Photo

Kevin Durant Nicknames Himself "The Servant" (Pg. 2); Simmons & Jalen Rose: Indiana Will Beat Miami, Durant MVP, Key Potential OKC Trade

GRANTLAND

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

• 40,548 posts

Posted February 12, 2014 - 02:24 AM

Say & feel how you will about Bill Simmons, but the guy absolutely knows his stuff.

They talk about a multitude of topics here and on the right of the video will show where you can quickly click to to navigate to what you want to hear about. Great stuff.

Heading into the All-Star break, Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose discuss the one trade that would win the West for OKC, who will win all the major awards, why the Pacers could beat the Heat, and what Bill said about Rudy Gay that he immediately rescinded.

Edited by    , February 17, 2014 - 05:00 PM.

yo.

#2 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,790 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 12, 2014 - 03:49 AM

I think Simmons is awesome and his podcast is far and away the best nba podcast out there.

But one thing i hate is that he always goes out of his way to diss Kobe.

#3 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,195 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted February 12, 2014 - 09:36 AM

He just really hates the lakers. And by proxy, Kobe.

#4 5thDroog

5thDroog

Kapow!

• 14,731 posts
  • Fav. Laker:24,32,33,44,13,22,16,34,5,2

Posted February 12, 2014 - 11:30 AM

Can anyone link me where simmons basically kissed kobe's ass in an article after kobe tore his ACL? 

#5 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,937 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 12, 2014 - 12:02 PM

He just really hates the lakers. And by proxy, Kobe.

Also one of the biggest Lebron Homers I have seen. Or maybe I got that vibe because for years he would take shots at Kobe and build Lebron up.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, February 12, 2014 - 12:21 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#6 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,937 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 09:44 AM

Just watched the whole thing. What do you guys think of Simmons ranking of the PF's in the league? If you didn't see it he had Blake, LA, and Love in that order. I would flip where Blake and Love are in that order.

#7 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,468 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted February 13, 2014 - 09:56 AM

Simmons is one of the better writers out there.  I mean he's a Celtics fan so you have to expect Laker disses. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

• 40,548 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 01:45 PM

I thought the Jeremy Lamb & Kendrick Perkins proposal for Arron Afflalo was interesting. On one hand, Jeremy Lamb is young and still developing & coming into his own potentially. Ceiling may be higher as well, but on the other, Afflalo is more proven overall by his track record & experience and he also because of that is just a guy you can probably trust more come playoffs to get the job done and show up in big moments & not shrink.

Just watched the whole thing. What do you guys think of Simmons ranking of the PF's in the league? If you didn't see it he had Blake, LA, and Love in that order. I would flip where Blake and Love are in that order.

I can definitely see an argument for Love over Blake, but at the same time, I believe in large part, Simmons is rewarding winning. With help from CP3 or not, bottomline is Blake's actually reached the playoffs numerous times and has consistently won whereas K-Love obviously has not. Not to mention that Griffin's made some pretty big strides in his game this season and could potentially be a candidate for most improved player if they ever gave those awards out to stars.

yo.

#9 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

I do the walk of life.

• 1,868 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 13, 2014 - 02:57 PM

Armed with trade exceptions, OKC has been active in search for a shooter to fortify them for title run, league sources tell Yahoo.

Impossible is nothing.

• 40,548 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 03:01 PM

^ Good. I applaud them. I hope they do indeed go for it and get it. You can only hold on to so many of your assets for so long. At some point you've gotta' make some use of them and what better time than now? A potential championship is within their grasp.

yo.

#11 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,045 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted February 13, 2014 - 03:04 PM

Armed with trade exceptions, OKC has been active in search for a shooter to fortify them for title run, league sources tell Yahoo.

Good for them and Durant, I actually thought they'd stand pat considering the Westbrook factor. Don't really know who they could go for, but they need some more offensive power to give Durant some better perimeter breathing room.

• 40,548 posts

Posted February 13, 2014 - 03:06 PM

Don't really know who they could go for, but they need some more offensive power to give Durant some better perimeter breathing room.

Listen & watch the video at 6:26 or read post #8 of this thread.

yo.

#13 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,045 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted February 13, 2014 - 03:50 PM

Listen & watch the video at 6:26 or read post #8 of this thread.

I don't think Afflalo or Young are really difference makers for them to the point you'd give up a promising younger player in Lamb and a first round pick, then again I don't really know what they are capable of. Well depends if they deal Perkins and whatever you get in exchange is a positive so there is that.

#14 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,468 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 11:31 AM

Lamb has some serious game.  Doubt they trade him for Afflalo.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

• 40,548 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 02:43 PM

^ I think Afflalo is better and more accomplished RIGHT NOW, but higher ceiling, future, & potentially, obviously that would go to Lamb. Still no guarantee he'll fulfill as much of his potential or close, but he has been making strides & showing flashes here & there.

yo.

#16 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,020 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted February 14, 2014 - 02:57 PM

Perkins will likely be moved if the Thunder are preparing to take down Miami. If they want any chance against Indiana, they'll keep him.

• 40,548 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 03:02 PM

I wish they would start Adams over Perkins already, but I think a lot of the reasoning of why they don't is due out of loyalty & team chemistry. Perkins likely wouldn't take it really well and as often ineffective as he usually is, he is still a big part of their team comradery & chemistry.

yo.

#18 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,937 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 05:01 PM

Perkins will likely be moved if the Thunder are preparing to take down Miami. If they want any chance against Indiana, they'll keep him.

Yea he serves a purpose against IND, but against MIA he will be on the bench for most of the game. I think it comes down to what they can get for him. No more than a big body to guard someone down low.

Lamb has some serious game.  Doubt they trade him for Afflalo.

I think he has a shot for 6th man of the year next year if they hold on to him and he continues to develop like he can.

#19 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,468 posts

Posted February 14, 2014 - 07:53 PM

So they should just keep him.  Perk isn't very good but he's useful against a big frontcourt.  Brooks should just elect not to play him much against Miami and play him against Indy depending on the matchup.  Problem solved.

#20 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,020 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted February 14, 2014 - 07:57 PM

They'll need Perk against Portland, Clippers, and Rockets for sure.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users