32 replies to this topic

#21 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,206 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:39 PM

This wasn't a doorway for you to start up your pro-D'Antoni rants or some other falderall you feel fit to try and sell. They were healthy yes, because it was a time and space where everything fell into place. However, that time has passed and the system you (and apparently the Lakers) are so in love with has proven two other times, after that team got run into the ground by stronger systems and coaches that it does not work and it runs players into the ground.

Phoenix was lightning in a bottle (mostly due to Nash being at the top of his game), not the consistent truth.

You asked for opinion, I gave you mine based on history and knowledge of injuries and how professional sports work.

Falderal has been called, almost certainly a first for this message board. Also, everything in your post is the truth that nobody on this board wants to accept. The Lakers run a system that cannot win. Couple that with the amount of talent the Lakers have and they have no prayer of overcoming this terrible system.

#22 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,866 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:43 PM

What u deem a pro-D'Antoni rant is simply giving you the truth.

I didn't ask for a pro-Popovich stance.

Duncan, Parker and Manu are hurt every singles season. 

#23 TronVader

TronVader

Rookie

• 279 posts
  • Name:Tron
  • Fan Since:Conception
  • Fav. Laker:KB24

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:46 PM

folderol 

just sayin.

Imagine an strange child who's punching you and your expecting to beat that if you will get serious

Wut

#24 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,206 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2014 - 08:04 PM

folderol 

just sayin.

I think it is one of those words that can be spelled multiple ways, folderol or falderal have the same meaning as far as I know, of course I haven't been in college for quite some time, so who knows how kids are spelling it these days.  Not that it matters. :)

#25 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,911 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 07, 2014 - 01:00 AM

It's not a pro-Popovich stand its the difference in the situation. Yep, they're hurt every season and yet the Spurs NEVER have these kinds of problems do they? Nope. There's a reason for that and it's not blind luck.

Also a pro-Popvoch stance actually has positive results and rings behind it. Moving on...

You and your making an argument out of every single thing man - jeez.

#26 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,138 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 07, 2014 - 03:55 AM

Players can bounce back, but the odds aren't good.  And since Farmar has already re-aggravated his injury this quickly, it's not a good sign.

Also, Popovich's system and style don't run players into the ground for the sake of higher scores.  That makes a huge difference.  This system is unstructured and far too loose for players to not over-exert themselves.  You run Ginobili in this ragtag ridiculousness and his injury would remain chronic as well.

Anyone played in this system is mis-used.  It's basketball for infants, no structure no system, just run fast and shoot.  That's not going to help any player succeed for anything longer than the short term.  this is now the 4th team it's been seen on, same results every time.

I dunno. Its not like guys are playing both ends of the floor, or 35 + mins. Defense has a way of tiring you out more than offense. They don't even rebound. Different lineups all the time...this is a bad team thats been dealt a worse (injury) hand.  But over exertion? 

Edited by kball, January 07, 2014 - 03:58 AM.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#27 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 10,911 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 07, 2014 - 11:24 AM

No discipline / free wheeling offense puts players Ina a panic on both ends.

That leads to over-exertion. Economy of movement and crisp ball movement is one element that makes the triangle work so well.

Let the ball do the work for you, not run around like chickens without heads. It's a system built for kids, not professionals.

The last thing a team that has trouble playing together or has a lot of youth needs is undisciplined play.

#28 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,866 posts

Posted February 11, 2014 - 10:32 AM

Xavier aint coming back, huh?

#29 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,770 posts

Posted February 11, 2014 - 12:51 PM

What do you mean he isn't coming back ???,:s

#30 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,033 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted February 11, 2014 - 01:00 PM

Xavier participates in shootaround and goes full bore by himself at times.  

he and Kobe shall be re-evaluated after all-star break as well as Gasol. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#31 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,749 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 11, 2014 - 01:04 PM

I have to strongly disagree with this.  Not an MDA supporter but his offensive principles have been adopted by other coaches around the league.  The problem with MDA is that he isn't a very good communicator and not very defensive minded.  Probably would be great as an assistant.  This team simply just does not have the talent to say that MDA is the problem as a whole.  Don't think he's a great coach but I also can't sit here and be upset and act like he's responsible for the team being trash.  If any other team had this lineup we'd expect the same results.

No discipline / free wheeling offense puts players Ina a panic on both ends.

That leads to over-exertion. Economy of movement and crisp ball movement is one element that makes the triangle work so well.

Let the ball do the work for you, not run around like chickens without heads. It's a system built for kids, not professionals.

The last thing a team that has trouble playing together or has a lot of youth needs is undisciplined play.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#32 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,866 posts

Posted February 11, 2014 - 01:07 PM

That's gonna be perceived as a pro-D'Antoni sentiment.

#33 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,749 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted February 11, 2014 - 05:05 PM

You know I don't care.  If they can't see the roster for what it is oh well.

That's gonna be perceived as a pro-D'Antoni sentiment.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users