#1 tsidebotham

tsidebotham

Rookie

• 105 posts
  • Name:Travis
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 13, 2014 - 12:42 PM

The Miami Heat lost two games in a row this weekend, one to the struggling Brooklyn Nets, and seem to be hitting a skid en route to a repeat championship.

The Heat have appeared in three straight NBA Finals, winning back-to-back championships, and LeBron James said he and his teammates are struggling to find motivation this season to complete the three-peat.

Each team the Heat goes against gives the reigning champions their best game, and the Heat are growing tired of the grind, according to CBS Sports.

“It’s a long and grueling season for all of us, not just us because we’re the champs,” James said after Friday night’s loss. “We’ve played a lot of basketball in our four years together. It’s taken a lot of wear and tear on all our bodies. It’s mentally fatiguing. And you just try to find the motivation the best way you can as an individual and as a collective group.”

It’s not time to hit the panic button just yet for the Heat, as the team is dealing with injuries on the front line. They missed three starters due to injuries with Dwyane Wade, Mario Chalmers and Shane Battier all missing time.

“We’re banged up right now,” James said. “We’re not an excuse team right now, but we’ve got three starters [out]. And even though we’ve got a lot of depth, it’s hard to make up for three starters being out, so we could all use a break for sure.”

The Heat will take a trip to the White House on Tuesday, followed by a game against the Wizards on Wednesday night.

http://msn.foxsports...peat-bid-011314

that's cute, Lebron, so 3 of your starters are out? and other than wade, they would likely be bench players on other teams?

my favorite part is that he says "we don't make excuses, but here are my excuses".

And the fact that he says they are having a hard time finding motivation... heart of a champion...

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,602 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 13, 2014 - 12:46 PM

Only three eh? 

Wade DNP because of his body starting to fail him and trying to conserve him for the playoffs apparently.  
I don't even notice when Chalmers doesn't play.  Battier being gone means Beasley has been able to get acclimated a little more.  

They're in a better boat than some other teams I know dealing with injuries. 

Although if they lose a third game in a row I'm almost positive they'll pursue Bynum. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,014 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted January 13, 2014 - 12:53 PM

For an 82 game season, I wouldn't blame any team for coasting. Not to mention they have their injuries here and there, that is somewhat worrisome more than anything. But even with a lengthy losing streak, say 5 or 6, no one would all of a sudden dismiss them as favorites (alongside Indy). Although honestly in such a mediocre conference, how they don't win 70 games is beyond me.

#4 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,121 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 13, 2014 - 01:15 PM

They'd have to waive someone first which Im not positive they are going to do for a player that doesn't fit what they are doing. 

Only three eh? 

Wade DNP because of his body starting to fail him and trying to conserve him for the playoffs apparently.  
I don't even notice when Chalmers doesn't play.  Battier being gone means Beasley has been able to get acclimated a little more.  

Although if they lose a third game in a row I'm almost positive they'll pursue Bynum. 

Only three eh? 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#5 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 13, 2014 - 01:32 PM

Completely normal thing for a 2 time defending champion to go through. Indiana can't buy this though. They need to continue winning games and lock up the 1 seed in the east so they will have homecourt over the Heat in the ECF. It would be much better to have that game 7 in Indiana this tme around.

Edited by LakersChamps243, January 13, 2014 - 01:33 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#6 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 824 posts
  • Fan Since:1990

Posted January 13, 2014 - 02:49 PM

This is why I have the Pacers, barring injuries, taking the East. Any team won't have that same hunger after being in the finals 3 times and winning 2 of them. Paul George, Hibbert, West, they're all hungry right now for a title. Dwyane Wade is limited to playing every other game right now and Dinosaur boy is a 13-5 overrated soft player. It's a testament to LeBron's brilliance that the Heat are still one of the top teams in the NBA right now. Every team except for the Spurs goes through a cycle of winning and losing, and I don't see the Heat winning for much longer.

#7 LakersChamps243

LakersChamps243

5 rings on one hand. Onto the next. Silencing all the haters

• 5,358 posts
  • Name:Stephen
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted January 13, 2014 - 03:02 PM

This is why I have the Pacers, barring injuries, taking the East. Any team won't have that same hunger after being in the finals 3 times and winning 2 of them. Paul George, Hibbert, West, they're all hungry right now for a title. Dwyane Wade is limited to playing every other game right now and Dinosaur boy is a 13-5 overrated soft player. It's a testament to LeBron's brilliance that the Heat are still one of the top teams in the NBA right now. Every team except for the Spurs goes through a cycle of winning and losing, and I don't see the Heat winning for much longer.

It helps that his team plays in the East lol

Edited by LakersChamps243, January 13, 2014 - 03:03 PM.

"Ability may get you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there" - John Wooden

#8 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,544 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 13, 2014 - 05:06 PM

No surprise. Its hard to get to the finals 4 years in a row and trying to 3 peat.

#9 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,121 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 14, 2014 - 07:05 AM

I still think Indy is a team that loses focus easy and is turnover prone.  If there was a year they had a chance this would be it.  If Dwade holds up it I'd still give Miami the advantage.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#10 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,350 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 14, 2014 - 07:13 AM

Geez, now people are reacting like losing a couple games is odd...and their unbelievable win streak from last year is what the team should be doing. Again. Every year. C'mon LeBron, youre LeBron James!

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#11 Hero

Hero

Where imaginations run wild

• 2,579 posts
  • Name:Jerome
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic Johnson

Posted January 14, 2014 - 08:41 AM

I'd wait till the playoffs before I make any conclusions.

spupissuelo.gif

RIP Dad. I miss you so very much...

July 27, 2011 4:00 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lebron, lakers, heat, injuries

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users