#1 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,919 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted January 14, 2014 - 05:26 PM

Kanye West Under Investigation for Allegedly Assaulting Teen Over Racist Remarks

Kanye West is under investigation for allegedly assaulted a teenager who verbally assaulted Kim Kardashian, TMZ.com reports.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi...dly-5140074.php

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#2 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

"Never underestimate the heart of a CHAMPION!"

• 8,537 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 05:33 PM

if what i read that was said was actually said, then dude had it coming

people think they can just talk [expletive] to celebs like they aren't human

bw1wOGf.png

#3 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,919 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 05:44 PM

I respectfully disagree. You have the right to free speech, even if it is unpopular. I do not agree with what that person said, I would even have verbally called him out on it. Nobody has the right to inflict violence on another human being unless they are defending their own life. End of story, I don't care about any of the details.

Edited by -Wade-, January 14, 2014 - 05:46 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

#4 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,749 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 14, 2014 - 05:46 PM

where i'm from, you talk [expletive], and you better be ready to back it up one way or another

2div

#5 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,774 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted January 14, 2014 - 05:46 PM

Here here Wade.

#6 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,042 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted January 14, 2014 - 05:52 PM

I respectfully disagree. You have the right to free speech, even if it is unpopular. I do not agree with what that person said, I would even have verbally called him out on it. Nobody has the right to inflict violence on another human being unless they are defending their own life. End of story, I don't care about any of the details.

tumblr_mboq1m3MlS1qgxs0l.gif

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#7 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,919 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 05:54 PM

tumblr_mboq1m3MlS1qgxs0l.gif

No. With all due respect, this is exactly why the morality of our once great nation, much less, the rest of the world, is going to the dogs. People would rather inflict violence off of impulse rather than walk away or use logic, when at the end of the day, they were words you did not agree with.

It is the same people who want to limit my gun rights that want to use violence against me the second I exercise my 1st amendment in a negative and unpopular manner. Interesting.

Edited by -Wade-, January 14, 2014 - 05:55 PM.

wKNsigp.png

#8 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,877 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 14, 2014 - 05:55 PM

Free speech has it's consequences.

Anybody say [expletive]er in front of me, it's not going to be a debate.

I'm fighting. Period point blank.

Men [expletive] and fight in every species of mammal , this is no different

#9 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,877 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 05:57 PM

No. With all due respect, this is exactly why the morality of our once great nation, much less, the rest of the world, is going to the dogs. People would rather inflict violence off of impulse rather than walk away or use logic, when at the end of the day, they were words you did not agree with.

It is the same people who want to limit my gun rights that want to use violence against me the second I exercise my 1st amendment in a negative and unpopular manner. Interesting.

Our nation is great for one

For two

When was it "greater"

Slavery?

Civil rights?

Jim Crow?

In the 30s, Compton had WHITE gangs that used in beat up the incoming blacks. That's California, we know what happened down south.

With all due respect Wade, you're a computer hacker. That's far worse than two men fighting.

#10 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,537 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 05:58 PM

calling her a [expletive]er lover is not free speech, its hate speech

bw1wOGf.png

#11 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,919 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 05:59 PM

Free speech has it's consequences.

Anybody say [expletive]er in front of me, it's not going to be a debate.

I'm fighting. Period point blank.

Men [expletive] and fight in every species of mammal , this is no different

And you would go to jail. Interesting how these things work. The Supreme Court, the highest court in the country that you live in, ruled that free speech is only limited if it is paired with the intention of violence. I can't burn a cross on your front lawn and say "I'M GOING TO KILL YOU" and call it free speech. Other than that, anything goes!

I think it is a beautiful thing that the Westboro Baptist Church can protest and express themselves without being shot or assaulted. I do not agree with them in any way, they disgust me. But to use violence out of disagreement? Wow.

wKNsigp.png

#12 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,919 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 06:00 PM

calling her a [expletive]er lover is not free speech, its hate speech

Wrong. Hate speech, as ruled by the Supreme Court, is only speech that is paired with the intention of violence. The cited example was somebody burning a cross on another's property while screaming that *they would kill them. That is hate speech.

Edited by -Wade-, January 14, 2014 - 08:43 PM.

wKNsigp.png

#13 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,877 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 06:03 PM

Wrong. Hate speech, as ruled by the Supreme Court, is only speech that is paired with the intention of violence. The cited example was somebody burning a cross on another's property while screaming that would kill them. That is hate speech.

Every thing can't be dictated by a court.

Sure I will get an assault charge for hitting someone in the face, and they will get a life lesson.

The bottom line is I will break the law and  a jaw for the right cause. Saying [expletive]er is the right cause.

If you don't agree that's fine. But many people do.

#14 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,537 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 06:03 PM

ok, i'm not in america i wasn't aware of that. that is a horrible ruling though, i bet if someone says anything anti-Semitic however they will be crucified 

bw1wOGf.png

#15 Warren2ThaG

Warren2ThaG

• 7,484 posts
  • Name:Danny P
  • Fan Since:1992
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 14, 2014 - 06:05 PM

Kanye thinks he can do anything lmao

All About Tha NW

russelwilsonfinalforums.jpg
"It's gonna take the man in me to conquer this insanity..." -Tupac.
-----------------------

#16 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,919 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 06:06 PM

ok, i'm not in america i wasn't aware of that. that is a horrible ruling though, i bet if someone says anything anti-Semitic however they will be crucified 

I don't care what part of the world anyone is in, everyone should be free, regardless of their type of government, to say what they wish without fear of being physically harmed.

wKNsigp.png

#17 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,919 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 06:07 PM

Every thing can't be dictated by a court.

Sure I will get an assault charge for hitting someone in the face, and they will get a life lesson.

The bottom line is I will break the law and  a jaw for the right cause. Saying [expletive]er is the right cause.

If you don't agree that's fine. But many people do.

Some of the first laws in history were based on morals. Law is based on morality. The law in your nation states otherwise. So if you and the other many people who don't agree with the 1st amendment want to change it, then go change the law. But don't get opinions and what is enforced (law) by those you give power to mixed up.

wKNsigp.png

#18 Air Apparent

Air Apparent

• 8,537 posts

Posted January 14, 2014 - 06:08 PM

man's wife and kids are his pride though, and many dudes would lose their [expletive] if someone talked about their family like this

i see your point, not disagreeing completely, but dude shouldn't be surprised, we don't live in fantasy world, we live in the real world, and he was messing with a real ass dude who hasn't been sane lately

Edited by Clutch, January 14, 2014 - 06:09 PM.

bw1wOGf.png

#19 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,097 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Have to disagree with Wade on this one. The courts are pretty pathetic anyway. 

Let's say I'm having lunch with my mother and some Caucasian guy runs up to her, spits in her face, and calls her the "N" word. I strive to be the best Christian I can be...

But the keyword is strive.  

Pau Gasol is GONE

#20 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 5,919 posts

Have to disagree with Wade on this one. The courts are pretty pathetic anyway. 

Let's say I'm having lunch with my mother and some Caucasian guy runs up to her, spits in her face, and calls her the "N" word. I strive to be the best Christian I can be...

But the keyword is strive.  

Spitting in somebody's face is assault. Calling somebody the "N" word is not. Retaliating with physical force is assault.

Care to provide a different example?

Edited by -Wade-, January 14, 2014 - 06:09 PM.

wKNsigp.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users