#21 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,161 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:14 PM

I truly hope MDA isn't brought back. By far and away the worst coach in professional sports

#22 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:20 PM

I truly hope MDA isn't brought back. By far and away the worst coach in professional sports

In all honesty this is what we should hope for the most. Not a top 5 pick or top 3 pick, but for something in Jim Buss' small brain to flip into something positive by realizing how bad MDA is for this team. We need to hope he's watching these games enough to finally flip out.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#23 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,573 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:21 PM

Our team played their hearts out tonight. The game was within reach and instead of cheering I see comments like "great loss". Please. Im just as hopeful for the draft as the next guy but don't call yourself a laker fan if you're going to root for us to lose and say "great loss". Disgusting.

I dont completely disagree with you and i think it's nice to win some games. It's not like we were going to lose every game here on out anyways, so the wins might as well come against the teams we hate, like Boston and Houston, or in plain good games, like Cleveland.

That said, i have a bit of a "big picture"-mentality when it comes to the Lakers and a high pick is the first step towards getting a championship back to LA. We need competitive and exciting games - but in the end, also a lot of losses.

#24 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:21 PM

You know what really should be asked though OP? What's wrong with you? How can you supposedly claim to "cheer" for this team when you still HATE Kendall Marshall? LOL... got you good there huh? I didn't forget and I'm sure nor has Majesty, but since your stance in this topic goes with his he'll probably conveniently ignore that eventhough he was on you about it for so long like flies on feces, lol..

but seriously, do tell me, do you still hate Kendall Marshall? Expecting a oh so shocking all of a sudden "no", lol. That just killed your whole argument man, damn.

Whats there to hate about a player who can only go left and takes jumpshots from half court? Of course I hate him. Blake and farmar are both better

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#25 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,987 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:26 PM

Whats there to hate about a player who can only go left and takes jumpshots from half court? Of course I hate him. Blake and farmar are both better

If a player is making 50 percent of his jumper from half court at a high clip, I'm pretty okay with him shooting.

You say he only goes left like he puts up buckets? The dude averages 10 dimes a game and is a wonderful game manager. You must have a very different definition of what a point guard really is.

• 40,450 posts

Wow, hey, I'm very surprised, but props (will give you a like when I can again) for at least admitting it despite it not suiting your argument nor making you look good at all. That takes balls. Most people can't be humble enough to let their pride down a bit, but while we're on it though, can you tell me how you can back the stance of "rooting" for the team to "win" when you yourself admit you absolutely loathe one of its most contributing & productive components?

yo.

#27 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,612 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

superamor only hates Marshall cause he's friends with Larry Drew and wrongly blames Marshall for him not being at UNC.   

his entire argument is non founded except for that.  He hates Marshall because he blames him for something Marshall had no control over. 

Edited by Majesty, February 13, 2014 - 11:27 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#28 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:28 PM

Wow, hey, I'm very surprised, but props (will give you a like when I can again) for at least admitting it despite it not suiting your argument nor making you look good at all. That takes balls. Most people can't be humble enough to let their pride down a bit, but while we're on it though, can you tell me how you can back the stance of "rooting" for the team to "win" when you yourself admit you absolutely loathe one of its most contributing & productive components?

Sarcasm bro
And im a minority here. Id rather see them compete and win. As long as the front of the jersey says Lakers. You are a model organization that needs to compete 110% every second

Edited by SuPeRmAoR, February 13, 2014 - 11:29 PM.

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#29 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:28 PM

If a player is making 50 percent of his jumper from half court at a high clip, I'm pretty okay with him shooting.

You say he only goes left like he puts up buckets? The dude averages 10 dimes a game and is a wonderful game manager. You must have a very different definition of what a point guard really is.

Product of D'Antonis system

jpg2mw.jpg

• 40,450 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:29 PM

It basically means everyone who just liked the first post of this thread are backing a guy who doesn't even believe what he's saying. Crazy.

yo.

#31 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,987 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:34 PM

Product of D'Antonis system

I've seen that argument destroyed one too many times on this forum to even offer a response. Good look on supporting the rest of theplayers on the team who have no real future with us.

#32 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:35 PM

http://lakernation.c...ck-young-fight/

Hate.

Hate.

Goodbye credibility. Liking the post of a guy who doesn't even stand by what he says.

You can't claim to "root" for the Lakers and hate one of the greatest pieces currently of the team helping it compete to try & "win".

You're really pulling out my posts from a month ago, go ahead, credibility isnt an issue when its a matter of opinion. Im sure that I understand and comprehend the game of basketball far beyond what you think you know. But thats beside the point, attacking my fandom because I root for the team to win is the stupidest contradiction you could have came up with. Let me get this straight? In order for me to validate that I am a fan who "roots" for the Lakers I need to cheer when we lose? Doesnt make sense to me.

jpg2mw.jpg

• 40,450 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:35 PM

Sarcasm bro

551383205_dr_evil_right_thumb_xlarge.jpe

Too late for that. Too much damaging evidence to contradict that. Such a shame too cause you had your own little group of supporters there as seen in the first post and then you go & admit you hate one of the players who tries to help this team most to compete & "win", basically going against the very essence of your original argument.

I would say you're better than that, but right now I think even Mark Jackson would be disappointed.

yo.

#34 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,612 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:37 PM

Anyway to steer it back on topic.  This thread isn't about Supermaor's hate for Marshall. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#35 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 890 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:37 PM

Great loss as in entertaining loss also as in we have nothing to lose. Losing actually brings grey positives this year.

it was expected. I already knew Durant was going to go off. Look at his season.

We keep Marshall for sure.

This.

I get where you're coming from. Even though I understand that it is probably best for the Lakers to tank at this point, I am still rooting for them to play their hearts out and attempt to win every single game. I know it sounds paradoxical, but I'm just trying to find entertainment out of the game rather than letting the Lakers ruin my evening every other night.

I agree on the playing hard part. I wouldn't get caught up in winds and losses; I rarely watch the games anyhow.

#36 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:38 PM

551383205_dr_evil_right_thumb_xlarge.jpe

Too late for that. Too much damaging evidence to contradict that. Such a shame too cause you had your own little group of supporters there as seen in the first post and then you go & admit you hate one of the players who tries to help this team most to compete & "win", basically going against the very essence of your original argument.

I would say you're better than that, but right now I think even Mark Jackson would be disappointed.

Anyway to steer it back on topic.  This thread isn't about Supermaor's hate for Marshall. 

Tell that to the man who wants to attack me for voicing an opinion on a certain player, the topic was about fans but now he wants to attack me, which is fine, I dont care but that being said just because I think Marshall is overrated that has nothing to do with the topic at hand

jpg2mw.jpg

• 40,450 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:38 PM

But thats beside the point, attacking my fandom because I root for the team to win.

Don't run away from the point. Again you admitted it yourself with more than enough evidence. You absolutely loathe Marshall, therefore you can't possibly claim to "root" for the team. That's just flat out Stephen A. Smith BLASPHEMOUS, lol!

You say you "root for the team". Well last I checked, Kendall Marshall is a part of "the team" and a pretty big one at that these days, yet you hate him. Okay. Makes a lot of sense.

just because I think Marshall is overrated that has nothing to do with the topic at hand

Oh wow. Now you're trying to soften it up? You only think he's "overrated"? Trying to remove that "hate" tag all of a sudden. Hehehe I''m Joe Pesci amused.

and it has everything to do with the topic at hand. You can't claim yourself to "root for the team" when you clearly hate a player that's part of that team and more than anything helps it tremendously.

But I'll try & stop there & please some people including yourself. I've more than made my point. Your credibility has been tarnished on this matter at least to me obviously. It was fun though.

Edited by    , February 13, 2014 - 11:42 PM.

yo.

#38 SuPeRmAoR

SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:42 PM

Don't run away from the point. Again you admitted it yourself with more than enough evidence. You absolutely loathe Marshall, therefore you can't possibly claim to "root" for the team. That's just flat out Stephen A. Smith BLASPHEMOUS, lol!

You say you "root for the team". Well last I checked, Kendall Marshall is a part of "the team" and a pretty big one at that these days, yet you hate him. Okay. Makes a lot of sense.

What exactly am I running away from? Did I not just say 5 times that I think Marshall is overrated and a product of the system? And no Marshall is not a part of "The Team" The only players who are active right now that I consider a part of the team are Swaggy, Farmar, Blake, Wes, Hill, and Sacre. They play with their hearts and do whats best for the team. Marshall hasnt shown me anything that proves that he is doing something other than stat padding. Its a free country, people are allowed to have opinions. Just because I hate the guy that doesnt make me a less of a fan than one who loves him.

jpg2mw.jpg

#39 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 890 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:43 PM

I'm not a mod, but does anyone here think this thread should be looked? The title isn't the nicest.

• 40,450 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:47 PM

And no Marshall is not a part of "The Team" The only players who are active right now that I consider a part of the team are Swaggy, Farmar, Blake, Wes, Hill, and Sacre.

Marshall hasnt shown me anything that proves that he is doing something other than stat padding. Its a free country, people are allowed to have opinions. Just because I hate the guy that doesnt make me a less of a fan than one who loves him.

You're only hurting yourself man, but hey, at least you're honest about what you feel despite it totally contradicting cheering this "team" to "win". I guess it must pain you to the balls when Marshall does anything to help this team get closer to "winning". I have nothing else to add. Sorry for the arguably rough time, but I only found it fair to call you out a bit on claiming to "cheer for the team" when a very big piece of that you absolutely depise and hope nothing but bad things for.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users