst team in the league since December 8th that means only 2 teams have had a worse w/l ratio than ours. 

When we win which is a rarity we win the least of any of the other lottery teams but 2.  So it's not that serious actually.   Especially when you consider December 8th the Lakers were at .500 at 9-9  

Here's where the other lottery team were

Sacramento Kings 5-13 
Milwaukee Bucks 4-16

Orlando Magic 6-14

Philadelphia 7-14 
Boston Celtics 10-12 

Lakers are losing plenty so celebrating a win isn't so terrible.  They won't see many.  Heck to even fallen as hard as they've fallen to even catch up to all these teams that had such worse starts says something about how bad the team got.   

So despite those 'meaningless wins that jeopardize the future' and all that dramatic jazz, the Lakers have actually been the league's 3rd worst team and are currently tied as the worst team in the Western Conference. That means that 12 teams "jeopardized their future" worse than the Lakers did in the lottery since that point. 

So there's really no reason to freak out at or 'get mad' at the one or two wins the Lakers get in the midst of their 12 losses.  The team is bad, 'worst team in the West, 3rd worst team in the league' bad.  So there's no reason to hope the Lakers are going to lose and get mad when they win.  They're gonna lose a heck of a lot more than they are going to win this year :( 

Just consider that the Lakers have been the third worst team in the NBA and the worst team in the Western Conference during the EASY stretch of their schedule... ahead of us now are the playoff teams and teams that are fighting to make the playoffs... March and April is going to be a painful two months :( 

But if you understand all of that fully you should be able to watch Lakers games and actually root for them instead of hoping for them to lose.   You don't need to 'hope' anything.  They're going to lose.  Support the team even during it's bad times.  Don't make the bad times some sort of master plan in an attempt to find a way to feel better about them.  Just admit the team is bad and that none of it was by design like every other team that has to deal with this kind of year more than once every decade and a half. To me it just reeks of insecurity at times. But that's just mho. 

or as Kobe would put it 
"We don't [expletive] need to tank.  The team is [expletive]. You don't [expletive] tank. If your team is [expletive] then say your team is [expletive] and move on.  No one plans to be [expletive]. [expletive] just happens.  If anyone tells you ever that they planned to be [expletive] then they're full of [expletive]. You'd have to be a...sorry.. individual. Next question.

Just my two cents.  

Edited by Majesty, February 14, 2014 - 04:56 AM.

#78 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,575 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted February 14, 2014 - 06:11 AM

Some Lakers fans don't know how to take losing, which is understandable. Go talk to my brother and dad about it, they're Cubs fans. Talk to me about it, I'm a Jags fan (until LA gets a team). With baseball it's different, but in football and basketball when you have a bad team you hope for the best*. Meaning your team gives good effort, guys play hard and try to win but end up falling short.

I think it's adorable though that some of us want to win partly so our guys don't get their feelings hurt lol. Please, they're professionals. They'll get in their $100k cars after the game and feel right as rain.

Edited by Jay Cee, February 14, 2014 - 06:13 AM.

#79 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,101 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 14, 2014 - 06:16 AM

Blake and farmar are both better

:facepalm:

I don't even wanna post in this thread now.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#80 KjaX24

KjaX24

KjaX24

• 305 posts
  • Name:keith jackson
  • Fan Since:a wee little lad
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 14, 2014 - 07:43 AM

Am I to late for the fun? :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users