89 replies to this topic

#41 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,426 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2014 - 01:13 PM

Point is you're a Lakers fan. 

If the games only matter to you when they are winning, then that's not being a real fan. 

#42 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 40,049 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 08, 2014 - 01:14 PM

If the games only matter to you when they are winning, then that's not being a real fan.

Truest form WC. 

There have actually been Lakers "fans" this year that were happy when Kobe went down again.. not because they don't "want him to be healthy" but because they think it ensured us a high draft pick...  call it "increasing our tank" ...

Sometimes... sometimes I just wonder about some of these so called 'fans'...

Edited by Majesty, January 08, 2014 - 01:16 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#43 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 14,202 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2014 - 01:19 PM

The point is to get a good draft pick and evaluate the players on hand

#44 jax24

jax24

Starter

• 881 posts
  • Name:Jax
  • Fan Since:1979

Posted January 08, 2014 - 01:25 PM

Why people are up in arms with the way this team is performing baffles me. Look at the players that are out injured and the guys who are playing now. We are playing exactly how I expected. I dont even get mad with these blow out losses.

We have a starting line up of a former washed up All Star big in Pau and a couple former lottery pick discards in Wesley and Kendall. We have a 60th pick at Center who is not an Isaiah Thomas quality last pick. Finally a streaky SG in Meeks who has really shown good improvements to his game this year but he aint no Kobe.

We may have some decent bench guys in Young, Hill and Kaman(if he ever played) however they can only do so much. Kelly is still a prospect.

That team doesnt give me confidence in winning games at all. They will win a few here and there but thats just when everything clicks.

The only factor that keeps me watching currently is seeing if any of our prospects and young talent can develop further. Guys like Marshall, Johnson and Henry have shown some potential to keep. Sacre has shown glimpses and Kelly will get some playing time to determine if he is a long term project.

This team has some individually talented players. What its lacks is a couple of elite or All Star level players to compliment this current roster. Also the coaching situation would change that as well but we all know that.

I also will support and want this team to win, but sometimes you have to find a positive spin on things when we they arent going so great lol.

Edited by jax24, January 08, 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#45 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,534 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted January 08, 2014 - 01:45 PM

Its a down year dude<br />Dont wake up to watch all the games<br />Get your sleep<br />Choose the games you really want to watch and wake for those
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

• 40,556 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 01:58 PM

To secure as good a draft pick in this year's deep draft as possible. That's the only significant positive worth anything at all we can get out of this disastrous joke of a season.

yo.

#47 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,683 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 08, 2014 - 02:11 PM

Thank you WC....
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#48 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,683 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 08, 2014 - 02:18 PM

Truest form WC.

There have actually been Lakers "fans" this year that were happy when Kobe went down again.. not because they don't "want him to be healthy" but because they think it ensured us a draft pick... call it "increasing our tank" ...

Sometimes... sometimes I just wonder about some of these so called 'fans'...

I feel you on this Majesty. As s fan, all I do is eany for the Lakers to be healthy, play hard and compete. I dont wish for any of them to be hurt or to sit out, but to play the game that I as a fan love.
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#49 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,830 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted January 08, 2014 - 02:28 PM

I still watch every game, but yeah the team is tough to watch right now. They weren't very good before the injuries and with the injuries they are horrific. 

Honestly I've been counting down the days to Dodgers season for awhile now. The Lakers are my guys and I'll watch every game I conceivably can this year but the losing does wear on you a bit.

• 40,556 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 02:29 PM

I like baseball and I like the Dodgers, but even when Lakers suck as they do now, I prefer watching that almost any time over a baseball game. There's just so much more action by far consistently no offense.

yo.

#51 CaliforniaSoul

CaliforniaSoul

Off The Bench

• 1,830 posts
  • Name:Mychal
  • Fav. Laker:James Worthy

Posted January 08, 2014 - 02:33 PM

I like baseball and I like the Dodgers, but even when Lakers suck as they do now, I prefer watching that almost any time over a baseball game. There's just so much more action by far consistently no offense.

I agree with you. I'd rather watch a basketball game than any other sport but I really think the Dodgers got a shot at the world series this year so I'm anticipating baseball a lot this year, should be a good year.

#52 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,251 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 08, 2014 - 02:35 PM

I still watch every minute of every game and I wasn't happy went down, I jumped on the "get a high draft pick" bandwagon when we lost to [expletive]ing Utah, Philly and the Bucks. Even in your own words you said "We NEED to go 5-0 or at least 4-1" when speaking about the 5
game stretch after the Miami game. We lost to the worst teams in the league. We're not making the playoffs but I still watch. But now I watch just as fans of the players on our team, I want to see them do well. The more games we lose the closer we are to seeing this excuse for a coach being fired in the offseason and us getting a great building for our team going forward.

Edited by MrKnowItAll, January 08, 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#53 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 6,258 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 08, 2014 - 02:51 PM

3 more weeks until we become watchable again, at least.

#54 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,049 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 02:53 PM

I still watch every minute of every game and I wasn't happy went down, I jumped on the "get a high draft pick" bandwagon when we lost to [expletive]ing Utah, Philly and the Bucks. Even in your own words you said "We NEED to go 5-0 or at least 4-1" when speaking about the 5
game stretch after the Miami game. We lost to the worst teams in the league. We're not making the playoffs but I still watch. But now I watch just as fans of the players on our team, I want to see them do well. The more games we lose the closer we are to seeing this excuse for a coach being fired in the offseason and us getting a great building for our team going forward.

The only thing that gets you closer to seeing D'antoni fired is the date his contract ends.  

Mitch looks at the injuries as reason for our struggle.  If we'd lost to Utah, Philly, Bucks,etc  with only one guy injured then he'd likely be fired.  

But that's not the case. 

#55 Lakers4Life

Lakers4Life

Bleeds Purple & Gold

• 3,269 posts
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 08, 2014 - 02:58 PM

Honestly bad seasons happen... We went to 7 NBA finals and won 5 championships in the last decade. You are spoiled! So just keep supporting and suck it up!

I have a friend who's an Indiana pacers fan and yet he still watches all games even when they were bad for 5-6 years in a row.

Take the bad with the good... You can't stay on top forever...
Laker fan for life.

#56 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,251 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 03:02 PM

The only thing that gets you closer to seeing D'antoni fired is the date his contract ends.

That's what you believe. Not me.

#57 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,049 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 03:06 PM

That's what you believe. Not me.

You believe that Mitch would fire D'antoni because the team is struggling without Kobe, Blake, Farmar and Xavier and Nash? 

If it was just Kobe and Nash that were out, D'antoni's job would be in trouble.  But missing Blake, Farmar and Xavier are factors as well to Mitch.  

#58 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,251 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 03:17 PM

You believe that Mitch would fire D'antoni because the team is struggling without Kobe, Blake, Farmar and Xavier and Nash?

If it was just Kobe and Nash that were out, D'antoni's job would be in trouble. But missing Blake, Farmar and Xavier are factors as well to Mitch.

Did you just hear what you said? You just said that the reason D'Antoni is not out yet is because three bench guys are injured. So Nash, Kobe, Blake, Farmar, and Xavier healthy is gonna fix our defense? Those guys are all offensive players, we just gave up 137 points.

He won't be our coach next year.

#59 Majesty

Majesty

• 40,049 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 03:22 PM

Did you just hear what you said? You just said that the reason D'Antoni is not out yet is because three bench guys are injured. So Nash, Kobe, Blake, Farmar, and Xavier healthy is gonna fix our defense? Those guys are all offensive players, we just gave up 137 points.

He won't be our coach next year.

The only way he isn't our coach next year is if Mitch woo's Popovich. 

Other than that they'll likely wait till his contract ends, which also corresponds with a bunch of other coach's contracts ending whom you could rank higher than D'antoni.   

D'antoni is likely to stay during this transitional period and not be re-upped as the Lakers go after a better coach for their championship run in 2015.    Getting another coach after this season is basically making them a one and a half season rental and paying them millions for it.  

Financially then they'd be paying two coaches at the same time which are no longer here in the span of 3 years.   It would be a stupid financial move, and then they'd be wasting more on a coach that would stay there for a one year transitional season before going after the coach they want for their championship run and paying THAT coach money which would make 4 coaches in 5 years and probably over 20+ million wasted on a transitional period of 2 seasons.  

Do you really think Karl, or Hollins would accept that? 

Edited by Majesty, January 08, 2014 - 03:24 PM.

#60 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,251 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 03:32 PM

The only way he isn't our coach next year is if Mitch woo's Popovich.

Other than that they'll likely wait till his contract ends, which also corresponds with a bunch of other coach's contracts ending whom you could rank higher than D'antoni.

D'antoni is likely to stay during this transitional period and not be re-upped as the Lakers go after a better coach for their championship run in 2015. Getting another coach after this season is basically making them a one and a half season rental and paying them millions for it.

Financially then they'd be paying two coaches at the same time which are no longer here in the span of 3 years. It would be a stupid financial move, and then they'd be wasting more on a coach that would stay there for a one year transitional season before going after the coach they want for their championship run and paying THAT coach money which would make 4 coaches in 5 years and probably over 20+ million wasted on a transitional period of 2 seasons.

Do you really think Karl, or Hollins would accept that?

Dude you are making up stuff and using it as fact. Do you know the Lakers hired D'Antoni for your "transitional period" theory? What makes you think that Karl and Hollins are gonna be the only two coaches worth giving a chance available? I still believe that Phil Jackson, if given a team he wants to coach, could possibly comeback. Also why do you dismiss Thibs? What makes you think he wants to stick around for a rebuild in Chi town?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users