Photo

Could Top College Prospects Return to School? Parker to go on Two Year Mormon Mission?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,401 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2014 - 12:48 PM

From Chad Ford's Chat: 

Is there a chance of Wiggins or Parker not declare for this year's draft if the #1 is not guaranteed?

Chad Ford  (1:42 PM)

Yes, I know both players are considering a return to school. Ditto for Embiid. I think it's unlikely for Wiggins and Embiid. Might be a little bit more likely for Parker. And I'm told a Mormon mission still isn't out of the question for him. I asked several GMs about what would happen to his draft stock if he declared for the draft and then said he was going on a two year mission. I was surprised how many of them said they'd still consider him with the No. 1 pick.

Any big name draft prospects seem like they could return for another year of school?

Chad Ford  (1:44 PM)

All of them, so we could go through this fun again next year as well. Wouldn't that be awesome. And wouldn't four or five GMs try to jump off a bridge if that happened?

http://espn.go.com/s...chat/_/id/49772

#2 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,379 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 08, 2014 - 12:50 PM

Parker has already talked about the possibility of him returning for a 2nd year of college if he isn't up to his own standards.   

Embiid I think could benefit from staying a 2nd year.  Wiggins is the one I think is gonna be leaving after 1 year though as he already seems looking forward to it. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#3 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,713 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 08, 2014 - 02:05 PM

We're going to be screwed then.

#4 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,971 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 02:59 PM

I asked about the possibility of Parker going on a missions while back, I don't think I got a response lol.

#5 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,645 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 09, 2014 - 11:30 AM

I asked about the possibility of Parker going on a missions while back, I don't think I got a response lol.

Yea
It was a serious shock
No one could comprehend it

But even if a team had to wait 2 years, grab Parker, and the. You can get more young players to put around him before he arrives

Remember, David Robinson went and had 2 years in the navy before playing in the nba

Hmm...
Jimmer ferdette didn't go a a mission? Did he?

#6 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,869 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 11, 2014 - 02:04 PM

Well, the truth is, I really doubt the Lakers will land Wiggins if Kobe does return...so I'd love to see him and Embiid stay (and, quite frankly, Kansas basketball > Lakers basketball, for me). I value that one national championship over us landing Wiggins or Embiid in the draft because, really, the Lakers have the cap room and the market to win more rings over the next 10-15 years.

But, how crazy would it be to see Wiggins, Embiid and Parker all stay? Wow.

#7 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,379 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 11, 2014 - 02:15 PM

Well, the truth is, I really doubt the Lakers will land Wiggins if Kobe does return...so I'd love to see him and Embiid stay (and, quite frankly, Kansas basketball > Lakers basketball, for me). I value that one national championship over us landing Wiggins or Embiid in the draft because, really, the Lakers have the cap room and the market to win more rings over the next 10-15 years.

But, how crazy would it be to see Wiggins, Embiid and Parker all stay? Wow.

Then it'd be a good idea for the Lakers to invest in some 2015 draft picks, maybe one from a team they expect to do terribly next year.  They may pull that off, strictly because most other teams seem like they're planning for all 3 of these guys to leave.  If the Lakers get a 2015 draft pick from a terrible team and they do stay and that team the Lakers get the draft pick from remains terrible, imagine the position they'd be in while having a good year. 

Edited by Majesty, January 11, 2014 - 02:18 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users