SuPeRmAoR

TLN's ballerist

• 2,476 posts
  • Name:Maor
  • Fan Since:4 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:31 PM

POPULAR

Our team played their hearts out tonight. The game was within reach and instead of cheering I see comments like "great loss". Please. Im just as hopeful for the draft as the next guy but don't call yourself a laker fan if you're going to root for us to lose and say "great loss". Disgusting.

jpg2mw.jpg

"Dante Exum will be an NBA All Star by the 2018 NBA Season" - Supermaor23 3/10/14

#2 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,645 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:32 PM

It was a great game
Period

Lakers should have some hope from the game

#3 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,769 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:36 PM

84625.gif

#4 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:36 PM

Great loss as in entertaining loss also as in we have nothing to lose. Losing actually brings grey positives this year.

it was expected. I already knew Durant was going to go off. Look at his season.

We keep Marshall for sure.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

• 40,416 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:38 PM

Perfect scenario bro. Let me just speak for myself on this at least:

Hope for our players to play well, have some nice games, be competitive, but the end result help us instead of hurt us which means winning (losing) over losing (winning). Catch my drift?

Big picture bruh'.

Greater young potential asset > nothing. Just for this season. It's the only way to go.

Embrace what's best.

yo.

#6 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 610 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:39 PM

Our team played their hearts out tonight. The game was within reach and instead of cheering I see comments like "great loss". Please. Im just as hopeful for the draft as the next guy but don't call yourself a laker fan if you're going to root for us to lose and say "great loss". Disgusting.

I'm a die hard Laker fan but loses are more beneficial for the future then wins are at this point

#7 Murdercassette

Murdercassette

Rap game Billy Mays

• 628 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:39 PM

Being that we expected a massacre, a thrilling game like this one was a nice surprise.

Edited by Murdercassette, February 13, 2014 - 10:40 PM.

Posted Image

#8 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,927 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:40 PM

I get where you're coming from. Even though I understand that it is probably best for the Lakers to tank at this point, I am still rooting for them to play their hearts out and attempt to win every single game. I know it sounds paradoxical, but I'm just trying to find entertainment out of the game rather than letting the Lakers ruin my evening every other night.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#9 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:40 PM

honestly i wished winning actually means something. But when you're team is worse than dog[expletive] might as well lose and benefit from it a little.

#10 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:41 PM

Being that we expected a massacre, a thrilling game like this one was a nice surprise.

Loved Marshall dogging

#11 leor_77

leor_77

Superstar

• 8,341 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:43 PM

I agree - so disgusted by the tankers openly rooting for losses, that's why I barely watch the games/log-on to the forums. Having a silver lining to a loss is one thing, but cheering like we won the championship whenever we lose, especially against a team that I despise, in front of a national audience...Nothing short of pathetic.

Edited by leor_77, February 13, 2014 - 10:44 PM.

• 40,416 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:44 PM

You know what really should be asked though OP? What's wrong with you? How can you supposedly claim to "cheer" for this team when you still HATE Kendall Marshall? LOL... got you good there huh? I didn't forget and I'm sure nor has Majesty, but since your stance in this topic goes with his he'll probably conveniently ignore that eventhough he was on you about it for so long like flies on feces, lol..

but seriously, do tell me, do you still hate Kendall Marshall? Expecting a oh so shocking all of a sudden "no", lol. That just killed your whole argument man, damn.

yo.

#13 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 988 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:48 PM

I find some comfort when we lose by telling me it's good for the draft but when our guys play like tonight...I wanted that W, can't help it.

Anyway, I understand the guys who are openly enjoying our L, I don't share their thought though. But I get it.

• 40,416 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:50 PM

I'm a die hard Laker fan but loses are more beneficial for the future then wins are at this point

It's common sense really IF one truly wants what's best for their team, but as I've said before, one can at least still cheer on the guys and hope they have great performances just so long as the end result benefits us most. If not, then it's not worth celebrating cause that only hurts us.

Anyway, I understand the guys who are openly enjoying our L, I don't share their thought though.

They're not losses! They're wins! Don't you get it? Sigh...

So you cheer for our losses (wins)?

Don't you recognize & want what's best for this team? Why don't some people think about the future? This season is absolutely pointless. My goodness, lol.

Edited by    , February 13, 2014 - 10:51 PM.

yo.

#15 L4K

L4K

Rookie

• 755 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Fan Since:2005
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:56 PM

Whether or not you want the team to lose, odds are there's going to be quite a few more losses coming this season. While I'm not openly rooting for the team to lose, when a win in February could mean the difference between the 2 and 5th pick in the draft, it doesn't make the win worth it. The Lakers rarely have down seasons like this one and if the losing continues into next season I'm going to be pissed, especially since we have no first round pick, but for this season I've accepted that more losses = a brighter future for our team. Look at it this way, would you rather pile up the losses this season and get Parker/Wiggins/Exum or get more wins the rest of the way and end up with Gordon/LaVine/Harris? I know which option I'm picking.

Team sports are cyclical in nature, no team is ever going to be consistently great. There are going to be down times and if ever there was a season to suck as bad as we do, this is the one.

#16 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:58 PM

Amen. Get the season is done [expletive] out of your head. It's difficult to suddenly come to terms with the greatest sports franchise in the history of American team sports suddenly tanking on purpose and not winning any games. PERIOD. We're Laker fans. We're used to winning. I really don't care anymore people can have their opinion but you definitely can't say we are wrong for wanting the team to win games. That's ridiculous. Kobe would slap any of you fools who say that 

Edited by LakersChamps243, February 13, 2014 - 10:58 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

• 40,416 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 10:59 PM

http://lakernation.c...ck-young-fight/

Im still mad over marshall. Big deal he can throw 20 assists in D'Antonis system, Any professional basketball player can do that. It seems to me all hes doing is stat padding, he doesnt play to win, he plays to get a contract, has an ugly jumpshot to match his ugly face

Hate.

He can only go left, has a very streaky jumpshot and im pretty sure shaq can beat him in a foot race. Lets not forget the fact that he plays no defense whatsoever. this guy doesnt deserve to be a laker.

theres a reason the guy got traded from phoenix then cut from a terrible wizards team and now I see why

Hate.

Goodbye credibility. Liking the post of a guy who doesn't even stand by what he says.

You can't claim to "root" for the Lakers and hate one of the greatest pieces currently of the team helping it compete to try & "win".

Edited by    , February 13, 2014 - 11:09 PM.

yo.

#18 DeeZee

DeeZee

Sixth Man

• 4,166 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe. Shaq. Magic. Kareem.

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:00 PM

Great Game. Blake, Kaman, Wes & Marshall played well. 

Lottery pick here we come..

#19 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,971 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:13 PM

I'm treating this season like I do the Raiders. If we win, great. If we lose, hope it was entertaining and our guys were great.

#20 The Big Fish

The Big Fish

AKA Michael Knight

• 5,999 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:My dad showed me "showtime".
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe to Shaq.

Posted February 13, 2014 - 11:13 PM

They aren't taking on purpose though... they have been injured and the players that are left aren't very good... at defense to be particular. The Lakers just aren't very good. They didn't need to tank. 

tysonsigv1ui2.jpg

REST IN PARADISE, Queen Fefe

I love you Ma!

October 26th, 2013

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users