Photo

Is Kyrie Irving The Most Overrated "Superstar" In The NBA?

• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#41 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,848 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 30, 2014 - 12:45 PM

Nobody here is sleeping in Kyrie.

I [expletive]in hope not!

2div

#42 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,535 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 30, 2014 - 05:03 PM

i don't think i'm sleeping, he's a good pg, i just don't see him becoming a superstar like a cp3. in that billups/tony parker category for me

Parker likely HOF

Billups i doubt though.

Different category imo though Billups hit some BIG shots and a nice career

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (looks pretty good so far), 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of, Davis, nice upside!), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#43 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted January 30, 2014 - 08:20 PM

billups was the leader, an all-star and a finals mvp though on one of the better teams in recent history

bw1wOGf.png

#44 martin90

martin90

Rookie

• 516 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 30, 2014 - 08:43 PM

harden is the most overrated star.

This:

Well he's on a horrible team with a horrible coach and horrible management. He hasn't been in the league too long either. That's not a great combination.

• 40,548 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 08:37 PM

Benched the whole 4th quarter by Brown for not trying. This photo (from today's earlier game) says a lot:

2qdd8q9.png

yo.

#46 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,561 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 08:59 PM

cavs are truly a mess

bw1wOGf.png

#47 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,922 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 05, 2014 - 09:12 PM

Benched the whole 4th quarter by Brown for not trying. This photo (from today's earlier game) says a lot:

2qdd8q9.png

And people say Brown doesn't have guts.

Kyrie was shooting 5-14 at the time too.

Edited by Majesty, February 05, 2014 - 09:13 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#48 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,721 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 05, 2014 - 09:29 PM

2qdd8q9.png

Death stare 2.0 coming up...

#49 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,044 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted February 05, 2014 - 09:38 PM

Not giving Brown an excuse for being a terrible coach and just mismanaging this young team but I do applaud him for literally enforcing his authority although considering he is most likely gone at the very latest during the off season he might as well go out like this.

End of the day, Irving has mishandled this from top to bottom and I get it is a terrible situation and he has every right to want to leave or even demand a trade behind close doors but this is just being poutty, wanting to seem bigger than the franchise or city considering their recent history, and as a PG himself it isn't like he has improved that team or his play, or even deserving of an all star (still don't see how Wall didn't get it).

#50 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,922 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 09:42 PM

Not giving Brown an excuse for being a terrible coach and just mismanaging this young team but I do applaud him for literally enforcing his authority although considering he is most likely gone at the very latest during the off season he might as well go out like this.

End of the day, Irving has mishandled this from top to bottom and I get it is a terrible situation and he has every right to want to leave or even demand a trade behind close doors but this is just being poutty, wanting to seem bigger than the franchise or city considering their recent history, and as a PG himself it isn't like he has improved that team or his play, or even deserving of an all star (still don't see how Wall didn't get it).

No.  Wall actually seems like he wants to lead his team somewhere. 

Kyrie on the other hand just seems intend on proving "I'm better than this place" 

#51 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,553 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted February 06, 2014 - 04:05 PM

You guys are sleeping on Kyrie that's for sure.

21 years old and will continue to get better. His attitude needs to get better but he's young. Some players just can't handle losing situations, it drains them mentally. Not saying it's right for Kyrie to half ass it but I'm not going to get on his case cause he wants out of Cleveland.

this

cavs are just terrible. no hes not a lebron. kyrie irving cannot be lebron james. he will not carry a team filled with idiots running it. you guys are giving a 21 year old such unfair treatment. its actually pretty sad. chris paul wasnt branded a superstar PG till he was 23.

kyrie has plenty of room and time to grow.

i can't believe how much lebron carried that sorry excuse for a franchise.

Edited by Ham, February 06, 2014 - 04:06 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#52 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,922 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 05:17 PM

Yes but it does say the mentality about someone as well to start halfing it and checking out.

As mentally weak as we say Dwight is he still took Orlando to the finals after many losing seasons and making himself a better player and becoming the leader.

Kyrie still has talent around him. Wild thing, waiters, thompson, jack off the bench, Deng. Int a weak eastern conference they shouldn't be 6 games from the 8th seed.

Kyrie is the point guard and the leader, if they don't make it, it's just as much on him half rearing it as it should be and he shouldn'escape the blame because of his talent.

Dark times like this can say a lot about character so what does him just giving up on trying to lead a team in the west conference?

Not to mention the stuff that goes down in pracce Deng talks about, is Kyrie showing up late or not giving effort there too?

On top of that he's freezing out his teammates by not giving up the darn ball when they are doing well and is bringing them down with him.

These are red flags, I don't care how old he is. We said the same thing about Cousins "he's (this age) there's time to improve". Still nothing. If Kyrie is showing signs like this it's a red flag. I don't sleep on his talent, but his demeanor and mentality worries me.

#53 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 725 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 09, 2014 - 01:44 AM

You just called Thompson and Waiters talent? Oh and Jack is garbage this year. Deng is the only decent player they have outside Varejao(who's quite limited offensively).

Dwight was and is the best center in the game. Oh and that Magic team was way better than this Cav team. You want Kyrie to lead this team of trash to the finals? :D

Edited by 8RingKobe, February 09, 2014 - 01:45 AM.

• 40,548 posts

Posted February 09, 2014 - 02:18 AM

You want Kyrie to lead this team of trash to the finals?

Nah, just to the playoffs (at least the 8th spot) in the D-league East.

yo.

#55 Majesty

Majesty

• 39,922 posts

Posted February 09, 2014 - 02:57 AM

You just called Thompson and Waiters talent? Oh and Jack is garbage this year. Deng is the only decent player they have outside Varejao(who's quite limited offensively).

Dwight was and is the best center in the game. Oh and that Magic team was way better than this Cav team. You want Kyrie to lead this team of trash to the finals? :D

Nope, just to the playoffs.  And he's currently about 8 games behind the 8th seed. 

#56 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,446 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted February 09, 2014 - 09:52 AM

Kyrie is one player.  Coaching, front office and other talent has a play in this.  The idea that a talented guy just be able to bogard his way to the playoffs off sheer will is nonsense.  Im not saying Kyrie doesn't need to improve but to lay Cleveland's problems at his feet as if he has what it takes to change it isn't fair.  That team is a mess.  Bad culture, an ok coach that needs different type of guys for his coaching strengths and ownership that doesn't make horrible roster moves. 

Nope, just to the playoffs.  And he's currently about 8 games behind the 8th seed. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#57 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,044 posts

Posted February 09, 2014 - 09:56 AM

Kyrie is one player.  Coaching, front office and other talent has a play in this.  The idea that a talented guy just be able to bogard his way to the playoffs off sheer will is nonsense.  Im not saying Kyrie doesn't need to improve but to lay Cleveland's problems at his feet as if he has what it takes to change it isn't fair.  That team is a mess.  Bad culture, an ok coach that needs different type of guys for his coaching strengths and ownership that doesn't make horrible roster moves. 

I think the bigger issue is that as the 'franchise' player, he should not be acting like he currently is, and there are more than enough reports out there ranging from confrontations with staff, to deliberately undermining Brown, to constantly complaining about wanting to leave Cleveland.

He is getting paid to be a professional, this isn't a player complaining about lack of support or being frustrated at losing when he is trying his best, most can tell just by watching he is going through the motions.

#58 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,446 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted February 09, 2014 - 10:36 AM

All that I cannot speak on.  We don't know whats going on but I will say with the level of incompetence their front office has shown since Lebron left would make any player break.  Look how Kobe acted after only a few years of not contending and he was in LA when the front office was one of the best.

I think the bigger issue is that as the 'franchise' player, he should not be acting like he currently is, and there are more than enough reports out there ranging from confrontations with staff, to deliberately undermining Brown, to constantly complaining about wanting to leave Cleveland.

He is getting paid to be a professional, this isn't a player complaining about lack of support or being frustrated at losing when he is trying his best, most can tell just by watching he is going through the motions.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#59 8RingKobe

8RingKobe

Rookie

• 725 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted February 09, 2014 - 11:29 AM

Nope, just to the playoffs. And he's currently about 8 games behind the 8th seed.

Cavs aren't one of the top 8 teams. Even Bobcats might have more talent on there team. I'm not going to hold what he is able to do in Cleveland against him. Terrible city, terrible owner, terrible coach and yes terrible team. If his problems continue on his next team I might be a little worried. Id bet they wouldn't though.

#60 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,044 posts

Posted February 09, 2014 - 02:46 PM

All that I cannot speak on.  We don't know whats going on but I will say with the level of incompetence their front office has shown since Lebron left would make any player break.  Look how Kobe acted after only a few years of not contending and he was in LA when the front office was one of the best.

That's fair which is why I pointed to "this isn't a player complaining about lack of support or being frustrated at losing when he is trying his best", I mean people criticized Kobe but still agreed that he was playing at such a high level it was unfair for him to not be with a better talent pool, same with Lebron when he was in Cleveland and carrying that team night in and out, I still recall KG in Minny. Because of the level of way they showed, it made sense whereas Irving is showing immaturity and short of a child not caring what happens around him.

But in the end Cleveland FO can't make excuses with how they've dealt with things since "the Decision", frankly they truly need a clean start. They should be trading every player for picks left and right. Plus I thinking bringing in a stern slow pace coach like Brown for this young team was a big misstep.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users