Photo

Which Wrestler Would've Been A Great WWE World Heavyweight Champion That Never Held The Belt?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,736 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted January 15, 2014 - 10:07 PM

Name a past or present wrestler that would've made a great run with the title if Vince put the title on him. Here's my picks...

Daniel Bryan. He's so over with the fans and he's great in the ring. Give him the WWE World Heavyweight Championship! Fans aren't this wild about the wrestler since "Stone Cold" Steve Austin and "The Rock" Dwayne Johnson.

Rob Van Dam. If he didn't get caught with weed in his car when he held both the WWE and ECW World Heavyweight Championship, I think he would've made a great run with the title. Cause he was so over with the WWE fans.

Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Was one of the greatest heels to ever play that role. He was great on the mic and great with promos. If you watched his promos, you would be amazed.

"Rowdy" Roddy Piper. That man you love to hate. He gotten so much heat in the 80's and had a great run as a babyface in the 90's. He was a main eventer. Had great matches with Hogan but never beaten him for the WWE Championship. He's only held the WWE Intercontinental Championship and United States Championship in his early career. 

Taz. It disappoints me with the run he had in the WWE. He held the ECW World Heavyweight Championship for god sake's. He was a wrestling machine! He trained Kurt Angle! The guy who would become one of the greatest of all time! WWE didn't know how to use him and didn't think he fit the image of a WWE World Heavyweight Champion which was stupid.

"Ravishing" Rick Rude. Can put on a good match and had so much heat with the fans but for some reason, Vince never put the title on him.

"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig. Great technical wrestler. Was one of the greatest WWE Intercontinental Champions that WWE ever had. Pretty good on the mic. Had great matches with Bret "The Hit Man" Hart. Could've been another classic if he went up with Bret when he held the title but he was out of action due to injury. Then Vince made him become a broadcaster.

Jerry "The King" Lawler. Former AWA World Heavyweight Champion. He was a good heel back then. Won PWI Most Hated Wrestler twice in 1993 and 1995. Had some great battles with Bret. I think he would've made a great run if he had the title.

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase. He gotten so much heat with the fans. He used to humiliate fans whenever he invites to the ring and make them do something just for money. He should've gotten the belt at some point in the late 80's. But instead put the belt on "The Macho Man" Randy Savage which isn't a bad choice. I think Hogan should've dropped the belt to Dibiase in '91 instead to the Undertaker. I don't think Taker was over yet. Plus he only held the belt for only a few days after beating Hogan at the Survivor Series '91.

Samoa Joe. Very Taz-esque. I hope he'll join WWE whenever he becomes a free agent.

"The Phenomenal" A.J. Styles. Great in-ring work. But no so much on the mic. He's a free agent right now. things fell apart with negotiations with TNA Wrestling. He could jump to WWE but doesn't seem like Vince and company want him.

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes. Former NWA World Heavyweight Champion. Then when he came to the WWE, For some reason, he put on that ridiculous poka dot trunks which I think ruined his chance to become Champ.

"The Total Package" Lex Luger. Had a good run as WCW World Heavyweight Champion in '91. Had a great push as "Made In the USA" Lex Luger. Then for some reason Vince didn't put the belt on him. Rumor has it that he messed up by giving out the result of his match against Yokozuna at Wrestlemania saying that he's gonna win the belt. If that's true, that's on him.

"The Texas Tornado" Kerry Von Erich. Was a promising raising star. Held the I-C Championship for a while. Then all of a sudden after the Survivor Series, he became a jobber. He left the WWE in '92. His foot was amputated. He became addicted to pain killers, followed by several drug problems.Sadly, he committed suicide. A lot of tragedy with the Von Erich's. I think he would've been a bigger star than he was if he had a push.

Who are your picks?

Edited by LALakersFan4Life, January 15, 2014 - 10:11 PM.

#2 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,865 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Nick Van Exel

Posted January 15, 2014 - 10:32 PM

Bryan has won it twice but got it ripped it away immediately!

Scott Hall

Sting

Edited by Michaelyumm, January 15, 2014 - 10:33 PM.

#3 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,736 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted January 15, 2014 - 10:38 PM

Bryan has won it twice but got it ripped it away immediately!

Scott Hall

Sting

How the hell did I forget about Sting!? I don't see Scott as main event material. I only see him as a mid-carder.

#4 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,353 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted January 16, 2014 - 09:24 AM

Rikishi

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#5 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted January 16, 2014 - 09:46 AM

I loved the British Bulldog and Owen Hart. To my knowledge, I believe they never held the WWF World Championship.

EDIT: Gee the Lakers are so bad, that we're talking about wrestling now. Feels like the off season.

Edited by Hero, January 16, 2014 - 09:47 AM.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

#6 True Lakers Fan

True Lakers Fan

Dead Discussion! You will not win, because I will not lose&a

• 23,353 posts
  • Name:Kyler
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Swaggy and Kareem

Posted January 16, 2014 - 10:44 AM

Yes, i forgot Owen too

Kobe%20Bryant%20Sig%20v3.jpg

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 18, 2014 - 03:56 AM

I honestly think Booker T should have beaten Triple H at Wrestlemania and gotten that title.  The RAW title.   They let anyone have the Smackdown title.  But I think Booker T should have won it that night.   He was subsequently buried after losing and was very fortunate to still be over enough with the fans to win it on Smackdown.  

But yeah Booker T tops my list really.   He should have won against Triple H at Wrestlemania, I think that would have been it. 

Also a wrestler I think got a Raw deal in WWE...

Diamond... Dallas... Page! 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users