Photo

UPDATE: New Rick Fox Interview With Phil, Talks Extensively About Dwight (Pg. 2); Phil: I'm Not Going To Coach Again

FOX Sports Live Kobe MJ Magic Bird Lakers

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,775 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted January 23, 2014 - 11:05 AM

I am sick and tired of Laker fans crying about Phil not coaching this team. I am sick and tired of laker fans wanting Phil to coach this team.  Enough already. I personally dont think Phil should coach again.  He already accomplished everything he wants to accomplished. He already beat Red in terms of championships. He already considered the best coach in all of sports. He have plenty of money to retire and buy more homes in Montana. He got a pretty good looking fiance if I might say so myself. He is living a dream. Why would he want to have stress when he is like an old ass man?  Enough with begging Phil to come back.  I wish him the best in whatever he do besides coaching. He should retired after he won the last championship. I felt bad that he had to sit through the Dallas massacre as his last game.

His fiancee is a larger part of this franchise. Even if he doesn't coach again, which is likely, he will still have a close connection to the Lakers rather he likes it or not. Why not entertain the thought of "being an influence outside of coaching?"

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#22 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,039 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted January 23, 2014 - 11:11 AM

His fiancee is a larger part of this franchise. Even if he doesn't coach again, which is likely, he will still have a close connection to the Lakers rather he likes it or not. Why not entertain the thought of "being an influence outside of coaching?"

Yes I rather him be part of the Lakers organization but I do not want him to coach ever again.  I never said he shouldn't be part of the lakers. Obviously he cant avoid the Lakers since he is banging the owner. I just dont want him coach again.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#23 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,004 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 23, 2014 - 12:04 PM

If PJ wants to coach, you let him coach. He gets things done...PERIOD.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,927 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 23, 2014 - 12:44 PM

I am sick and tired of Laker fans crying about Phil not coaching this team. I am sick and tired of laker fans wanting Phil to coach this team.  Enough already. I personally dont think Phil should coach again.  He already accomplished everything he wants to accomplished. He already beat Red in terms of championships. He already considered the best coach in all of sports. He have plenty of money to retire and buy more homes in Montana. He got a pretty good looking fiance if I might say so myself. He is living a dream. Why would he want to have stress when he is like an old ass man?  Enough with begging Phil to come back.  I wish him the best in whatever he do besides coaching. He should retired after he won the last championship. I felt bad that he had to sit through the Dallas massacre as his last game.

The worst part about that is Mavs fans credit Mark Cuban with ending Phil Jackson's career.... 

In a sort of triumphant way. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#25 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,329 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted January 23, 2014 - 01:09 PM

LOL at "Slava Medvedenko"

veqdeg.jpg

• 40,365 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 02:34 PM

^ Slava was the best! I'll take Medvedenko over Kwah-may anyday.

yo.

#27 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,106 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 24, 2014 - 11:22 AM

Kobe rucker park nameVVVV

Lord of the rings.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

• 40,365 posts

Posted January 30, 2014 - 01:07 AM

New Rick Fox interview with Phil:

1:06

yo.

#29 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,927 posts

Posted January 30, 2014 - 01:22 AM

The more Phil talks about Dwight's game regressing and his post up game still looking bad and McHale not helping him.

The more I think Phil would have been very up front with Dwight about it and forced him to pick and roll with Kobe the way Nash would. 

This after about 5 games before Phil realized that Dwight in the post...wasn't going to work. 

And the more I think Dwight would have high tailed it to Houston anyway because he thought McHale would turn him into a great post player and that the Rockets play more 'his style'.  

You get the feeling Phil doesn't know if Dwight really wanted to become a better player.  

My opinion on Dwight is, he was fine when he was doing the simplistic post moves in Orlando, spin right dunk, spin right, dunk, back down, and rinse repeat.  

Dwight trying to do all the dream shakes and double pumps and faceup bullcrap is why the likes of Bargnani shut him down cause Dwight somewhere in the back of his mind thinks he can be Hakeem and doesn't want to be called one dimensional anymore. 

Phil likely would have made it VERY clear to Dwight that he IS one dimensional. But he should master that one dimension.   But I doubt Dwight would hear him.

Note to Dwight.. the dream shake doesn't work unless you have an actual fadeaway Jumper...otherwise any defender with half a brain will just wait for you to spin back to the basket and swat you.  

#30 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,927 posts

Posted January 31, 2014 - 02:45 PM

Phil on why he won't coach again

"My stock answer has been I have no intention of coaching again," said the 68-year-old Jackson. "That's been my stock answer for the last two years. Physically I have to reconcile the fact that I'm in a position where after five operations in three years, four years (coaching would be hard). Recovering from operations is difficult enough. When you're a kid you can do it relatively easily as we did when we were players, but at my age it takes a little bit more to recover from it and then health becomes the priority.

"Traveling, late nights, being up and down the court, which is really something that's important to me as a coach -- I coached my last year from a bench at midcourt because I couldn't get up and down the court and I knew it was time to leave. So, there's some of the reasons why I sit here and say I have no intention of coaching. But who knows? Maybe I'll have regenerative tissue that will get me back at it."

If it's that torturous for him in his last year then I can only imagine how it'd be now.  Don't want to watch Phil suffer on the sidelines.   It would also probably piss him off not being able to coach the way he'd want to.   

Edited by Majesty, January 31, 2014 - 02:46 PM.

#31 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,004 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 31, 2014 - 02:56 PM

PJ is trolling

Pau Gasol is GONE

#32 West Coast

West Coast

LakerNation Staff

• 21,350 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 31, 2014 - 06:38 PM

So, there's some of the reasons why I sit here and say I have no intention of coaching. But who knows? Maybe I'll have regenerative tissue that will get me back at it."

That's not a man who will NEVER coach again, that's a man leaving the door open if some sort of opportunity presented itself.

People can say "You're reading too much into it" but Phil knows exactly what he is saying when it comes to the media.

Personally, with his comments about the NBA's current style of play and how he doesn't like it over recent weeks, I believe he has an itch to return to the sidelines short-term to show the NBA that system basketball is still the best way to play.  

#33 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,830 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 31, 2014 - 06:53 PM

If Phil wants to coach again he should have his agent put out feelers to the 24 teams that might show interest.

Lakers probably won't be one of them.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Nope), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Still waiting, wow)

#34 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 969 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime

Posted January 31, 2014 - 07:11 PM

Mark Jackson's contract is over at the end of the season, should the Lakers try to get him?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: FOX Sports Live, Kobe, MJ, Magic, Bird, Lakers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users