Photo

What is the point right now?

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#21 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,713 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:00 AM

^ Saw that earlier. He should just act confident/serious and say the Rockets need a win. No need for all that.

What? Dwight Howard, confident? Serious?

:laughing:

#22 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,926 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:23 AM

Looks like Dwight made the right decision right about now.

#23 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,204 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:28 AM

I do wonder sometimes how the Rockets would fair without Parsons, Harden, Lin or Beverley at the same time. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#24 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,350 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:32 AM

yes dwight did the right thing...

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#25 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,371 posts
  • Fan Since:93
  • Fav. Laker:Javaris Crittenton

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:32 AM

I'd honestly would love the luxury to watch all 82 games if I could, but unfortunately I have many things going on at the moment. But I still follow the game play the Score center app and Twitter. And for some reason when they announce the Lakers are losing on Twitter it's more bearable to take in instead of watching lol!

#26 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,510 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:36 AM

^ Probably the tune of the alert.

Very upbeat despite the fact the alert being shown is depressing. I can help but smile when I hear it.

MMiRi9s.png

#27 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,371 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:38 AM

^ Probably the tune of the alert.

Very upbeat despite the fact the alert being shown is depressing. I can help but smile when I hear it.

I just tell myself 4 more games lost in a row maybe MDA will get fired

#28 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,510 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:39 AM

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves, lol.

MMiRi9s.png

#29 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,204 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:45 AM

if Blake, Xavier, Kobe, Farmar, Nash were all playing when we lost 8 out of 9 then he would.  

But they weren't so he won't.   Do you think Mitch actually sits back and thinks that another coach changes our fortune with those 5 out at the same time? 

#30 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,371 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:47 AM

if Blake, Xavier, Kobe, Farmar, Nash were all playing when we lost 8 out of 9 then he would.  

But they weren't so he won't.   Do you think Mitch actually sits back and thinks that another coach changes our fortune with those 5 out at the same time? 

Mitch probably does to be honest haha! But its not Mitch its Jim who's holding up his pride.

#31 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,204 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:54 AM

Mitch probably does to be honest haha! But its not Mitch its Jim who's holding up his pride.

I doubt Mitch actually thinks that.

If we'd lost 8 of the last 9 with one injury or so to the roster MDA probably would be fired right now. 

But with the absense of Blake, Farmar, Xavier, Kobe, Nash.  He probably doesn't.   

Should the Rockets fire Mchale if they lost 8 out of 9 games with Beverley, Lin, Harden, Parsons and Jones all out? 

Should the Clippers fire Doc if they lost with Paul, Redick, Crawford, Collison, and Dudley all out? 

How about the Blazers with Lillard, Matthews, Batum, Williams and Robinson out? 

Edited by Majesty, January 08, 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#32 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,371 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 12:02 PM

I doubt Mitch actually thinks that.

If we'd lost 8 of the last 9 with one injury or so to the roster MDA probably would be fired right now. 

But with the absense of Blake, Farmar, Xavier, Kobe, Nash.  He probably doesn't.   

Should the Rockets fire Mchale if they lost 8 out of 9 games with Beverley, Lin, Harden, Parsons and Jones all out? 

Should the Clippers fire Doc if they lost with Paul, Redick, Crawford, Collison, and Dudley all out? 

How about the Blazers with Lillard, Matthews, Batum, Williams and Robinson out? 

Even with those guys out, there teams are still way better than ours.

#33 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,204 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 12:12 PM

Even with those guys out, there teams are still way better than ours.

You think so?   

So the Clippers with a starting lineup of 

Remove Paul, Redick, Crawford, Collison, Dudley from the Clippers you get this 

Starting lineup

Darius Morris

Willie Green

Matt Barnes

Blake Griffin
Deandre Jordan 

Bench

Reggie Bullock

Antawn Jamison
Ryan Hollins
Byron Mullens

Formidable....right?  

Take Beverley, Lin, Harden, Parsons, Jones away from the Rockets you get(And Asik is already injured so) 

Starters: 

Aaron Brooks

Francisco Garcia

Omri Casspi

Donatas Montejunas

Dwight Howard

Bench:

Isaiah Canaan

Robert Covington
Ronnie Brewer
Greg Smith

Wanna keep going? 

Trailblazers without Lilliard, Matthews, Batum, Williams, Robinson becomes this 

Starting: 

Earl watson

Will barton

Dorrell Wright 
Lamarcus Aldridge

Robin Lopez

Bench: 

Allen Crabbe

CJ McCollum
Joel Freeland
Victor Claver
Meyers Leonard

So how do those three teams look now? ;) 

Edited by Majesty, January 08, 2014 - 12:12 PM.

#34 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,879 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 08, 2014 - 12:15 PM

First of all, itt's both. It's Jim's MONEY but Mitch is the GM. He could EASILY quit and get a new job.

That's number one

Number two, name one team  that we lost to, who had less good players than us.

We don't have Dirk, Ty Lawson or these type of guys

Nash and Kobe are out. Period. This is a down year for a great franchise.

You guys act like we're the Nets who were expected to do something ora TEAM with no titles...

Its kind oof a band wagon mentality to attack the team when we are obviously down.

#35 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,350 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 08, 2014 - 12:25 PM

majesty killed it

i love him :bleh:

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#36 Michaelyumm

Michaelyumm

Quick & Easy

• 10,371 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 12:28 PM

One thing though Majesty all those teams have great front court depth

#37 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,204 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 12:37 PM

One thing though Majesty all those teams have great front court depth

Yeah, but that alone wouldn't save them.  They'd get killed on the outside because that is their weak spots. 

The Lakers have a nice little defense around the perimeter but their weakness is and always has been this year, interior so that is where we'll be attacked.   A lot of the good defensive plays we even made last night were from our 1-3 positions and where we got killed were at our 4-5 positions on switches especially.   

So all three of those teams weakness at the perimeter would be exploited about as bad as our interior is exploited :) 

An interior of Deandre Jordan, and Dwight Howard isn't gonna make up for perimeter pain.   Look at last year and see how much Dwight was able to stop when the perimeter D was lacking.   It leads to breakdowns and mismatches.   

So it wouldn't help any of those 3 teams considering the depth they've lost elsewhere and they'd probably lose a majority of their games as well.

#38 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,388 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2014 - 01:07 PM

Yeah, but that alone wouldn't save them.  They'd get killed on the outside because that is their weak spots. 

The Lakers have a nice little defense around the perimeter but their weakness is and always has been this year, interior so that is where we'll be attacked.   A lot of the good defensive plays we even made last night were from our 1-3 positions and where we got killed were at our 4-5 positions on switches especially.   

So all three of those teams weakness at the perimeter would be exploited about as bad as our interior is exploited :) 

An interior of Deandre Jordan, and Dwight Howard isn't gonna make up for perimeter pain.   Look at last year and see how much Dwight was able to stop when the perimeter D was lacking.   It leads to breakdowns and mismatches.   

So it wouldn't help any of those 3 teams considering the depth they've lost elsewhere and they'd probably lose a majority of their games as well.

I still think they'd be able to defeat us with the exception of Portland who would rely on Aldridge too much. Inside shots are much easier to make than outside shots. We are not a great 3-point shooting team. We just take a lot of them. There is a far greater chance Howard, Griffin, or Aldridge could score 5 buckets in a row in the paint than the Lakers scoring 2-5 threes in a row. Their bigs would start to command double teams and they'd simply pass it to a cutter for yet another easy point in the paint. DeJuan Blair of the Mavs was scoring at will in the paint yesterday against us.

Our perimeter defense is not that great. Opposing teams will almost always shoot a better percentage of threes even if they shoot a similar amount. And part of why opposing teams get in the paint so often is because they're blowing past our perimeter D either because they're faster, because of screens, or both. 

#39 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,204 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 01:11 PM

I still think they'd be able to defeat us with the exception of Portland who would rely on Aldridge too much. Inside shots are much easier to make than outside shots. We are not a great 3-point shooting team. We just take a lot of them. There is a far greater chance Howard, Griffin, or Aldridge could score 5 buckets in a row in the paint than the Lakers scoring 2-5 threes in a row. Their bigs would start to command double teams and they'd simply pass it to a cutter for yet another easy point in the paint. DeJuan Blair of the Mavs was scoring at will in the paint yesterday against us.

Our perimeter defense is not that great. Opposing teams will almost always shoot a better percentage of threes even if they shoot a similar amount. And part of why opposing teams get in the paint so often is because they're blowing past our perimeter D either because they're faster, because of screens, or both. 

Yes getting past perimeter D causes bad rotations and mismatches which set up easy shots inside, pretty much what teams did last year to us to take advantage of Dwight wanting to play defense before passing it off for an easy shot inside. 

So tell me, with Darius Morris and Willie Green as your perimeter defense how often are other teams gonna make the front court depth have to rotate over and thus set up an easy shot at the rim for themselves as well? ;)

Same premise my friend.   

Having one good rim protector doesn't save you if your 1-3 is composed of Morris, Green and Barnes, or Brooks, Garcia and Casspi, or Watson Barton and Wright. 

The ease with which they'd get to the basket to cause the over rotation and dish off's would be laughable to be honest in those circumstances. 

#40 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,775 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted January 08, 2014 - 01:12 PM

Injuries are not the sole reason the Lakers suck.  Furthermore, there were a glut of injuries last year and there have been a ton this year.  So is usage a component to the injuries?  Or pace of the game?  MDA runs a fast paced system.  I am not blaming MDA, solely, upon the injuries...but does he have a hand in it?  MDA is not going to make this team a contender.  Even if X, Blake, Kobe, and Nash were healthy, this team would not be good...an eigth seed is not good. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users