Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,506 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 01, 2014 - 10:47 PM

832585500.gif ???

Considering Dwight won the dunk contest with a similar dunk with no one there, that is a pretty impressive dunk.

And just like the dunk contest no one was jumping with him. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#22 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,538 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 01, 2014 - 11:53 PM

All good points, especially the part where he threw it in but since it counted in the dunk contest I think we should give it the benefit of the doubt of being a dunk lol.

The thing I think is more impressive about blakes is he dunk through contact and over the guy. What I mean is when he goes up Kris is below him when he comes down Kris is still right there. In Ross's dunk Faried went flying by like a bird and wasn't really any contact. At the end of the play Faried is a few feet away from the rim and out of the play. Kris was in the right position to block the dunk, but just got dunked on. Faried on the other hand jumped over out of position, creating no real contact (a foul wasn't called is what I mean by this) and sorta flew by ross without really disrupting the dunk.

Both good dunks, I just dont think Ross's is as crazy as some of you for the simple fact faried set him self for failure by having a bad angle and not being in the right position to make a play, which imo makes the dunk a little less challenging for Ross.

He may not have been in the right position but he played a hell of a lot better defense on the dunk than Kris did.

#23 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,878 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 02, 2014 - 09:21 AM

Did he not dunk over him? Like legit jumped and elevated over him and dunked? Idk maybe it is the hate this board has for blake griffin, but if anyone else did it I am sure it would get more props.

He may not have been in the right position but he played a hell of a lot better defense on the dunk than Kris did.

He flew by Ross's left side when he went up with his right hand. How are you suppose to block a dunk when you are flying away from the hand that is dunking the ball? In the dunk over Kris, Kris was going for a charge then one he realized he was going to be posterized he went for the hard foul and still ended up getting posterized. One was an and one dunk over a foul, while the other was a nice tomahawk over a defender jumping away from the rim with no contact. I don't see how either can be touted as good defense. I just find the act of jumping straight up over a defender and fighting through the contact to complete the dunk more impressive than a nice tomahawk where the defender really caused no change in the dunk at all for his defense.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, February 02, 2014 - 09:25 AM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#24 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,300 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 02, 2014 - 09:38 AM

Great dunk by Ross, but Faried did do a bit of a fly by, so that does take a little hype out of the dunk for me.

#25 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,538 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 02, 2014 - 09:47 AM

Did he not dunk over him? Like legit jumped and elevated over him and dunked? Idk maybe it is the hate this board has for blake griffin, but if anyone else did it I am sure it would get more props.

He flew by Ross's left side when he went up with his right hand. How are you suppose to block a dunk when you are flying away from the hand that is dunking the ball? In the dunk over Kris, Kris was going for a charge then one he realized he was going to be posterized he went for the hard foul and still ended up getting posterized. One was an and one dunk over a foul, while the other was a nice tomahawk over a defender jumping away from the rim with no contact. I don't see how either can be touted as good defense. I just find the act of jumping straight up over a defender and fighting through the contact to complete the dunk more impressive than a nice tomahawk where the defender really caused no change in the dunk at all for his defense.

2hpljic.jpgThat is great defense on a dunk

#26 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,720 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted February 03, 2014 - 02:33 PM

Paul George 360 windmill dunk is best for this year imo

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#27 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,987 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 08:49 PM

Lol what?? I was literally laughing in the corner of my house by myself watching Kris Humphries reaction to Blake Griffin dunking on him. He wanted nothing to do with it, he was really trying to pull him down, but it was too late. I'm still laughing at it.

#28 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,506 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 04, 2014 - 09:00 PM

2hpljic.jpgThat is great defense on a dunk

Yep it is. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

0 user(s) are reading this topic