#1 b.diddy2417

b.diddy2417

Rookie

• 321 posts
  • Name:Brian
  • Fan Since:since i was 5
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 30, 2014 - 11:09 AM

"Kyrie Irving has been telling people privately he wants out," wrote Chad Ford.

Irving becomes eligible for a contract extension this offseason and will presumably receive a max offer from the Cavaliers. Irving could become a restricted free agent in the 2015 offseason meaning he could not leave outright until 2016.

Looks like somebody else is leaving the Cavs

Edited by West Coast, January 30, 2014 - 12:02 PM.

#2 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,438 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 30, 2014 - 11:13 AM

Good. [expletive] Dan Gilbert.

#3 DTIII™

DTIII™

Inglewood's Finest.

• 3,301 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Swaggy P, J-Chill, K-Butta

Posted January 30, 2014 - 11:16 AM

in b4 someone says he should come here.

EyMlHkX.jpg

#4 lakers1o1

lakers1o1

Off The Bench

• 2,553 posts
  • Name:The Black Mamba Will Rise
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 30, 2014 - 11:42 AM

Wouldn't mind this duo at all moving forward.

kb24_zpscc8c9e5b.jpg

#5 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 30, 2014 - 12:06 PM

Now let me ask you guys, if the Lakers do not secure a top 5 pick, would anyone be opposed to a draft night trade which sends the pick to Cleveland for Kyrie Irving? (We'd pick for Cleveland obviously)

The kid is 21 years old and has shown flashes of being a star in this league. Put him with Kobe for two years and develop him into the next franchise player who can handle the attention. He has the attitude that is needed to thrive in Los Angeles.

If it comes down to that, I think the Lakers need to do it. You get a young star that doesn't need to be re-signed until 2016, leaving you cap space to add two other quality players over the next two years.

#6 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,859 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 30, 2014 - 12:18 PM

Woah!!!!! I would be down!!!

2div

#7 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,045 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted January 30, 2014 - 12:28 PM

If we land outside of top 5 pick, then probably wouldn't be opposed to an Irving deal. Granted he does have some diva and ego issues which in a place like LA can be trouble but at the same time some player under bright lights thrive at best, ala Shaq who adored the spotlight.

But a Kobe/Kyrie duo seems kinda dysfunctional as far main ball handling, shot selection, defense, and frankly it worries me that the FO office with a young PG might want to still retain MDA in hopes of a Nash-esque offense which simply is impossible, Irivng isn't that kind of player. I'd still much rather some defensive/rebounding presence, even is not great but still something along the like of Love or Noah. But if Irving is just the first part of some changes coming then sure, granted only thing more than the Draft I will be keeping my eyes on this off season is the coaching situation.

Edited by Ven, January 30, 2014 - 12:29 PM.

#8 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 725 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 30, 2014 - 12:35 PM

Would Cleveland accept a not Top 5 pick for him?

#9 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,045 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted January 30, 2014 - 12:39 PM

Would Cleveland accept a not Top 5 pick for him?

It would have to a combination of Irving wanting to leave and designating LA, the pick itself, somehow working out the numbers at about 6 million I believe. It certainly is possible they will jump to it if they have learned anything from when Lebron left.

#10 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,332 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted January 30, 2014 - 12:45 PM

Who wants to be in Cleveland anyway?  Even Lebron doesn't want to be there and he still lives in Akron which are like only 30 minutes away or something.   

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#11 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,943 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 30, 2014 - 02:09 PM

Now let me ask you guys, if the Lakers do not secure a top 5 pick, would anyone be opposed to a draft night trade which sends the pick to Cleveland for Kyrie Irving? (We'd pick for Cleveland obviously)

The kid is 21 years old and has shown flashes of being a star in this league. Put him with Kobe for two years and develop him into the next franchise player who can handle the attention. He has the attitude that is needed to thrive in Los Angeles.

If it comes down to that, I think the Lakers need to do it. You get a young star that doesn't need to be re-signed until 2016, leaving you cap space to add two other quality players over the next two years.

If this is even possible I don't think anyone would say no. It might be a stretch since some are so big on the talent in this draft class, but I would even consider the deal with a top five pick. For me I would always take a proven player over someone who hasn't done anything in the league regardless of what some people think they might become. Some might not agree with that, but that is just how I look at it.

Edited by PhillyLaker24, January 30, 2014 - 02:10 PM.

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

• 40,556 posts

Posted January 30, 2014 - 02:15 PM

Not surprised. His uninspired play has made it pretty obvious. He's going through the motions for more portions of the game than I've ever seen from him.

yo.

#13 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,815 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted January 30, 2014 - 03:15 PM

If it's outside the top 3, absolutely.

If Kyrie were in the draft this year, I'm not sure he would go ahead of Wiggins, Embiid and even Parker.

If I had to pick between the 3:
1. Wiggins
2. Embiid
3. Irving
4. Parker

I would take Irving over Parker even though neither play a lick of defense. I'm factoring in that Irving is due for a big extension soon and that's obviously going to hurt us moving forward as opposed to a rookie contract that these 3 would be under for the next 3-4 years.

Top 2 pick, no. Top 3 pick, then wait to see who falls and if it's Parker, then I would move it for Irving.
iyjywo.jpg

#14 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,827 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted January 30, 2014 - 03:20 PM

Cavs like our trash.  Took Mike Brown and Luke.  MDA for Kyrie.  Done.

#15 bigvee

bigvee

Hall Of Fame

• 9,056 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Samaki Walker

Posted January 30, 2014 - 04:20 PM

Cavs will try everything to get a top 3 for Kyrie, as they should. No team will give up a top 3 this season though, and Kyrie and Kevin Love are destined to be Lakers together.

Only a matter of time.

#16 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,226 posts

Posted January 30, 2014 - 04:37 PM

Chad Ford is not reliable. I would wait for more proven sources. I wouldn't be surprised however. 

Kyrie has yet to prove himself. He has had a serious of injuries. He has major potential, and can be a star if he is surrounded by pieces (Love), but he has yet to stay healthy.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#17 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,404 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 30, 2014 - 04:56 PM

I would trade any pick past 3 to the Cavs for Kyrie...NO doubt

You end up with Kobe, Kyrie and possibly Melo ....sounds good

#18 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,594 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 30, 2014 - 05:50 PM

I would trade any pick past 3 to the Cavs for Kyrie...NO doubt

You end up with Kobe, Kyrie and possibly Melo ....sounds good

But what Kobe? Im less optimistic than when he returned from his achilles...as injury upon injury aint pretty.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (looks pretty good so far), 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of, Davis, nice upside!), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#19 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 40,170 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 30, 2014 - 05:56 PM

If it's outside the top 3, absolutely.

If Kyrie were in the draft this year, I'm not sure he would go ahead of Wiggins, Embiid and even Parker.

If I had to pick between the 3:
1. Wiggins
2. Embiid
3. Irving
4. Parker

I would take Irving over Parker even though neither play a lick of defense. I'm factoring in that Irving is due for a big extension soon and that's obviously going to hurt us moving forward as opposed to a rookie contract that these 3 would be under for the next 3-4 years.

Top 2 pick, no. Top 3 pick, then wait to see who falls and if it's Parker, then I would move it for Irving.

I'll take potentially developing Exum over Irving at this point honestly. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#20 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 30, 2014 - 06:13 PM

Woah if we get kyrie you can get melo and love  :cool2:

Kyrie

Kobe 

Melo

Love

------ (defensive anchor a must LOLOL)

(ps don't know if salary works out)

Edited by Ham, January 30, 2014 - 06:42 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users