#41 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,459 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 05, 2014 - 09:46 PM

We have no means of getting him anyway. 

If we miss out on Kyrie and he ends up on the Knicks I'm gonna be pretty annoyed.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#42 bigfetz

bigfetz

Laker Fan

• 17,840 posts
  • Fan Since:2005

Posted February 05, 2014 - 11:09 PM

We would have to trade a lot more than our pick to get him. Chances are Cleveland will just let his contract run its course and he will go FA. They will have some dumb idea that he will resign. 

#43 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,251 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted February 05, 2014 - 11:18 PM

We would have to trade a lot more than our pick to get him. Chances are Cleveland will just let his contract run its course and he will go FA. They will have some dumb idea that he will resign.

Well he'll be restricted so unless he takes a one year deal when his rookie contract is up, I think he'll be there for a while unless they trade him.

• 40,548 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 01:42 AM

http://sports.espn.g...ameId=400489598

All-Star point guard Kyrie Irving was taken out with 7:32 remaining in the third quarter and finished with 11 points as the Cavaliers lost their sixth consecutive game, tying their longest losing streak of the season.

Anderson Varejao was the only starter to play in the fourth quarter as Miles, Anthony Bennett, Matthew Dellavedova and Dion Waiters got the Cavaliers back in the game.

"They definitely deserved to be on the floor," Irving said. "That second group did a heck of a job. You have to give a whole bunch of credit to them. If I were the coach, I would have played that second group as long as he did."

"Maybe we can learn something from what that group did on the floor," Cleveland coach Mike Brown said. "They played the right way."

FULL ARTICLE inside link.

yo.

#45 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,975 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 06, 2014 - 01:49 AM

I'm guessing when Mike Brown says "we" he means a word that rhymes with 'we' and sounds like 'Kyrie'. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,548 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 01:57 AM

^ Yep.

yo.

#47 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,018 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted February 06, 2014 - 02:27 AM

Mike Brown and Kyrie have this ongoing feud and it's gonna end up ugly for both of them.

Kyrie is only 21, and he acts like it. "Im on a bad team so I'm gonna chill until I can leave"

MB benching Kyrie won't change anything in this situation. Kyrie doesn't really want to win a few games on a losing team. Hell, I'm not sure he really wants to play at all anymore. The Cavs won't trade him though, they're still in denial of LeBrons departure. Dan Gilbert is still trying to figure out why Bron left.

#48 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,975 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 02:33 AM

Mike Brown and Kyrie have this ongoing feud and it's gonna end up ugly for both of them.

Kyrie is only 21, and he acts like it. "Im on a bad team so I'm gonna chill until I can leave"

MB benching Kyrie won't change anything in this situation. Kyrie doesn't really want to win a few games on a losing team. Hell, I'm not sure he really wants to play at all anymore. The Cavs won't trade him though, they're still in denial of LeBrons departure. Dan Gilbert is still trying to figure out why Bron left.

For the same reasons Kyrie is going to leave. 

I wonder what font Dan Gilbert will use when he does. 

• 40,548 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 03:22 AM

This has got to be some of the most straight up bull[expletive] I've ever heard. Talk about being pc & trying to protect his image to the media. If you only watched this interview and knew nothing else, you would think Mike Brown was practically Kyrie's own loving Father and the Cavs were a happy go great chemistry bunch.

yo.

#50 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,975 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 03:54 AM

What Kyrie needs to do is to play so great and be the point guard so great that we can look at the Cavs and say they are losing because he has no help and is doing everything he can but doesn't have enough.

But they do have enough and Kyrie isn't helping them elevate their game, he needs to learn this. He's a point guard, he needs to play like one.   Watch what CP3 did with the hornets. 

#51 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,459 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted February 06, 2014 - 06:42 AM

Ehh never been on the Kyrie hypetrain.  He is very talented but so are other guys.  Nothing really special about him IMO. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#52 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,726 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 06, 2014 - 08:20 AM

yeah but Kobe came out there trying to win every game.  Never once did he check out or try to outperform the team like he was so above being there. 

Kobe no matter how he feels about a coach or a system will do everything in his power to win and under Mike Brown he was one of the hardest working players out there.

Kyrie on the other hand is pouty and just trying to prove he's better than the Cavs while not trying to lead them anywhere and got rightfully benched. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the locker room applauded Brown cause they finally got to playing and trying once their checked out leader was gone.

Kyrie is really starting to look like another Dwight.  But without the leading his team to the finals and even Dwight "tried" before the back injury. 

1. We had a contending roster. Kobe, Nash, Dwight....Cavs have nothing close to that.

2. Kyrie is a young. He can always mature....give him a good coach and he will, not some trash like MB. Why hire a guy that you just fired? lol

#53 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 725 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 06, 2014 - 01:07 PM

What Kyrie needs to do is to play so great and be the point guard so great that we can look at the Cavs and say they are losing because he has no help and is doing everything he can but doesn't have enough.

But they do have enough and Kyrie isn't helping them elevate their game, he needs to learn this. He's a point guard, he needs to play like one. Watch what CP3 did with the hornets.

He doesn't really have any help, besides maybe Deng now.

So you're comparing Kyrie to the best PG in basketball(for a while now)?

Give me Kyrie all day.

#54 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,975 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 01:24 PM

He doesn't really have any help, besides maybe Deng now.

So you're comparing Kyrie to the best PG in basketball(for a while now)?

Give me Kyrie all day.

When you're the POINT GUARD it is your job to help all those guys around you get better shots, it's your job to make that team better and it's your job to set the tempo.

Kyrie disengages himself from the game completely, it has nothing to do with the help around him.   He ignores when guys are on streaks and goes 1 on 5 when there are guys wide open, will shoot the ball 20 times and make 6 of them and plays "I'm better than this" basketball. 

Kyrie isn't helping matters NOR is he leading the team in any way shape or form.  That is the problem, not his supporting case.  it starts with him, and if he really doesn't care or is gonna play passive like he really doesn't give a darn why should his teammates?    It's no coincidence that they played better after brown Benched him.   

Kyrie let himself get outplayed by Farmar for 20 points in the first half, that has nothing to do with his supporting cast. 

#55 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,726 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 03:35 PM

When you're the POINT GUARD it is your job to help all those guys around you get better shots, it's your job to make that team better and it's your job to set the tempo.

Kyrie disengages himself from the game completely, it has nothing to do with the help around him.   He ignores when guys are on streaks and goes 1 on 5 when there are guys wide open, will shoot the ball 20 times and make 6 of them and plays "I'm better than this" basketball. 

Kyrie isn't helping matters NOR is he leading the team in any way shape or form.  That is the problem, not his supporting case.  it starts with him, and if he really doesn't care or is gonna play passive like he really doesn't give a darn why should his teammates?    It's no coincidence that they played better after brown Benched him.   

Kyrie let himself get outplayed by Farmar for 20 points in the first half, that has nothing to do with his supporting cast. 

Sounds like a young Kobe at times.....

Give him a good coach and good place to grow. aka bring him to LA (get a new coach here)

Edited by LakeShow805, February 06, 2014 - 04:14 PM.

#56 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,975 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 03:55 PM

Sounds like a young Kobe at times.....

Kobe tried to win regardless of how he felt and gave 500% effort at all times.   Can't say the same about Kyrie. 

#57 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,726 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 04:16 PM

Kobe tried to win regardless of how he felt and gave 500% effort at all times.   Can't say the same about Kyrie. 

He also played with Shaq on a playoff team so.....yea.

#58 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,975 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 05:07 PM

He also failed with that team for 3 years and only kept improving as a player. And then after winning still wasn't satisfied and played through dark times pushing himself to the brink to get his team to the playoffs. Kyrie doesn't seem to have that discipline or leadership in him.

#59 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,726 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 08:17 PM

He also failed with that team for 3 years and only kept improving as a player. And then after winning still wasn't satisfied and played through dark times pushing himself to the brink to get his team to the playoffs. Kyrie doesn't seem to have that discipline or leadership in him.

Also had Jerry Buss as his owner and not one of the worst bball owner, Dan Gilbert. Those dark times was when Kobe was older and matured more.

Bring him here (with a new coach, not MDA here) and he will mature and adjust.

Edited by LakeShow805, February 06, 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#60 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,044 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted February 06, 2014 - 08:22 PM

In all honesty Irving could literally act out and be just completely detrimental to this team in more ways than now and it wouldn't affect him in any way really as far as interest or getting paid. Plenty of NBA teams will want him, which is unfortunate because he knows this and most likely enables him to act like in this manner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users