#1 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,520 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 02, 2014 - 01:08 PM

Really not surprised knowing their team management and current coaching staff.  However, I'm amazed Deng is so verbal already.

“the stuff going on in practice would never be tolerated by the coaching staff or the front office back in Chicago. It’s a mess.”

http://probasketball...liers/#comments

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#2 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,098 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 01:14 PM

Why is this not breaking news on ESPN?

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#3 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,645 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 02, 2014 - 01:48 PM

Why is this not breaking news on ESPN?

Cause Deng is harder to make a villain out of than Bynum.    

This is the 3rd time a player has spoken out.  

Edited by Majesty, February 02, 2014 - 01:48 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#4 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 36,645 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 02, 2014 - 02:33 PM

Deng was brought in to help clean it up when he arrived in a deal for Andrew Bynum on Jan. 7. But since then, he’s seen players get thrown out of practice, take off their uniform tops at halftime and threaten not to play, mouth off to Brown and generally act like spoiled brats. …

There is no accountability, as Dion Waiters found out when he was kicked out of practice last week but still got his usual minutes against the Knicks.

The coach doesn't run the team nor does management, Kyrie Irving does. And the Cavs will continue to let him.

Kyrie can get Mike Brown fired and teammates frozen out and buried in the media, and even if Kyrie didn't do a thing management would rush to do it instead, to protect Kyrie and prove they have his best interests in mind so that they can convince him to stay -_- 

Cavs don't know how to run an organization, when they get a star they spoil him down to no accountability whatsoever.  

This is the problem.  Two people have spoken about it, one was subsequently sent home by the team, cut by the team, and now plays for the Championship contending Pacers, while the guy that was sent away from the Bulls now instantly wants out no more than a few weeks in  :laughing:      

So who got the raw end of the stick here?   Whoever gets stuck in Cleveland and doesn't speak up. That's who. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,395 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 03:06 PM

This is awesome. Maybe Adam Silver should make his first major move, step in and take this team away from the ownership of Dan Gilbert ala when the NBA owned the then New Orleans Hornets. He can justify his reasoning with "basketball reasons" too.

yo.

#6 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 462 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted February 02, 2014 - 11:19 PM

This is awesome. Maybe Adam Silver should make his first major move, step in and take this team away from the ownership of Dan Gilbert ala when the NBA owned the then New Orleans Hornets. He can justify his reasoning with "basketball reasons" too.

And watch him deny us from getting Kyrie Irving. Lol.

Kyrie and Love would be good pick up though.

#7 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 16,605 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 02, 2014 - 11:23 PM

Im not sure even a 90 mill 4 year contract would get deng to stay. I never understood why the cavs hired a guy they fired. 

#8 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,847 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted February 03, 2014 - 02:15 AM

It's not the Cavaliers, it's the coach they hired.

#9 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,450 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 03, 2014 - 04:43 AM

It really is crazy how much of a mess this is for Cleveland. When they drafted Kyrie Irving many people thought the Cavs would bounce back from The Decision. But Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson and Anthony Bennet really have been a disaster and even Kyrie looks like he was a bit overrated.

Mike Brown showed the world that he was a horrid coach in LA and Dan Gilbert is a douche bag. Ever since that letter to David Stern that ultimately ended in the CP3-deal being nixed, i root against the Cavs almost as much as i root against the Heat, Celtics and Clippers.

#10 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,624 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted February 03, 2014 - 06:01 AM

Don't think its fair to call a 21 yr old overrated but I do think the sports world is expecting way too much out of a young guy on a team that has so many redundancies.  Kyrie, Waiters and Jack are all essentially the same player on different talent levels.

It really is crazy how much of a mess this is for Cleveland. When they drafted Kyrie Irving many people thought the Cavs would bounce back from The Decision. But Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson and Anthony Bennet really have been a disaster and even Kyrie looks like he was a bit overrated.

Mike Brown showed the world that he was a horrid coach in LA and Dan Gilbert is a douche bag. Ever since that letter to David Stern that ultimately ended in the CP3-deal being nixed, i root against the Cavs almost as much as i root against the Heat, Celtics and Clippers.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#11 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 2,993 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted February 03, 2014 - 06:48 AM

Don't think its fair to call a 21 yr old overrated but I do think the sports world is expecting way too much out of a young guy on a team that has so many redundancies.  Kyrie, Waiters and Jack are all essentially the same player on different talent levels.

I know where you're coming from but a lot of the criticism as of late is well placed regarding his play style and widely reported attitude issues in Cleveland. Even as an offensive PG, he will engage a 5 v. 1 when clearly outmatched, you look at Cavs forum and even the loyalists can't stand of how he will overlook Waiters or another open player. Now whether you can argue he has terrible offensive teammates, those are the plays he should at least be attempting.

#12 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,450 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 11:49 PM

Perhaps you're right. He may yet develop into an elite PG.

I just think he's been hyped a bit too much and he really haven't improved since his rookie season. In october last year ESPN made their player rankings and he was ranked 8th. 8th!!! Ahead of Rose, Love, Aldridge, Paul George, Wall, Wade, Kobe etc. That crazy.

Cleveland needs to smarten up a bit. Get rid of all their rotten apples, including Mike Brown, and basically start from scratch with the guys they think will be able to contribute going forward, which basically is Kyrie, Deng and Varejao. And they need to fire whoever does their scouting. That should actually be their first priority. 

• 40,395 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 12:01 AM

Cleveland needs to smarten up a bit. Get rid of all their rotten apples, including Mike Brown

But they just gave him 5 years and Dan Gilbert said upon re-hiring him that firing him initially was the greatest mistake he's ever made. Do you think he's just gonna' be humble enough to admit he screwed up yet again even upon making such a statement?

yo.

#14 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,450 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 12:06 AM

But they just gave him 5 years and Dan Gilbert said upon re-hiring him that firing him initially was the greatest mistake he's ever made. Do you think he's just gonna' be humble enough to admit he screwed up yet again even upon making such a statement?

Nope, i dont. Which is why they're a mess. I think they'll miss the playoffs, i think they'll lose Deng in free agency, i dont think Waiters, Thompson or Bennett will ever be any good. Rotation players at best. And i think Kyrie Irving will ultimately end up leaving, like Lebron did.

I think a lot of owners would benefit from putting their egos aside, admit when they're wrong and act accordingly. Jim Buss, are you listening?

#15 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,846 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 04, 2014 - 10:55 AM

Nope, i dont. Which is why they're a mess. I think they'll miss the playoffs, i think they'll lose Deng in free agency, i dont think Waiters, Thompson or Bennett will ever be any good. Rotation players at best. And i think Kyrie Irving will ultimately end up leaving, like Lebron did.

I think a lot of owners would benefit from putting their egos aside, admit when they're wrong and act accordingly. Jim Buss, are you listening?

So if all owners acted the same, they would be successful?
Jim Buss would be if he did what? Hired Shaw? Or Phil?
Lakers would be better than OKC?

#16 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,065 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted February 04, 2014 - 12:46 PM

We can relate to their pain

Pau Gasol is GONE

#17 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,578 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 04, 2014 - 12:52 PM

somewhere on a forum for another team, there is a thread - "the lakers are a mess"

Posted Image

#18 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,455 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 04, 2014 - 01:37 PM

somewhere on a forum for another team, there is a thread - "the lakers are a mess"

And it would be a 100% true lol

#19 KobeBeef24

KobeBeef24

O' Canada!

• 1,246 posts
  • Fan Since:2007
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, MWP, Swaggy P, LO, Pau

Posted February 04, 2014 - 02:30 PM

#greatness #coachoftheyear #hashtag

medium_brownredss.jpg coy_bc_dantoni.jpg

Edited by KobeBeef24, February 04, 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#20 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,846 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted February 04, 2014 - 03:30 PM

Lakers aren't a mess.

The Lakers are injured and rebuilding.

Cavs have Luol Deng and kyrie Irving in their primes(thus far), in a WEAK conference.

NO way are we anywhere close to the Cavs. That just lets me know, that you guys think everything that lead to this means NOTHING.

The titles in which Kobe, Pau and Drew sacrificed the best of their bodies....The money spent by the organization etc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users