9 replies to this topic

#1 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,597 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 09, 2014 - 01:23 AM

Any thoughts on this guy? He sure looks like he could be good, but is he a guy you'd pick in the 8-10 range.

IMO, if the Lakers are considering offering Melo a max, i think Gordon would be the type of guy you'd want. Him and Willie Caulie-Stein.

#2 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 2,436 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 25, 2014 - 07:40 AM

I like him. I see him like Fatied.... He is smart, nice on defense too. He rarely talked about too. He just seems to do the right thing on that Arizona winning team. And plays great pick and roll defense
Posted Image

#3 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,597 posts

Posted January 26, 2014 - 05:10 AM

I like him. I see him like Fatied.... He is smart, nice on defense too. He rarely talked about too. He just seems to do the right thing on that Arizona winning team. And plays great pick and roll defense

I haven't seen too much from Gordon, but all i hear is that he is all about team basketball. Playing within his role, taking the right shots, etc. Sounds like a solid pick in the 5-10 range. 

#4 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 2,436 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 26, 2014 - 12:11 PM

I think he will be a solid player in the league. Add alittle muscle to be able to bang with Blake Griffith and to give Melo some problems. Very athletic. He never does to much and he is willing to learn
Posted Image

#5 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,597 posts

Posted March 27, 2014 - 02:46 AM

vs. Weber State: 16pts, 8reb, 3ast, 5blks, 3TO on 7-11 shooting.

vs. Gonzaga: 18pts, 6reb, 6ast, 4stl, 3TO on 8-10 shooting.

This guy is filling up the stat sheet. I think he could be a very good pro - especially if he played next to the right guy.

#6 bigvee

bigvee

Superstar

• 7,233 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Magic, Shaq

Posted March 27, 2014 - 07:09 AM

He's gonna be very limited offensively in the league. It'll take him a while to be able to develop anything, so I'd pass. He might not even be able to defend as well as most think, as NBA players are mostly just as strong as him, if not stronger.

If he reaches his potential, I see Shawn Marion like everyone else. Let's see where it goes though, it'll be interesting how he reacts to playing with guys as strong as he is.

LeBron James will NOT leave the Miami Heat.

#7 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,597 posts

Posted March 27, 2014 - 10:24 PM

He's gonna be very limited offensively in the league. It'll take him a while to be able to develop anything, so I'd pass. He might not even be able to defend as well as most think, as NBA players are mostly just as strong as him, if not stronger.

If he reaches his potential, I see Shawn Marion like everyone else. Let's see where it goes though, it'll be interesting how he reacts to playing with guys as strong as he is.

I think Gordon could be very succesful, if he's paired with the right guys. Put him next to a Gerald Wallace or Josh Smith and he'd be a disaster, but next to Ryan Anderson or Melo and he could be succesful.

Btw update:

vs. Weber State: 16pts, 8reb, 3ast, 5blks, 3TO on 7-11 shooting.

vs. Gonzaga: 18pts, 6reb, 6ast, 4stl, 3TO on 8-10 shooting.

vs. San Diego: 15pts, 6reb, 2ast, 2blks, 1 TO on 7-9 shooting.

#8 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Sixth Man

• 3,597 posts

Posted March 31, 2014 - 12:22 AM

Last game, Gordon had his worst shooting game of the tournament, scoring only 8pts on 3-11 shooting.

Still, he grabbed 18(!) rebounds, including 6 on the offensive glass and also had 2 ast, 1 stl and 2 blks.

This guy may be a bad shooter, but he sure finds ways to fill up the stat-sheet anyway.

#9 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 4,470 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted March 31, 2014 - 12:53 AM

Good players find a way to contribute.

Very rare to see that in a college freshman. Gordon will be a very very good NBA player, I would still take him 5th in this year's draft.
EAT
SLEEP
CONQUER
REPEAT

#10 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,492 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 31, 2014 - 01:50 AM

Yep and those three shots Gordon made were the last three he took and he looked like he was starting to come on and had just hit a 3 and a put back dunk.   Sadly he never touched the ball again. 

I've always liked Steve Blake.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users