Photo

UPDATE: Floyd Mayweather Officially Fighting Marcos Maidana (Pg. 2); Letting Fans Decide Next Opponent On His Twitter

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Who would you rather see Mayweather fight? (6 member(s) have cast votes)

Amir Khan or Marcos Maidana?

1. Khan. (1 votes [16.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

2. Maidana. (5 votes [83.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 83.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

• 40,556 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 10:59 PM

Say what & feel how you will about Mayweather, but this is a pretty awesome move on his part imo.

So, who would you rather see him fight & why?

ebc6f47339340aaee5fba5a21fe45993_bigger. Floyd Mayweather         @FloydMayweather Follow

I'm going to let the fans vote. Tell me who I should fight next. Khan or Maidana? http://instagram.com.../p/j8N0QnR3Vp/

8:51 PM - 2 Feb 2014

Screen-Shot-2014-02-02-at-8.53.56-PM.png

Edited by    , February 26, 2014 - 04:45 PM.

yo.

#2 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 488 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted February 02, 2014 - 11:13 PM

No Pacman? I mean I know he's fighting bradley and the chances of Pacman winning is slim but I would still want to see that fight.

#3 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,110 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 02, 2014 - 11:24 PM

Bradley is shot after his fight two fights ago. 

Pacquiao should beat him easily just like Arum is hoping. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#4 lakersp4p

lakersp4p

Rookie

• 817 posts
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted February 02, 2014 - 11:40 PM

he doesn't wanna fight pac because he said he's been ko'd before

and not on his level

so there he goes and fights khan who's lost to a nobody named prescott by KO 1st round few years ago and ko'd by danny garcia recently

like back in 09

he didn't wanna fight pac cuz he said pac was "too small"
then he chose to fight marquez who at that time was 2 divisions lower than pacquiao due to pacquiao moving up in weight

now he lets his fans decide but u know who the fans want u to fight

but to answer his question

id rather have him face maidana only because khan has that glass chin and fight would be over whenever floyd wants to

#5 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,227 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 12:23 AM

Floyd would beat both easily.. But if those 2 are the choices def. Maidana. Don't want to see Amir glass chin Khan.. Khan is close to done. After being KO'd by Garcia then struggling against Julio Diaz.. no thanks. At least with Maidana you have that "punchers chance" factor. 

hR3rI.png

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,110 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 12:34 AM

he doesn't wanna fight pac because he said he's been ko'd before

and not on his level

so there he goes and fights khan who's lost to a nobody named prescott by KO 1st round few years ago and ko'd by danny garcia recently

like back in 09

he didn't wanna fight pac cuz he said pac was "too small"
then he chose to fight marquez who at that time was 2 divisions lower than pacquiao due to pacquiao moving up in weight

now he lets his fans decide but u know who the fans want u to fight

but to answer his question

id rather have him face maidana only because khan has that glass chin and fight would be over whenever floyd wants to

No self respecting fan would want him to face Pacquiao for Pacquiao's own health at this point. 

You can blame that one on Bob Arum.   

Doesn't really matter though as Mayweather when he beat Marquez they said Marquez was too small which is what they'd say about Pacquiao. 

Arum did the brilliant thing he always does with his fighters, he has them fight a bunch of no-names and people past their prime hoping they get big off of one big fight(Pacquiao's fight against ill-prepared Barrera) so that he can hype them as "the guy Mayweather won't fight" worked like a charm with Margarito(the Cotto fight) till Margarito got ktfo by Shane Mosley. 

Pacquiao didn't want to fight Mosley after that fight.. but Mayweather did.  Then Pacquiao fought him after Mayweather beat him easily.

Then who did Pacquiao fight next? Suspended Margarito.. another top rank fighter.  Then he fought Marquez in a fight everyone expected him to win cause Marquez was looking shot and Marquez had just signed with Top Rank and the fighter Marquez fought before that one took a dive to make it look like Marquez had a shot initially and he actually really did.

Marquez beat him and got robbed, so he fought Bradley next and lost controversial.  Bradley another top rank fighter. 

Then he fought Marquez against and got KTFO.  

In the mean time, Mayweather has beaten Mosley(coming off of the knock out of Margarito), Ortiz(coming off the upset over Berto) Cotto(at Cotto's weight non weight drained), Guerrero(who had just beaten Berto as well) and Alvarez whom everyone was touting as the most dangerous young fighter out there for him. 

Mayweather drew max box office numbers against all of those fighters while Pacquiao after getting starched didn't draw near as much against Brandon Rios WITH HBO's backing.   

The draw on Pacquiao vs Mayweather is pretty much gone and Floyd is the one who keeps fighting top level fighters and winning. 

The draw was done the night Marquez beat Pacquiao and got robbed and Pacquiao was talking about fighting Mayweather in the post interview and the crowd was booing him out of the ring.  

They knew by that point and getting knocked out by a counter right from Marquez only confirmed it.

Mayweather is at a point now where he can fight anyone while Pacquiao is still fighting the "whose left over" from Top Rank still playing the 'house money' option in case Pacquiao loses. 

Pacquiao will beat the shot Bradley easily and they will try to make a Mayweather fight out of it yet again. 

Maidana is coming off beating Broner so that's a marketable fight and easy to sell and Mayweather could do it as well. 

I can see Maidana's hype speech now "I beat the wanna be/student, now I can beat the teacher." 

If Pacquiao was smart he'd be trying to fight Danny Garcia.  But nope he's gonna fight house money in Bradley and Mayweather if he beats Maidana will likely be fighting Garcia next and get the money from that as well if Garcia wins his next fight. 

Edited by Majesty, February 03, 2014 - 12:38 AM.

#7 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,045 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted February 03, 2014 - 08:23 AM

I can't stand watching Khan box, only useful due to his height and arm length, which is fine to use. But anytime he tries to engage you're left expecting a blow to that glass chin and honestly in the last few years, he has gone from overrated to just meh which is fine by me.

Even though Khan already beat Maidana, I still prefer Maidana's KO ratio. Watching two cautious boxers go at is aggravating, although Kahn would be the bigger ticket sale and int he end that is all Mayweather cares about as long as he maintains his undefeated streak.

#8 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 03, 2014 - 08:25 AM

didnt he bet like 10-13mil on the Broncs

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#9 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,045 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 08:28 AM

didnt he bet like 10-13mil on the Broncs

ViwmL2S.jpg

Supposedly that is the online rumor.

#10 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,699 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 03, 2014 - 10:55 AM

What have you done for me? Why should I vote?
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#11 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,570 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted February 03, 2014 - 11:48 AM

Honestly, I don't see anyone being a good match for Floyd. One fight i'd be intrigued in would be a catch weight bout against Sergio Martinez. 

2hf753r.jpg

#12 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,045 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 01:34 PM

Honestly, I don't see anyone being a good match for Floyd. One fight i'd be intrigued in would be a catch weight bout against Sergio Martinez. 

Martinez's people have been pushing this for a quite some time too, I myself would like it but I don't see it happening.

#13 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 488 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted February 03, 2014 - 01:54 PM

Martinez's people have been pushing this for a quite some time too, I myself would like it but I don't see it happening.

I think that would be a great fight but isn't martinez too big compare to mayweather?

#14 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,045 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 01:58 PM

I think that would be a great fight but isn't martinez too big compare to mayweather?

His rep's have said they would drop Martinez to 147 if guaranteed a bout, or a catch for both at 154 which I believe Mayweather has fought at before.

Pac supposedly has said he'd fight Martinez at 147, but Martinez people want Mayweather just cause it would pay more.

Edited by Ven, February 03, 2014 - 02:02 PM.

#15 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,227 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 04:02 PM

Martinez would've been nice a couple years ago. Dude is on his way out imo. After getting hurt bad in the 12th round vs jr and then barely getting by Martin Murray after getting dropped idk. and then making the fight at a catchweight? at his age? that will be tough. 

I'd rather see someone like GGG at a catchweight, or Erislandy Lara. The latter would be a hard sell though (ppv wise, casuals won't know who the [expletive] he is  :laughing:)

btw the Official poll is here:

http://www.mayweathe...her-fight-next/

Voting ends Feb 9th. 

hR3rI.png

• 40,556 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 09:17 PM

They once said the same about Canelo and look what happened. Doesn't matter really.

yo.

#17 Marc Maron

Marc Maron

either/or

• 3,227 posts

Posted February 08, 2014 - 08:47 PM

How the [expletive] is Amir Khan winning.. what a joke. 

hR3rI.png

#18 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,045 posts

Posted February 08, 2014 - 10:22 PM

Casual people recognize his name far more than Maidana, if only they knew he has been irrelevant since 10-11 lol. Although I still do remember the Judah KO.

• 40,556 posts

Posted February 09, 2014 - 02:04 AM

Is it possible most of the "fans" voting are Mayweather fans and are clearly purposely choosing the by far easier opponent for him?

yo.

#20 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,110 posts

Posted February 09, 2014 - 11:25 PM

Khan beat Maidana so...easier because he has the weaker chin but let's be honest about Maidana's style.  It's the easiest one Floyd would ever face, wild swinging brute bully style.  So Maidana wouldn't be the tougher fight, both are easy for different reasons for imagination. 

It'd be nice to see that Sergio Martinez fight but even then Sergio doesn't look much like Sergio much anymore as age is finally getting him.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users