#21 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,150 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted January 30, 2014 - 09:01 AM

They are done.

I'm sure they will go the route of producing games for their handheld stuff, eventually getting absorbed by another company.

But they have failed to innovate or expand their market beyond young kids.  They made terrible decisions left and right and they won't get the chance to come back.

Do you think it will happen to them the same thing as what happened to Sega? Sega got absorbed by another company and now just a game developing company instead of a console maker.  I dont think Nintendo is going to be in that same boat. For one, Nintendo is not broke. They have so much capital and profits from other products besides their console that they can be breathing for awhile. Plus I was wrong about them not selling well. Phillylaker was correct. The Wii did do very well and it did out sell both the xbox and ps3. However, the ps3 and 360 sells record are not like the Wii. People tend to buy the ps3 and 360 later into the years while the people who bought the Wii tend to buy it when it came out and after a year nobody buys Wii anymore while the xbox and ps3 people still buy them.   Thats my point. The Wii did well but it didnt last while the ps3 and xbox last for years.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#22 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,040 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted January 30, 2014 - 01:49 PM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#23 netlord

netlord

Flying high

• 10,683 posts
  • Name:Alexi
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 31, 2014 - 03:09 AM

I doubt it's the end for Nintendo, Nintendo is a family game system, I don't think it has the same target group as Sony.

After all, what did we play when we were kids? I'm not expecting to play GTA on a Nintendo system.

And the latest news is that they are going to continue doing hardware, so that's that.

Posted Image

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,132 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 31, 2014 - 03:46 AM

All they had to really do was keep upgrading and improving the gamecube.  Which would have been just fine imo. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#25 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,575 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted January 31, 2014 - 12:24 PM

Nintendo went downhill when it lost Rare

The Wi won the last console wars because it was designed for old people and kids...

#26 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,823 posts
  • Name:Joseph
  • Fan Since:2001
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 31, 2014 - 12:45 PM

The Wi won the last console wars because it was designed for old people and kids...

This is true, but sales are sales. I am sure no company would complain that its demographic is that when it sells the most in comparison to its competitors .

All I want for Christmas is a Laker girl :D

#27 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,132 posts

Posted January 31, 2014 - 04:44 PM

Just create a revamped version of the game cube but really upgraded and with next gen graphics.   With exclusive Zelda games coming to it and sales will go up. 

#28 Game

Game

Your Daddy

• 10,653 posts
  • Fan Since:Late '80s
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 31, 2014 - 05:42 PM

sad...but everyone is right...bad decision after bad decision...

super mario 64 and maro kart 64 make my list of top 10 games of all time

Posted Image

#29 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,040 posts

Posted January 31, 2014 - 05:43 PM

Just create a revamped version of the game cube but really upgraded and with next gen graphics.   With exclusive Zelda games coming to it and sales will go up. 

GameCube flopped

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#30 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,823 posts

Posted January 31, 2014 - 06:09 PM

Thats the thing though you use next gen graphics on games like Zelda imagine how much the whole franchise changes based on looks. I think this is the main reason they havent done this, Mario and Zelda and their other big names just would be a huge change due to improved graphics.

#31 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,916 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted January 31, 2014 - 06:22 PM

With some adjustments, Nintendo can improve their sales. They need to look at what Sony is doing with PSN and incorporate alternative services into their products. As already stated, a new original game would not hurt.

If Nintendo offered a new console with a subscription service that allowed me to play any game from NES to Wii, you better believe that I would purchase it. Build off of old games in their original graphics, and create new original games in new graphics.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#32 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,823 posts

Posted February 01, 2014 - 09:43 AM

^^^ Good point about the idea of new characters and franchises. I mean it has really been a long time since nintendo has done such a thing. I guess its newest thing in that manner is trying to make Luigi a stand alone character, which still isn't something new but rather trying to make the second plummer important.

#33 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,132 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 01:13 PM

Thats the thing though you use next gen graphics on games like Zelda imagine how much the whole franchise changes based on looks. I think this is the main reason they havent done this, Mario and Zelda and their other big names just would be a huge change due to improved graphics.

Why?   A Twilight Princess style game with next gen graphics and watching Link fight under such circumstances would get people wanting to play the games.  Not to mention what it would do for the dungeons. 

Zelda hasn't been sidescrolling in quite a while.   

Next Gen Graphics wouldn't hurt Zelda at all imo.

#34 PhillyLaker24

PhillyLaker24

Sixth Man

• 3,823 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 01:18 PM

Why?   A Twilight Princess style game with next gen graphics and watching Link fight under such circumstances would get people wanting to play the games.  Not to mention what it would do for the dungeons. 

Zelda hasn't been sidescrolling in quite a while.   

Next Gen Graphics wouldn't hurt Zelda at all imo.

I just think it is a big overhaul to the franchise that Nintendo just wouldn't be willing to make. It would certainly target the part of the market they lost, but they just dont seem like they care too much for the older crowd. I mean how many next gen graphic games have nintendo had their hands on? Maybe it has to do with a lack of experience and it not being their forte, or maybe they should just be fine with licensing out those characters to game developers and companies that can put a steller next gen iteration of the game out.  Obviously their major problems have to do with inhouse on such topics, and until they change their way of thinking their company will continue to down spiral.

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,132 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 01:43 PM

I just think it is a big overhaul to the franchise that Nintendo just wouldn't be willing to make. It would certainly target the part of the market they lost, but they just dont seem like they care too much for the older crowd. I mean how many next gen graphic games have nintendo had their hands on? Maybe it has to do with a lack of experience and it not being their forte, or maybe they should just be fine with licensing out those characters to game developers and companies that can put a steller next gen iteration of the game out.  Obviously their major problems have to do with inhouse on such topics, and until they change their way of thinking their company will continue to down spiral.

Since the gamecube which was technically their last real 'console' it seems like.  

And Twilight princess was a big seller not just for the gameplay and storyline but the graphics as well. 

I really do think if at the Next E3 they showed a next Gen legend of zelda game they'd likely steal the show and it would get people talking again.   To me for success all they'd have to do is make a Console that you could play the other next gen games on(NBA 2k, Tomb Raider, etc etc) along with Nintendo exclusives(Smash Bros, Mario party, Mario Kart, Legend of Zelda) and they'd be fine. 

Edited by Majesty, February 02, 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#36 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,040 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 02:01 PM

The President of Nintendo showed off a Zelda with better graphics. He was fired & they went with Cartoon Zelda instead

#37 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,040 posts

Posted February 02, 2014 - 02:03 PM

Nintendo was jealous of Rare

#38 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,575 posts
  • Fan Since:1986

Posted February 05, 2014 - 06:48 PM

The President of Nintendo showed off a Zelda with better graphics. He was fired & they went with Cartoon Zelda instead

I remember that
Everyone was mad when they switched it to a cel-shaded game

I wish the never went kiddy
We need a dark version of Zelda

#39 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

• 7,040 posts

Posted February 05, 2014 - 07:41 PM

Here's my prediction: Nintendo will make 2 more home systems, they'll flop, then Nintendo will make games for everybody else

#40 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,132 posts

Posted February 06, 2014 - 01:55 AM

I remember that
Everyone was mad when they switched it to a cel-shaded game

I wish the never went kiddy
We need a dark version of Zelda

I want a sequel to twilight Princess!! Bring Midna back!!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users