• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 offtheheezy

offtheheezy

Off The Bench

• 2,592 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fish

Posted November 06, 2008 - 04:21 PM

I have to admit, Camby getting his 2nd foul in the 1st quarter was just a BS call by the ref.

I'm a die-hard Laker fan, and will continue to be, but i have been watching some of the clippers as well.

I don't know much about Kaman, but he looks kind of stupid in there, seriously, i had some respect for that guy because of how he did in the sim league :) but in real life i was like WTF is wrong with that guy.

Davis after the game interview shows that hes just down and tired or something, he was like emo during the interview. (or maybe it was just that they lost the game.)

I dunno though, Clippers...have really been known as the guys who lost games..

lol no offense though.

i still like davis ;) :clap: :clap:

Posted Image

When he's asked why Kobe doesn't tweet, @thugraider37 said he offers this reply: "Does God tweet?"

#22 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

TLN's Official Clipper Fan

• 785 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson!

Posted November 06, 2008 - 04:30 PM

The losing team always tries at the buzzer. If the winning team does it, it's disrespect because they've already won the game.

I respect all your opinions as I said. The only thing I have against it is the fact that you guys are also looking at the very optimistic side (for your Lakers) about last night's game.

The Lakers only playing for the last 6 minutes of the game, against a horribly foul plagued team you just beat by 38 is something to worry about, not in terms of team composure but in terms of the other team's improvement. Imagine if this game happened again, only with Camby not picking up his 2nd foul in the first 2 minutes. Without Baron's hip injury, and without Kaman being in foul trouble either. It MIGHT have been a totally different game.

The way you've been saying it is that Lakers played bad against a FULL POWER head on Clippers team. When fact is they didn't- They played bad, against a foul plagued, injury plagued Clipper team. Which isn't an excuse on my part, it was Camby's and Kaman's mistake for being in foul trouble and they know better. Also to the Lakers' credit that they drew fouls as much as they did.

If you guys want to see what I mean, I advise you to try to watch tomorrow night's game against Houston. Not only will you see a preview of the team you'll play on Sunday but hopefully you'll see my argument. I'm sure Clips will make their adjustments and stay out of foul trouble, and come out of this one with their 1st win. Time to step it up.

Edited by TheCalmInsanity, November 06, 2008 - 04:32 PM.

I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#23 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,285 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted November 06, 2008 - 04:40 PM

The Clippers in the state they're in will not beat Houston for their first win. The Rockets are coming off a terrible shooting performance (and bloated from the 3 arc too) in a game they should have won. They're at full health, the Clippers aren't and the Rockets play defense.

Houston 102
Clippers 90

You're right I do like giving you a hard time Calm Insanity. :)

Yeah I do totally appreciate your optimistic viewpoint. however, optimism despite reality can be dangerous.

#24 ak24

ak24

Rookie

• 633 posts

Posted November 06, 2008 - 04:41 PM

The losing team always tries at the buzzer. If the winning team does it, it's disrespect because they've already won the game.

I respect all your opinions as I said. The only thing I have against it is the fact that you guys are also looking at the very optimistic side (for your Lakers) about last night's game.

The Lakers only playing for the last 6 minutes of the game, against a horribly foul plagued team you just beat by 38 is something to worry about, not in terms of team composure but in terms of the other team's improvement. Imagine if this game happened again, only with Camby not picking up his 2nd foul in the first 2 minutes. Without Baron's hip injury, and without Kaman being in foul trouble either. It MIGHT have been a totally different game.

The way you've been saying it is that Lakers played bad against a FULL POWER head on Clippers team. When fact is they didn't- They played bad, against a foul plagued, injury plagued Clipper team. Which isn't an excuse on my part, it was Camby's and Kaman's mistake for being in foul trouble and they know better. Also to the Lakers' credit that they drew fouls as much as they did.

If you guys want to see what I mean, I advise you to try to watch tomorrow night's game against Houston. Not only will you see a preview of the team you'll play on Sunday but hopefully you'll see my argument. I'm sure Clips will make their adjustments and stay out of foul trouble, and come out of this one with their 1st win. Time to step it up.

:lol: first win haha ya right.

#25 ak24

ak24

Rookie

• 633 posts

Posted November 06, 2008 - 04:42 PM

Why are these clipper fans raiding TLN!?

#26 fido

fido

• 11,285 posts

Posted November 06, 2008 - 04:43 PM

Isnanity's been here for a while.

He's not invading, he has some good points and knows his Clippers well. I think we should all welcome other viewpoints from around the league. It gives us a better appreciation of the Lakers and of the game in general.

Calm insanity has the right to be here just like you and me.

#27 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted November 06, 2008 - 04:46 PM

Thanks Fido. I guess we'll see, but you said Rockets need a win after a bad game? Here's my argument.

Who in the whole NBA needs a win more than the Los Angeles Clippers? Lol. Other than that, if I kept up with the Lakers for 43 minutes then blew every trace of evidence that I did (by losing by 18 in the end) I would be very mad and make SURE the next game is a win to cover it up, wouldn't you?
I'm a DIE HARD Clippers fan, and proud. I respect the Lakers and watch them every chance I get.

Respect me and I'll respect you. Don't respect me... we'll cross that bridge when we get there :)

#28 phifedogg76

phifedogg76

I left my wallet in El Segundo's practice facility

• 1,838 posts
  • Name:Joe $
  • Fan Since:1980
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Shaq and Kobe

Posted November 06, 2008 - 06:10 PM

Why are these clipper fans raiding TLN!?

"These Clipper Fans"??? How many of them are there, he's a good guy and doesn't talk crap about the Lakeshow, he has a good viewpoint in the NBA TALK , it's not like he's going in to LAKERS TALK and doing it
Posted Image

Go Lakeshow!!!

#29 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted November 06, 2008 - 10:16 PM

Thanks phife.

To those of you who don't know, I've always been a fan of both the Lakers and the Clippers, but Clippers have just been the team in my heart. I can always watch and respect the Lakers- and rarely miss a game- but nothing for me beats the feeling of there being a Clipper game at night.

Just like how you guys are getting tortured with this week from hell, your Laker games being seperated by like 4 or 5 days each, I am tortured every night that there is no Clipper game. And before you ask, I'm not a fan of the Clippers because of wins and losses. I'm a fan just because I grew up watching the team, and all my friends were Laker fans... I just thought I wanted to be the underdog. I didn't want to follow in everyone's footsteps, I wanted to make a path for myself.

#30 lakerball4life

lakerball4life

Off The Bench

• 1,700 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Machine

Posted November 06, 2008 - 10:58 PM

Isnanity's been here for a while.

He's not invading, he has some good points and knows his Clippers well. I think we should all welcome other viewpoints from around the league. It gives us a better appreciation of the Lakers and of the game in general.

Calm insanity has the right to be here just like you and me.

+1
Posted Image

#31 ファイナルファンタジ

ファイナルファンタジ

Pump Up The Fruit

• 12,134 posts
  • Name:Jerry
  • Fan Since:Forever
  • Fav. Laker:コービーブライアント

Posted November 07, 2008 - 03:22 PM

Nice article. The Clippers do have a lot of upside to them and I believe they can do pretty well they just need some more time to gel together. They're already developing good chemistry between the players.

Posted Image
Team Farmar
United we stand. Divided we fall.

#32 L.A.K.E.R

L.A.K.E.R

Gomu Gomu

• 14,819 posts
  • Name:Shamim
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted November 08, 2008 - 11:03 AM

Are they now the best 0-6 team in the NBA?

#33 fido

fido

• 11,285 posts

Posted November 08, 2008 - 11:51 AM

That's the thing Insanity.

There's just no time for a team in the West to work out the kinks when things start falling like they are for the Clippers. They have the Mavericks next now. Another team who is more than likely upset at losing in Denver (in what was a terrible game by the way) and will be llooking to redeem their selves against the Clippers. If Thomas is out for any length of time, it now makes another adjustment the Clippers have to make.

As it stand now the Clippers need to have a sizable first half lead in order to just keep pace. The problem is they don't know how to play together (due to there being too many ragged pieces on the team) in order to get that lead. They can't play 2nd half ball, although last night was better for them, and in the NBA that's deadly.

Successful teams are 2nd half teams, the Clippers aren't a 2nd half team.

Earlier you brought up how the Mavericks had an awful start recently but righted the ship. The only problem with that comparison is that the Mavericks (at that time) weren't trying to integrate 9 new players into a system that doesn't complement their style of play. The Mavs just had to wake up, which they did. The Clippers not only have to wake up, they have to find the front door to get outside going as well.

I said it before and I'll say it here again. When Brand left, the Clippers just went on a binge of signing and nabbing players that smacked of a team trying desperately to show everyone that they can make up for the loss of someone as good as Elton. The bad news for Clipper fans is that no matter how many recognizable names they sign,. it won't be enough to make up for the loss of Brand.

I don't wish ill will on them, but the Clippers are in for a rough season.

#34 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 08, 2008 - 04:55 PM

They lost again, and that was against the Rockets while T-mac was missing in action, and Yao is playing horrible...

0-6 start is ok, if you are in the EAST.

Edited by Kwame is in my closet, November 08, 2008 - 07:20 PM.

"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

#35 Flash

Flash

Junior

• 283 posts

Posted November 08, 2008 - 07:39 PM

"Do I expect us to go 0-7? No."

#36 popo

popo

Nawab

• 15,221 posts
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Farmar/Divac

Posted November 08, 2008 - 08:52 PM

The 2 guys they need to get rid of are Tim Thomas and Cuttino Mobley both guys are ballhogs.
Team Farmar

Team Pau

Team Ron Ron

#37 lakerball4life

lakerball4life

Off The Bench

• 1,700 posts
  • Fav. Laker:The Machine

Posted November 08, 2008 - 11:03 PM

Are they now the best 0-6 team in the NBA?

indeed they are, because they are the ONLY 0-6 team in the NBA. At least until washington plays...

But if you wanna get technical the clippers will be making an effort to be the only 0-8 team when washington trys for the big number 7.

The race is on.
Posted Image

#38 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted November 09, 2008 - 01:17 AM

Naw guys...

They have the chemistry now.. The only reason they can't close out games is because of conditioning. Straight from Dunleavy's mouth, straight from the players' mouth. That's due to missing preseason and the first few games of the season. As a Clipper fan the chemistry now looks awesome compared to the beginning of the season. Remember this is only the first 6 games, 76 games left. I know you guys think the West is all great and almighty but only time can show if they're gona repeat that. I honestly don't think the West is going to be even close to as dominant as last year. ~45 wins should lock up a playoff spot this year, considering that Lakers are going to win more than last year, and some of the West teams are going to lose a few extra games to the newly improved Eastern teams.

Chemistry doesn't happen overnight, and Fido as much as I can tell you want the Clippers to go down, they WILL wake up, I've seen considerable improvement in every game. As for last night, Clippers just got outplayed. The Rockets did have T-Mac in the beginning, but their role players really stepped up. Clippers were missing open shots and stopped pushing the ball after halftime. Dunleavy started to push the players harder for conditioning during the practice. I have not even a bit of worry for the Red and Blue. For those of you Laker fans who like slamming the Clippers and trash talking about them, the first 6 games is not a good time to do it, even if we're 0-6. Take it easy a bit guys.

P.S.- Keep in mind, 5/6 teams Clips have played so far are championship contenders. The teams you want to AVOID while trying to build chemistry. So I give the Clippers alot of props for keeping their heads up. My friend is close with almost all of them personally, and they're all saying that they're really happy, and can see alot of potential and talent in this team. They're all saying everyone has been getting it together lately, and will blow up one of these games.

Edited by TheCalmInsanity, November 09, 2008 - 01:21 AM.

#39 TheCalmInsanity

TheCalmInsanity

• 785 posts

Posted November 09, 2008 - 01:33 AM

The Clippers in the state they're in will not beat Houston for their first win. The Rockets are coming off a terrible shooting performance (and bloated from the 3 arc too) in a game they should have won. They're at full health, the Clippers aren't and the Rockets play defense.

Here's a thing I realized... At the end of the day, you can make excuses for why ANY team desperately needs a win that night. Sure Rockets really wanted a win after being defeated by the buzzer. But do you think ANY team right now needs a win more than the Clippers? They have lost all their games so far, and some of them in the final few minutes because of poor conditioning and substitutions. If anyone's gona be hungry for a win, it's the Clippers. So the same way we can make excuses for the other teams we can just as easily make them for the Clippers. I'm sure Baron doesn't like being 0-6.

But I totally agree with you on your other post, I think the one thing the Clippers are missing is having that eye of the tiger in the beginning of the game, and taking a big lead. They haven't been doing that- and are usually forced to play catch-up late during the game when they barely have any breath left because of poor conditioning.

They lost again, and that was against the Rockets while T-mac was missing in action, and Yao is playing horrible...

0-6 start is ok, if you are in the EAST.

Yao is playing horrible? Skinner blocked him twice, stole it from him 2 times, and stripped him 3 times. And that's JUST SKINNER. Kaman played him well, Camby is still getting integrated so he didn't play too many minutes. Yao just got outplayed by our bigs. Tim Thomas went out, and don't forget he's been averaging 19 points per game for us so far, actually he's been the ONLY consistent player on this team. Seeing him go down really hurt. T-Mac wasn't missing in action, he played but he was like 0-5. Clippers defense looks great right now. The only thing they have to work on is conditioning and running the offense. Offensively they look alot smoother now, but they just need to earn how to conserve their energy for the last quarter.

#40 insert coin here

insert coin here

I killed Kwame Brown.

• 1,759 posts
  • Fan Since:Forever.
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted November 09, 2008 - 02:24 AM

Yao is like playing like a rookie again, only worse... ask Rocket fans...

http://bbs.clutchfan...ad.php?t=157056
"Religion is the sigh of the oppressed creature, the heart of a heartless world, and the soul of soulless conditions. It is the opium of the people."
Karl Marx

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users