Photo

2/13/14: Oklahoma City @ Los Angeles Lakers

• Please log in to reply
605 replies to this topic

• 40,431 posts

Posted February 15, 2014 - 03:32 PM

It would be much easier to root for them to lose games if us fans knew we had to get one of the worst three records in the league to get a lottery pick. But we don't. And we are going to get an excellent player. And it is a damn good draft class-the best one in awhile. 

Right indeed, but there's nothing wrong on the other end either of wanting the absolute best player possible that could potentially be a superstar as opposed to just an all-star or solid player. You can dig that too right?

After all, Kobe ain't gonna' be here forever.

yo.

#602 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 15, 2014 - 03:37 PM

Right indeed, but there's nothing wrong on the other end either of wanting the absolute best player possible that could potentially be a superstar as opposed to just an all-star or solid player. You can dig that too right?

After all, Kobe ain't gonna' be here forever.

Yes, I can dig that as well. 

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

• 40,431 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 02:34 AM

yo.

#604 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 5,602 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 16, 2014 - 09:15 AM

It sure as heck sounds like it. To answer your question, yes that would be the best scenario for the team. HOWEVER, NO ONE can blame other fans for wanting our team to be up on the scoreboard at the end of games when it is a naturally competitive instinct that we are born with and develop to a very high degree being Laker fans. It would be much easier to root for them to lose games if us fans knew we had to get one of the worst three records in the league to get a lottery pick. But we don't. And we are going to get an excellent player. And it is a damn good draft class-the best one in awhile. 

This.

- - -

I know how deep this draft, but if we're in a close game against an opposing team, I want the Lakers to win. Especially if we're facing one of the top teams like the Thunder. There's just something about winning.

Ultimately I know we'll lose games because of lack of talent. But I find it silly how people are rooting against this team when we have arguably one of the worst rosters in the league. Everyone should just keep their beliefs about winning/losing to themselves. I'm getting tired of seeing this "Let's get a win (loss)" trend. At least let's all hope for a competitive game. 

#605 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,505 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 16, 2014 - 04:32 PM

I see where Chicano comes from. 

But my perspective is that he doesn't need to root for the Lakers to lose games. 

It's gonna happen anyway. And it's gonna happen a lot. 

So I have no issue rooting for the Lakers to win like a fan of a team that's going through a rough time.  I rooted for them to win every game as well when I knew they were gonna go into the lottery when they got Bynum. 

My 'fan' side doesn't change and I'll never root for them to lose.  Whether they are the best team in the league or the worst team in the league.  I'll never root for them to lose, because no matter what I personally do, if they are a good team they will win games if they are a bad team they are going to lose games so no matter what I root, the circumstances of the team is going to be what happens. 

So good years and bad years I'll always cheer for the Lakers to win games.  That is something imo that should never change.   IF we have a terrible team I just admit we have a terrible team and keep rooting for them though I know losses are coming.  I can't embrace losing as a "plan" because the Lakers aren't an organization that ever plans to lose so I'm not going to be a fan that does that either.  And if we have a losing team, I nor any other fan should have to.  

That's just my perspective on it.   We're the worst team in the West not because Chicano roots for it, but because it's how the team is.  If Chicano was rooting for the Lakers like he always used to they'd still be headed to the lottery regardless.  So why stop?  If the team is bad it's gonna lose no matter what you root for so I have no reason to change that ^_^   

My two cents and why I feel the way I do about it. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

• 40,431 posts

Posted February 16, 2014 - 04:34 PM

I'm more about the not celebrating what hurts our team & franchise. That's what I'm more about. So when I see the few people who do celebrate what hurts us, that's what I don't understand.

yo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users