Photo

Heat Or Clippers Winning The Championship: Which would be worse as a Lakers fan?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#1 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,273 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 08, 2014 - 06:37 PM

I was having a conversation with a buddy of mine and we are both Laker fans. We both concluded that the Lakers aren't doing anything and that they should just get a good draft pick. He asked me "since the Lakers ain't winning it who do want to win it?" I said I'd want the Pacers or Portland.

But if it were the NBA finals and the Hea and Clippers both made it, who would you rather win it all? Would you want the Heat to win the championship again and everybody saying that Lebron is better than Kobe ever was and that he is the greatest ever? Or the clippers win it for the first time and all we hear is "CLIPPERS RUN LA!"

Edited by MrKnowItAll, January 08, 2014 - 06:42 PM.

• 40,604 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 06:40 PM

I'd rather the Clippers win cause eventhough hearing that stuff would be a bit annoying, at least I'd definitively know it's not as legitimate (we've still got 16) or strong as the case would be for LeBron vice versa with Kobe & all that other [expletive].

Also, because I feel the Heat are one of the least deserving elite teams out there of it. Still sour & think it's bull[expletive] how LeBron took the easy way out & teamed up with Wade & Bosh and then they basically get the greatest 3PT shooter in the history of the game for free, etc.

yo.

#3 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 6,120 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 08, 2014 - 06:41 PM

Lebron can win every year until the Lakers return for all I care. Last thing the Lakers need is the Clippers busting through and winning a championship.

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#4 David

David

Hall Of Fame

• 9,245 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 06:48 PM

Clippers because we have no rivalry what so ever with Miami. The only reason why they are mentioned is because of LeBron. Period.

KOBE. #VINO. BRYANT.

#5 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,951 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted January 08, 2014 - 06:52 PM

We're not rivals with Miami, and LeBron still has a ways to go to pass Kobe whether they win this year or not.

I can't stand the Clippers and their so called fans that didn't exist 5 years ago, so this one is easy. 

• 40,604 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 06:56 PM

We're not rivals with Miami, and LeBron still has a ways to go to pass Kobe whether they win this year or not.

While I agree with that, sadly the media surely doesn't and again, I would be sick as heck hearing that bull[expletive] nonstop even if I tried to get away from it. Wouldn't be nearly as bad in my opinion the other way with the Clippers & all. Plus, again, I wouldn't be as offended cause there's a way bigger gap there between the Lakers & Clippers (16 championships to what?) as opposed to Kobe & LeBron.

yo.

#7 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted January 08, 2014 - 06:59 PM

Miami can win and it won't bother me for all I care, regardless the media has made up their mind on how great Lebron is, independently of his Finals record. Plus as far as bandwagon fans, they aren't going away anytime soon as long of they have Wade or Lebron.

Most importantly if Lebron gets to 5 or 6 titles, then whatever, it doesn't change my preferences or anything. But if Clippers win, I won't be able to stand the constant discussion of how they are the 'it' team in LA.

#8 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,951 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:01 PM

While I agree with that, sadly the media surely doesn't and again, I would be sick as heck hearing that bull[expletive] nonstop even if I tried to get away from it. Wouldn't be nearly as bad in my opinion the other way with the Clippers & all. Plus, again, I wouldn't be as offended cause there's a way bigger gap there between the Lakers & Clippers (16 championships to what?) as opposed to Kobe & LeBron.

Kobe isn't going to win in the media or with the ESPN shows regardless of what LeBron does. It was like that when LeBron was in still in Cleveland and we were winning titles, so I don't give much attention to what the media says.

#9 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,217 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:05 PM

if the crappers win a Championship I will leave the country for 30 days & that's final!

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#10 Ven

Ven

Chemist

• 3,046 posts
  • Fan Since:1994-5
  • Fav. Laker:Jack

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:25 PM

if the crappers win a Championship I will leave the country for 30 days & that's final!

Where would you go?

#11 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,631 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:30 PM

I don't care, as long as it's not the Celtics.

Keep it in LA I guess and it would be good to see someone else win it for a change.

What rivalry do we have with the Heat? Why do some Lakers fans hate them? I feel like it's just because they're a good team.

#12 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,172 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:31 PM

Lakers will win a championship before the Clippers get their first.

#13 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,908 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:33 PM

Anyone but the Clippers.
iyjywo.jpg

#14 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,428 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:35 PM

Anyone but the Clippers and Celtics.

Added something. 

#15 BlueJab23

BlueJab23

Rookie

• 489 posts
  • Fan Since:Not a Fan
  • Fav. Laker:Not a Fan

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:37 PM

If Miami wins then the LeBron 3 FMVP > Kobe 2 FMVP talk won't end until Kobe wins again.

If Clippers win then you have Clipper fans thinking they own LA. 

Thats tough.

#16 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,106 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:38 PM

The Heat winning doesn't effect us in any way.

The only reason it would is if people think LeBron is coming here if the Heat don't win this year. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

• 40,604 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:39 PM

If Miami wins then the LeBron 3 FMVP > Kobe 2 FMVP talk won't end until Kobe wins again.

If Clippers win then you have Clipper fans thinking they own LA. 

Thats tough.

That's tough? Not for me. There's a difference between Clipper fans "thinking" and knowing. They could never know cause it can never be so, at least not for a long damn while barring some sorta miracle. Until they reach or pass us on 16 championships, I can only laugh at anything they say. That's just me though I guess, according to this thread.

yo.

#18 leor_77

leor_77

Hall Of Fame

• 8,410 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:44 PM

The Heat winning doesn't effect us in any way.

The only reason it would is if people think LeBron is coming here if the Heat don't win this year. 

It does for the people who don't want to see him leap-frog Kobe legacy-wise (Many think he has already, and they have valid points). To me, I root against him, but the damage was already done with him winning two championships, especially by him being dominant in those finals.

I don't care if the Clippers win a championship. To be honest, maybe I will root for them - At the end of the day, they represent Los Angeles. This Lakers team is un-watchable, and if the front office doesn't care, why should I?

• 40,604 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:47 PM

I don't care if the Clippers win a championship. To be honest, maybe I will root for them - At the end of the day, they represent Los Angeles. This Lakers team is un-watchable, and if the front office doesn't care, why should I?

I applaud you for being that honest. It takes some cojones man, especially in a place like this quite obviously. Not one popular opinion right there whatsoever.

yo.

#20 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 6,832 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2014 - 07:52 PM

What would the Heat winning a championship have anything to do with the Lakers?  They have never in history been a rival of the Lakers

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users