89 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,252 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 08, 2014 - 03:22 AM

I know most of you dont feel the same way as I do, but since living here in Cologne and Being a European I am proud of representing the Lakers Nation here in Germany and you all know my roots and Story bout that..

But Its just frustrating man... I have a DAMN Cold and still I have the biggest dedication for waking up every damn night to see them play and still have hope of a streak..but what am I thinking? I mean its all clear.. we will not reach anything this year with that team..

What Im saying or trying to say is that my heart stands over everything when it comes to the Lakers.. when you tell me "OK MANAR THEY PLAY TOMORROW AT 6 AM" [expletive] hell yeah im down! U know? I would still throw my hand in the fire for that team even if we have the badest record in the league.. Its just sick that you have the spirit in waking every night up at 3.30h am or 4.30 am and you know the outcome..you get blown away by the nuggets, lose to the jazz or get beaten up by the mavericks... years ago you were on top with the Lakers, everyone hated you for being the best team and god damn I went to sleep with a freaking smile so I knew waking up the next day we have a 12-5 record or something like that..now its just 12-21 and this just looks so sad to me..

BTW Its more and more clear to me that Kobe Bryant will not come back in february or in march..  I think they really will rest him this season and maybe let him play the last games.. I mean why put him in? its a lost season and its clear we will not even reach something with him

Its just sad and my ambition stands over everything, and I know tonight i will wake up again at 2 am for watching us losing to the Rockets.. isnt it sad that still in my heart there is a pure light of hope... but yeah.. i dont know just wanted to share that with you

TAKE CARE FRIENDS:

lakers for life!

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

BIGGEST LAKERS FAN FROM COLOGNE, GERMANY BABY!!!

#2 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,314 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2014 - 03:38 AM

I know most of you dont feel the same way as I do, but since living here in Cologne and Being a European I am proud of representing the Lakers Nation here in Germany and you all know my roots and Story bout that..

But Its just frustrating man... I have a DAMN Cold and still I have the biggest dedication for waking up every damn night to see them play and still have hope of a streak..but what am I thinking? I mean its all clear.. we will not reach anything this year with that team..

What Im saying or trying to say is that my heart stands over everything when it comes to the Lakers.. when you tell me "OK MANAR THEY PLAY TOMORROW AT 6 AM" [expletive] hell yeah im down! U know? I would still throw my hand in the fire for that team even if we have the badest record in the league.. Its just sick that you have the spirit in waking every night up at 3.30h am or 4.30 am and you know the outcome..you get blown away by the nuggets, lose to the jazz or get beaten up by the mavericks... years ago you were on top with the Lakers, everyone hated you for being the best team and god damn I went to sleep with a freaking smile so I knew waking up the next day we have a 12-5 record or something like that..now its just 12-21 and this just looks so sad to me..

BTW Its more and more clear to me that Kobe Bryant will not come back in february or in march..  I think they really will rest him this season and maybe let him play the last games.. I mean why put him in? its a lost season and its clear we will not even reach something with him

Its just sad and my ambition stands over everything, and I know tonight i will wake up again at 2 am for watching us losing to the Rockets.. isnt it sad that still in my heart there is a pure light of hope... but yeah.. i dont know just wanted to share that with you

TAKE CARE FRIENDS:

lakers for life!

I know what you mean and being in the same time-zone as you, i also have to get up at [expletive]-a.m. to watch games.

I dont mind us losing, as long as i can see that there's a plan in place and young guys are being developed etc. but i must admit it's not getting easier with the decisions that have been made.

Some of the bright spots is all the cast-away players we've managed to round up - Wes, X, Marshall etc.

#3 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,778 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted January 08, 2014 - 03:49 AM

I get your frustration being in the same time zone,or even +1 from you but it is what it is. You don't have to watch every game. Last game I watched was against the Heat for Christmas. Now I just watch the recap in the morning because I won't waste my time and my sleep on D'Antoni. I don't mind the team,they're fighting hard but I can't stand Pringles.

If I lived in the USA I would probably still watch every game,but I don't live there so you gotta make some choices,and there are far more important things to do than lose sleep on this season.

20mike-blog480.jpg

Edited by Lord Flashheart, January 08, 2014 - 03:49 AM.

Impossible is nothing.

#4 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 08, 2014 - 04:11 AM

I gave up last season. It was such a heartbreaking frustration to struggle with such a talented team that I decided not to wake up early in the morning to watch our disgusting team. And right now, there's no point whatsoever, we're tanking and everyone knows it. Next year will be much better for sure and the following seasons too. 

Edited by Nak, January 08, 2014 - 04:11 AM.

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#5 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,252 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 04:30 AM

nice to share these opinion with you

cause we all sitting in the same boat...

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

#6 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,310 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 08, 2014 - 05:08 AM

Unless the NBA pays you to watch games....get sleep when you gotta mayne.

#7 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,101 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 08, 2014 - 06:49 AM

The point is I dont want to die 1st off! But with LAkeshow & NBA this is a yr I def dont care for at all. ITs miserable & I dont even look forward to watching gms anymore with all countless injuries.

Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#8 epicwolf

epicwolf

#1 Clipper hater

• 3,038 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Mamba

Posted January 08, 2014 - 08:00 AM

You are the type of fans I respect more because you are truely a fan. Its unfortnate that most so called "laker fans" on here are not really hardcore fans like you. Not many willing to wake up in the middle of the night to watch a non playoff team play.  Heck I gaurenteed you some fans on this boards don't even watch every single game living in Southern california.  There are so many casual fans in sports that kind of make real fans like you a bad rep. Laker fans are always labeled as bandwagoners mainly because of casual laker fans around. If the team is good, they care. If the team sucks, they got other things to worry about. We live in an area where there are so many things to do here that sports is just something to kill time. I bleed purple and gold but when I told people Im a lakers fan they all think im a bandwagoner.  And when I defend Kobe and praised him a lot more than most fans on here, people said im not a lakers fans but a kobe fan.  Which is not true. If you read on most of the responses from so called "laker fans" most of them are not really hardcore fans. They care more about their opinions on the team than the actual team itself.  They care more about being right with their opinions rather than seeing the team successful.  But that is the world we live in.  So I do respect you for being so loyal to a fault.   I am a 49ers fan and trust me I had to go through 7 to 8 years of sucking after Young retired but now they are good and it just felt so much nicer to stick with a team even if they suck. So i understand your fustration but just stick to the lakers and be loyal to them. Brighter days will come because this is the Los Angeles lakers for crying out loud. Not the Knicks or the Cubs that suck for years.

MDA is an offensive genius. I hope he sticks to his guns and keeps doing what he does best: Run and Gun. That's the only way to coach.

#9 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,000 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999

Posted January 08, 2014 - 08:11 AM

Just go to sleep

Pau Gasol is GONE

#10 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 800 posts
  • Fan Since:started watching NBA

Posted January 08, 2014 - 08:33 AM

Don't loose any sleep. Go to bed relax. There are much bigger problems than Lakers losing, this should definitely not be something worth losing sleep over. I say get plenty of good night's rest, catch up on the news, higlights, interviews next morning.

Take care of your health, family, & work first mate :)

If anyone should lose sleep over Lakers losing, it should be the Lakers Management and players; not us fans. Remember, sports is an entertainment industry. Take care buddy :)

Edited by Mastas, January 08, 2014 - 08:35 AM.

#11 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,252 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 08:36 AM

You are the type of fans I respect more because you are truely a fan. Its unfortnate that most so called "laker fans" on here are not really hardcore fans like you. Not many willing to wake up in the middle of the night to watch a non playoff team play.  Heck I gaurenteed you some fans on this boards don't even watch every single game living in Southern california.  There are so many casual fans in sports that kind of make real fans like you a bad rep. Laker fans are always labeled as bandwagoners mainly because of casual laker fans around. If the team is good, they care. If the team sucks, they got other things to worry about. We live in an area where there are so many things to do here that sports is just something to kill time. I bleed purple and gold but when I told people Im a lakers fan they all think im a bandwagoner.  And when I defend Kobe and praised him a lot more than most fans on here, people said im not a lakers fans but a kobe fan.  Which is not true. If you read on most of the responses from so called "laker fans" most of them are not really hardcore fans. They care more about their opinions on the team than the actual team itself.  They care more about being right with their opinions rather than seeing the team successful.  But that is the world we live in.  So I do respect you for being so loyal to a fault.   I am a 49ers fan and trust me I had to go through 7 to 8 years of sucking after Young retired but now they are good and it just felt so much nicer to stick with a team even if they suck. So i understand your fustration but just stick to the lakers and be loyal to them. Brighter days will come because this is the Los Angeles lakers for crying out loud. Not the Knicks or the Cubs that suck for years.

you so damn right

truely!

LAKERS FOR LIFE!

#12 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Starter

• 5,440 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 08, 2014 - 08:39 AM

So not waking up in the middle of the night and losing sleep makes you a casual fan?  Maybe some of us are adults and family men that don't have time to immerse ourselves in the world of Lakerdom all day everyday.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#13 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,818 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 08:40 AM

Go to bed lol.

Marshall
Meeks
Johnson
Hill
Gasol

Is not worth waking up to.

#14 Mastas

Mastas

Rookie

• 800 posts
  • Fan Since:started watching NBA

Posted January 08, 2014 - 09:00 AM

So not waking up in the middle of the night and losing sleep makes you a casual fan? Maybe some of us are adults and family men that don't have time to immerse ourselves in the world of Lakerdom all day everyday.

Lol... made me giggle. Yes, you are absolutely correct. I do not believe there exists a direct correlation between the amount of time you dedicate to a particular team to the number of hours a day or hierarchy In priorities. It all depends on your age, family, work, & other responsibilities.

Just because someone is not dedicating a large amount of time from their course of day does not not make them a dedicated fan. Also, just because someone watches games and follows teams in depth does not make them a hard core fan either (ex: sports analaysts, some kid who is on break and has nothing else to do)

As life progresses there are bigger priorities that come up. So in that theory, yes, we might statistically be a "lesser fan" of Lakers/a particular sports team, in the grand scheme of things.

Edited by Mastas, January 08, 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#15 MambaMentality

MambaMentality

Rookie

• 135 posts
  • Fan Since:1994

Posted January 08, 2014 - 09:04 AM

Damn manaro, when I read this I thought you were going to murk yourself. Stay strong man, everything will be ok. Maybe you and epicwolf can cuddle to fall asleep.

Edited by MambaMentality, January 08, 2014 - 09:06 AM.

#16 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,283 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 09:33 AM

Much respect for you on waking up that early to watch Laker games in an era in which we are mightily losing.

With that said, I'd rather get my sleep in. This year is an experimental/developmental year. This team is not making it into the playoffs, especially when you consider the myriad of injuries. And if it did, there would be no point since we'd get swept out of the first round and deprive ourselves the chance of attaining a high pick in one of the deepest drafts in 2014.

If you're watching games, you can't watch with the mentality that the Lakers must win. You have to watch young guys improve (Marshall's worth as a future PG, Sacre's interior defense, Kelly's 3-point shooting) and see where our weaknesses lie (perimeter and interior defense, rebounding, free throws). Then we'll have a better idea on who to keep going forward, who to cut, and which players we should aim for in free agency and the draft.

I would just wait for the highlights to come out after each game. Or read the analyses some of our members write about after the game. I'm not saying you have to skip every game, but you'll be tiring yourself out if you continue to watch every Laker game with mostly the same results.

Edited by Clutch Factor, January 08, 2014 - 09:34 AM.

#17 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,816 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 08, 2014 - 09:56 AM

I watch games to help me GET TO SLEEP!

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Nope), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Still waiting, wow)

#18 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Zankyou no Terror

• 8,388 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 10:18 AM

"Live life to the fullest."

- Mike Smith

MMiRi9s.png

#19 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,872 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 08, 2014 - 10:29 AM

Well someone else is enjoying sleep at the Lakers expense

When the word "Lakers" was mentioned by a reporter at Rockets shootaround Wednesday, Dwight Howard pretended to snore.

have fun. 

Edited by Majesty, January 08, 2014 - 10:29 AM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#20 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,283 posts

Posted January 08, 2014 - 10:33 AM

^ Saw that earlier. He should just act confident/serious and say the Rockets need a win. No need for all that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users