Photo

Super Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Seahawks @ Denver Broncos

FOX 2-2-14 3:30 PM

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

Poll: Super Bowl XLVIII Prediction (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Seattle Seahawks. (15 votes [53.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.57%

2. Denver Broncos. (13 votes [46.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#261 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 03, 2014 - 07:03 AM

Fb20BM8.jpg

1004968_620360728019080_1834978892_n.jpg

1609990_10202919261360450_1276379278_n.j

1781862_10203058518453384_1203669302_n.j

Pau Gasol is GONE

#262 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 07:10 AM

1507966_10152180391656100_733270044_n.jp

Pau Gasol is GONE

#263 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,234 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted February 03, 2014 - 07:27 AM

There were so many reasons the Seahawks won yesterday and #1 was their Defense destroyed the Broncos

1. They got pressure on Manning sometimes with no blitz or with just 1 LB blitzing which is great since you can keep more players in coverage.

2. Their DB's manhandled the "Bigger, Stronger" Bronco wideouts. I saw very few instances when any WR was getting separation off other than 88.

3. The run defense was great but Mareno is so hit and miss it's tough to say if he just layed an egg, plus Seattle had some beautiful tackling.

I'm not so quick to crown Russell Wilson yet, I like him, he's humble and has great work ethic. But let's be honest the whole Defense was the Super Bowl MVP. Most of Wilson's stats came after the Bronco's looked like they had given up.

Then more on Peyton, as a Colt fan it's hard to see him struggle like that for two reasons. 

1. He's always going to be a Colt to all of us and we want him to ride out on top

2. As Colt fans we've witnessed this happen before in the playoffs.

Yea he pretty much was our entire Offense for most of those years and he makes everyone around him better. We didn't have great Defenses or Running Games but it's just so confusing to see him destroy the Regular Season just to have the worst game of the year in the Playoffs. I can disucss this for awhile but that's for another time.

As for Brady I have one word: Spygate. Since they were caught he has a playoff record that last I checked I think it was a even .500 or maybe even a game under .500. He and the Patriots since have 0 Superbowls and 0 AFC Championships, interesting..... But that's another conversation for another time. 

I've ate up enough of this thread going off-topic back to the topic and Great win for a Great D

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#264 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,274 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted February 03, 2014 - 07:28 AM

Peyton Manning is the most overrated QB of all time, great in the reg season, but when it matters the most he's TRASH

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#265 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 07:41 AM

As for Brady I have one word: Spygate. Since they were caught he has a playoff record that last I checked I think it was a even .500 or maybe even a game under .500. He and the Patriots since have 0 Superbowls and 0 AFC Championships

Pau Gasol is GONE

#266 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 9,005 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 07:57 AM

No QB in the history of the league would of beat this defense, with the way it was playing last night. They were that good. Trust me, I'm nothing close to a Manning jocker, but I'm not going to fault the blame on him. I think the blame goes on the coaches 110%. The gameplan was poor, the players didn't look prepared, and no halftime adjustments. The Seahawks just ate them alive. I've never seen a NFL defense play that good. They made the Broncos look like the Raiders.

#267 Harry Styles

Harry Styles

King of Hearts

• 1,461 posts
  • Name:Dilan
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted February 03, 2014 - 09:04 AM

There were so many reasons the Seahawks won yesterday and #1 was their Defense destroyed the Broncos

1. They got pressure on Manning sometimes with no blitz or with just 1 LB blitzing which is great since you can keep more players in coverage.

2. Their DB's manhandled the "Bigger, Stronger" Bronco wideouts. I saw very few instances when any WR was getting separation off other than 88.

3. The run defense was great but Mareno is so hit and miss it's tough to say if he just layed an egg, plus Seattle had some beautiful tackling.

I'm not so quick to crown Russell Wilson yet, I like him, he's humble and has great work ethic. But let's be honest the whole Defense was the Super Bowl MVP. Most of Wilson's stats came after the Bronco's looked like they had given up.

Then more on Peyton, as a Colt fan it's hard to see him struggle like that for two reasons. 

1. He's always going to be a Colt to all of us and we want him to ride out on top

2. As Colt fans we've witnessed this happen before in the playoffs.

Yea he pretty much was our entire Offense for most of those years and he makes everyone around him better. We didn't have great Defenses or Running Games but it's just so confusing to see him destroy the Regular Season just to have the worst game of the year in the Playoffs. I can disucss this for awhile but that's for another time.

As for Brady I have one word: Spygate. Since they were caught he has a playoff record that last I checked I think it was a even .500 or maybe even a game under .500. He and the Patriots since have 0 Superbowls and 0 AFC Championships, interesting..... But that's another conversation for another time. 

I've ate up enough of this thread going off-topic back to the topic and Great win for a Great D

Filming wasn't illegal and you might want to check your facts on 0 AFC Championships. 

#268 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,257 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted February 03, 2014 - 10:14 AM

Look at these excuses!  :laughing: The rant lol

You're taking it HARD.

Peyton Manning has a tendency to flop in the postseason...PERIOD. Understand this, regular season means NOTHING if you can't perform in the postseason. 

He gets all these accolades when he's on fire (rightfully so) but when he throws INTs in superbowls and comes up less than clutch, all the blame shifts to someone else? Get outta here with that garbage. That's what being a QB is about: If you can take most of the credit for the team's wins, then you can accept most of the blame when the teams loses.

And no, every other quarterback doesn't turn the ball over in the most critical times.  

It's not a rant, it's common sense.  Use it unless... you're always angry and critical of professional players to an extent that you must interpret everything in the form of aggression. Russel Wilson just turned it over twice vs the 49ers. And he will throughout his career.[expletive] happens. But if you have a real defensive team, they make it up for you.

No QB in the history of the league would of beat this defense, with the way it was playing last night. They were that good. Trust me, I'm nothing close to a Manning jocker, but I'm not going to fault the blame on him. I think the blame goes on the coaches 110%. The gameplan was poor, the players didn't look prepared, and no halftime adjustments. The Seahawks just ate them alive. I've never seen a NFL defense play that good. They made the Broncos look like the Raiders.

Thank you Icker. That defense was [expletive]ing crazy.

Edited by Jackson, February 03, 2014 - 10:26 AM.

#269 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,565 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted February 03, 2014 - 12:00 PM

Harvin should have been MVP. 

Chancellor is like Frankenstein in shoulder pads. Goodness!

2hf753r.jpg

#270 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,234 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 12:14 PM

Filming wasn't illegal and you might want to check your facts on 0 AFC Championships. 

It wasn't illegal to film but it was in the manner they were filming. You're right they had the '11 AFC Championship where they lost to the Giants and didn't get the full undefeated season. The point is more that before that Brady and the Pats had a great playoff record, after that.... not so much.

21lsbya.jpg

#271 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,176 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 12:17 PM

It's not a rant, it's common sense.  Use it unless... you're always angry and critical of professional players to an extent that you must interpret everything in the form of aggression. Russel Wilson just turned it over twice vs the 49ers. And he will throughout his career.[expletive] happens. But if you have a real defensive team, they make it up for you.

What common sense?

It's definitely a butt-hurt emotional rant and nothing else:

- The expletives

- Calling statistics "[expletive]ing" stupid

- Someone brings up Mannings turnovers and all you can say is "But but but, everyone else does it!"

- Saying the Broncos team played like "[expletive]"...guess what? Manning is a part of the team

- Blaming the receivers for dropping the ball but completely disregarding Manning's 2 INTs and fumble; That's 3 turnovers on Manning alone

You ask why are his TEAMS 13-3, 14-2, and 14-2 but what you need to think about is why is Peyton Manning 11-12 in the postseason? And 1-2 in Superbowls. Like Sherman said, Manning threw ducks.

Manning is arguably the greatest QB in NFL history but that does NOT make him perfect nor does it make him immune to critique on his imperfections. 

Edited by Windu, February 03, 2014 - 12:17 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#272 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,729 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted February 03, 2014 - 05:02 PM

One team looked ready and prepared for the superbowl and the other team looked scared and nervous.

#273 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,729 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 05:05 PM

What they did was cheating. FACT.

#274 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,169 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted February 03, 2014 - 07:04 PM

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

• 40,556 posts

Posted February 03, 2014 - 10:03 PM

This is [expletive]ing stupid (not you).

You didn't have to say that. Everything I posted was from the article & link I included, not from I.

I've ate up enough of this thread going off-topic back to the topic

Oh no, not at all. Are you kidding me? Please, continue if you could. It's a pleasure.

yo.

#276 Danny

Danny

Rookie

• 406 posts
  • Name:Danny
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 03, 2014 - 10:21 PM

It wasn't illegal to film but it was in the manner they were filming. You're right they had the '11 AFC Championship where they lost to the Giants and didn't get the full undefeated season. The point is more that before that Brady and the Pats had a great playoff record, after that.... not so much.

They've been to the superbowl twice since then...

#277 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,234 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 08:01 AM

They got busted in '07 and after that they went to the Super Bowl in '11 when Moss was tearing it up. Other than that they haven't gone back. The point though is since then they haven't won any Super Bowls and Brady doesn't have a winning record in the playoffs since then either. 

21lsbya.jpg

#278 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,729 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 08:53 AM

Doesn't mean much.

If you're not first, you're last.....

#279 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,234 posts

Posted February 04, 2014 - 11:11 AM

Here's the article I was referencing back about the records before and after spygate:

Stats of the Championships No. 1: Before Spygate, Bill Belichick's Patriots were 12-2 in the playoffs and 3-0 in the Super Bowl. Since the taping scheme was discovered, they are 6-6 in the postseason and 0-2 in the Super Bowl.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10324687/football-gods-smile-super-bowl-denver-offense-seattle-defense

If you count the Super Bowl they went to in '07 which is the year they were busted then yes they went to 2 Super Bowls since Spygate.

21lsbya.jpg

#280 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,458 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic

Posted February 04, 2014 - 12:12 PM

Lynch Wildin in the lockerroom. lol love it!

Edited by BleedPurple&Gold, February 04, 2014 - 12:14 PM.

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users