Photo

Super Bowl XLVIII: Seattle Seahawks @ Denver Broncos

FOX 2-2-14 3:30 PM

• Please log in to reply
299 replies to this topic

Poll: Super Bowl XLVIII Prediction (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Seattle Seahawks. (15 votes [53.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.57%

2. Denver Broncos. (13 votes [46.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 12:27 AM

Who ya' got & why?

I seriously have no idea at the moment.

On one hand, you've got an obviously amazing defense in Seattle, but you've got a superior offense in Denver along with the great Peyton Manning. Normally one could say take the defense over the offense, but in this case specifically with the Peyton Manning factor, it sure makes it awfully hard. If Seattle can get enough pressure on him though & with Peyton's extreme lack of mobility, advantage Seattle, but that may or may not happen.

I do think the game will be relatively close & competitive either way & I sure hope so as well.

As far as who I'm going for, this is a win-win situation for me for the most part. Wanted the 9ers to win most out of the four teams left previously, then Peyton, then Seattle, definitely not the Patriots at all, but I like RW a lot as well as PC (being an SC guy). I'm conflicted at the moment, but either way I will be happy.

0ap2000000315547.jpg

Edited by    , January 20, 2014 - 12:50 AM.

yo.

#2 BleedPurple&Gold

BleedPurple&Gold

All-Star

• 6,399 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe,Magic

Posted January 20, 2014 - 12:29 AM

Come on Manning just one more win you can do it!

9888d4ba-ad6b-4879-93aa-9ef1c6ed1dbd_zps

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 12:34 AM

Thoughts on the halftime performers for this year? Bruno Mars & the Red Hot Chili Peppers? Yay? Nay?

yo.

#4 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,987 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 12:45 AM

Defense always come through in the crunch time...

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 12:48 AM

Although he may be too full of himself sometimes, also kinda rooting for Mr. Sherman cause he's reppin' Compton.

yo.

#6 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,809 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 20, 2014 - 12:54 AM

The Broncos defense has showed up in the playoffs...

It's going to be interesting to see if the Seahawks can even keep up scoring wise.

#7 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,987 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 01:00 AM

The Broncos defense has showed up in the playoffs...

It's going to be interesting to see if the Seahawks can even keep up scoring wise.

2 weeks heading into the game, the Seahawks will stop them. The only secondary that match with Manning's hogs. And I can tell you right now, none of those cats want anything to do with Chancellor roaming the middle of the field. The only way I can see the Broncos winning is if they establish the ground game and run the ball HARD.

Broncos have ball players on the defensive side of the field. It always irked me when those morons of analysts trying downplaying the talent of that side of the ball just so they can boost their boy Manning. Saying all that, Seattle is still going to find a way to put up points. I mean they just dropped 23 on the Niners, who had thier numbers. Not sure if the Broncos can hold them to a lower total.

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 01:02 AM

Should we expect Marshawn Lynch to go "beast mode" on the Broncos?

yo.

#9 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,809 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 20, 2014 - 01:46 AM

2 weeks heading into the game, the Seahawks will stop them. The only secondary that match with Manning's hogs. And I can tell you right now, none of those cats want anything to do with Chancellor roaming the middle of the field. The only way I can see the Broncos winning is if they establish the ground game and run the ball HARD.

Broncos have ball players on the defensive side of the field. It always irked me when those morons of analysts trying downplaying the talent of that side of the ball just so they can boost their boy Manning. Saying all that, Seattle is still going to find a way to put up points. I mean they just dropped 23 on the Niners, who had thier numbers. Not sure if the Broncos can hold them to a lower total.

I don't see how the Colts managed to beat them and that the Broncos can't. I'm telling you for sure PM will not throw the ball away like the way CK did in that fourth quarter.

Remember that glorious KC defense, Broncos found away.

Remember that supreme Patriots ground attack?

#10 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,449 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted January 20, 2014 - 06:04 AM

im rooting for the seahawks

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#11 James Worthy

James Worthy

Rookie

• 891 posts
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted January 20, 2014 - 06:19 AM

F Sherman and the spinners in his nostrils.    I'm no Manning fan, but somehow, some way, he's gotta beat Sherman and his Adderall roid raging mouth.

#12 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted January 20, 2014 - 07:49 AM

As a Raider fan I am going for Seattle by far although I don't care for the Seahawks much either.

One factor is how the Broncoes made Blount a non factor for much of their game, Seahawks are more dependent on their run game then NE was for whatever reason although most say because even though Wilson is a solid QB, they worry the stage might be too big for him. Comparing the KC defense of the Seattle defense is laughable, Seattle defense was ranked ahead of the pack in so many categories plus the intensity factor. Niner defense is far superior to the Denver defense, if anything very lucky it came together in the playoff. Manning won't be used to this kind of pressure. Seattle's secondary is great.

Don't really care about Bruno Mars, but my childhood favorite band RHCP looking forward to it.

Edited by Ven, January 20, 2014 - 07:49 AM.

#13 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 20, 2014 - 08:44 AM

Seattle 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#14 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,113 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 20, 2014 - 08:44 AM

Thoughts on the halftime performers for this year? Bruno Mars & the Red Hot Chili Peppers? Yay? Nay?

Garbage halftime shows as always

Pau Gasol is GONE

#15 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,987 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 08:45 AM

I don't see how the Colts managed to beat them and that the Broncos can't. I'm telling you for sure PM will not throw the ball away like the way CK did in that fourth quarter.

Remember that glorious KC defense, Broncos found away.

Remember that supreme Patriots ground attack?

The Colts also beat the Broncos, so you're comment is a wash. And it's really useless to judge teams that the Broncos and Seattle lossed to. They're really are just anomalies. It's almost impossible to go undefeated in this league, now matter how good you may be.

Kansas City defense started out the first 8-10 games red hot and fell off. They weren't the same when Manning and Luck picked them apart.

Now, with these Seahawks. They're ain't no joke, Manning has never faced a defense on this level this season. Haven't faced a team this physical. Demarius Thomas is going to face a corner that is actually his size and he can't bully. Like I said, Seattle's secondary is ridiculous and prolly the only team in the league that can match with the Broncos offense.

I'm not worried if the Broncos stop Seattle's ground game because Wilson is a more than capable QB. He'll get the job done.

#16 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,987 posts

Posted January 20, 2014 - 08:46 AM

I don't watch the Super Bowl for the halftime show.

#17 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,544 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 20, 2014 - 08:46 AM

The Bronco's offensive line has been doing pretty well. Last game, Peyton was not stacked once and was one only hurried once (im pretty sure). Also, their defense has been showing up and they have been shutting down the running game while running the ball pretty well. They did good against the Chargers and did good in the 2nd half vs the Patriots. And then of course you have the Manning.

I got the Broncos winning 24 to 17

#18 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,336 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted January 20, 2014 - 09:05 AM

NFl got the match up they wanted, miraculously.

Broncos. 35-17 

ap1.png

#19 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,230 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted January 20, 2014 - 09:45 AM

I have the Denver Manning's winning, I'm biased of course because of the Colt connection but it'd be good to see him get another ring.

Plus Champ is one of my favorite DB's as well, would be good to see him get his ring too.

Edited by Draztik, January 20, 2014 - 09:46 AM.

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#20 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,232 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted January 20, 2014 - 10:00 AM

I'm rooting for the Seahawks, can't stand Manning for some reason 

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users