Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,937 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 09, 2014 - 03:49 AM

I wouldn't trade Meeks ..

Why? You're likely going to focus on re-signing Young over Meeks if Meeks is looking for a bigger contract and if Young opts out. 

So why not package Meeks with Pau? His value could be high right now and he'd fit right in with Phoenix's style.and if it makes them budge and give you that first round pick or so you do it. 

In the big picture Meeks probably isn't returning, not because we don't want him to but we'll have a choice between Meeks and Young..and we should pick Young. 

A Meeks and Pau package is probably an enticing one. More so than a Kaman/Pau package.

Now there's always a chance Young opts in and then you can afford Meeks.  But in all honesty if Kobe comes back very healthy and ready next year, when would Meeks find play time?  

The Lakers are likely looking to retain Young, Johnson, Henry, Farmar and Hill this off-season. Kendall is already locked in. 

So where would Meeks find the minutes? 

In Phoenix he may be able to play himself into a bigger contract than The Lakers would give him and he'd be a capable backup for Bledsoe when he returns and a welcome shooting replacement while he's out. 

It would fit perfectly into Phoenix's plans and may get them to budge on more than a draft pick as they aren't getting better for Okafor's contract. 

Edited by Majesty, February 09, 2014 - 03:51 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#123 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,165 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted February 09, 2014 - 08:33 AM

Love his fire. Gets told he's not being retained. Has a great last game for us. Goes back to the D League and rips [expletive] up

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#124 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,735 posts

Posted February 09, 2014 - 01:17 PM

Why? You're likely going to focus on re-signing Young over Meeks if Meeks is looking for a bigger contract and if Young opts out. 

So why not package Meeks with Pau? His value could be high right now and he'd fit right in with Phoenix's style.and if it makes them budge and give you that first round pick or so you do it. 

In the big picture Meeks probably isn't returning, not because we don't want him to but we'll have a choice between Meeks and Young..and we should pick Young. 

A Meeks and Pau package is probably an enticing one. More so than a Kaman/Pau package.

Now there's always a chance Young opts in and then you can afford Meeks.  But in all honesty if Kobe comes back very healthy and ready next year, when would Meeks find play time?  

The Lakers are likely looking to retain Young, Johnson, Henry, Farmar and Hill this off-season. Kendall is already locked in. 

So where would Meeks find the minutes? 

In Phoenix he may be able to play himself into a bigger contract than The Lakers would give him and he'd be a capable backup for Bledsoe when he returns and a welcome shooting replacement while he's out. 

It would fit perfectly into Phoenix's plans and may get them to budge on more than a draft pick as they aren't getting better for Okafor's contract. 

Meeks is a hustler, he gives you 100% on both ends.. You don't trade a shooter like him and besides, the guy improved massively since last year, why wouldn't you think he'll continue to be better?

Young could play the back up 3 ..

Kobe/Meeks

FA,Pick or even Wes/ young

a 9m/3yr deal for meeks is good enough...

#125 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Rookie

• 1,077 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 09, 2014 - 07:26 PM

With Nash possibly injured once again, Harris may get the call. But I say we give Terrence Williams a shot.

#126 dyls5

dyls5

Rookie

• 414 posts
  • Name:Dylan
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 09, 2014 - 07:29 PM

With Nash possibly injured once again, Harris may get the call. But I say we give Terrence Williams a shot.

Team's can only sign a player on a maximum of two 10 day contracts, so that means we cant give Harris another one unfortunately.

#127 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,937 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 09, 2014 - 07:44 PM

Yep we'd be signing harris for the remainder of the season.

Which does work if we're indeed trading Meeks along with Pau to Phoenix. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#128 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Rookie

• 1,077 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted February 09, 2014 - 07:50 PM

Team's can only sign a player on a maximum of two 10 day contracts, so that means we cant give Harris another one unfortunately.

Forgot we had him for 20 already. OK, lets call up Terrence Williams.

• 40,365 posts

Posted February 09, 2014 - 11:38 PM

yo.

#130 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,314 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted February 10, 2014 - 06:10 AM

Sign Manny to a 2 year un-guaranteed contract and trade Meeks along with Pau to Phoenix.  May be enough to get that pick you sought. 

I agree. Meeks is solid, but not someone who can't be replaced.

Unfortunately, that's the story for most of our team.

#131 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted February 10, 2014 - 06:34 AM

I can't really understand why we let Harris go and then we resign S.Williams...

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#132 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,314 posts

Posted February 10, 2014 - 07:55 AM

I can't really understand why we let Harris go and then we resign S.Williams...

Because:

Edited by DanishLakerFan, February 10, 2014 - 07:55 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users