bw1wOGf.png

#22 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,710 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 06, 2014 - 03:13 AM

This team deserves all the humiliation thrown their way.  When you play / coach like this, respect ain't happening.

Said best. Mosgev was killing us too. Mosgev?!?

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (looks pretty good so far), 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of, Davis, nice upside!), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#23 Mr Terrific

Mr Terrific

Dwight Howard Is A Wanker!

• 7,214 posts
  • Name:Prince George
  • Fan Since:2014
  • Fav. Laker:Prince & The Revolution

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:00 AM

I used to watch Nate on TV Land...

FACEBOOK MR TERRIFIC HD Bottom Line Is We're Gonna Win With You Or Without You And If You Don't Get That, Then It's Best You Go Somewhere Else--Dean Smith

#24 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,597 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:04 AM

I saw one scrub player on a sub .500 team dunk on another scrub player on a sub .500 team. And then I saw a guy hanging on the rim in efforts to help justify his play as an accomplishment that actually mattered. Thats the reality in what I saw.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#25 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,876 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:31 AM

Speaks more about this team than Nate. Good or him. Take us to the tank mda.

#26 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Off The Bench

• 1,767 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:53 AM

The statistician probably gave the Lakers an assist on each of those dunks. Yes, it was that easy!

#27 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,198 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 06, 2014 - 08:09 AM

I just don't understand the purpose of the thread. Issue with what? Nothing happened.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#28 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,710 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 06, 2014 - 08:19 AM

We're now like the horrible clippers of old. Come see the stars and role players on the other team embarrass our guys nightly!!! Its Fannntastic. Dyan Cannon is throwing up in her mouth a little. (edit...surgically repaired mouth)

Edited by kball, January 06, 2014 - 08:20 AM.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (looks pretty good so far), 2. High Draft Pick (Randle...injured game #1.*sigh*) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of, Davis, nice upside!), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#29 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,876 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted January 06, 2014 - 09:20 AM

It will get worse.

#30 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,472 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2014 - 09:32 AM

We're now like the horrible clippers of old. Come see the stars and role players on the other team embarrass our guys nightly!!! Its Fannntastic. Dyan Cannon is throwing up in her mouth a little. (edit...surgically repaired mouth)

Look on the bright side, I was able to afford great Clippers seats to see some huge stars play against them as a server in college, if the Lakers are going to suck, and it looks like they are, at least we can afford to see some great and not so great players beat up on them.

#31 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,169 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2014 - 09:40 AM

It's like a dunk contest at Staples Center every game.

Lebron James, Evan Turner, Nate Robinson, etc. 

More entertaining than watching the Lakers play.

Edited by Clutch Factor, January 06, 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#32 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,481 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 06, 2014 - 09:51 AM

I never understand how fans say 'we' when the tea is good or great and "them" or 'The Lakers' when we struggle.

#33 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,169 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 09:59 AM

I never understand how fans say 'we' when the tea is good or great and "them" or 'The Lakers' when we struggle.

I use them interchangeably. No correlation with our current state/record.

#34 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,970 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 06, 2014 - 10:08 AM

hahahaha. for real though. i seriously try to say the Lakers. i feel like we is saying as if i am on the team. 3

The Lakers just dont have enough juice to get down in the trenches like they earlier in the season.

#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#35 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,481 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 06, 2014 - 10:15 AM

When you think about THIS team, with these players

No Blake- toughest player on our team next to Kobe

Farmar- two time champ and overall competitor

Kobe-obviously

Now you have guys either USED to losing or who are just happy to be given an opportunity

#36 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,169 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 10:20 AM

When you think about THIS team, with these players

No Blake- toughest player on our team next to Kobe

Farmar- two time champ and overall competitor

Kobe-obviously

Now you have guys either USED to losing or who are just happy to be given an opportunity

That doesn't excuse the team from letting the Nuggets score 137 points on our home court. That doesn't excuse the team from not playing a lick of defense the second half. That doesn't excuse the team from letting a 5'9 guy get THREE offensive rebounds and dunks in the 4th quarter. 

#37 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,069 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 06, 2014 - 10:45 AM

team needs to box out more.  For once Pau was actually fighting for offensive rebounds last night while others stood still.  Even Hill wasn't boxing out and keeps looking like he's hurt.  Not the energy guy we're used to.  

9 offensive rebounds for the team last night and 5 of them were from Pau Gasol.    Nate's three dunks were because no one boxed out like had been going on the entire game as Denver killed us on second chance points that eventually lead to threes or put backs. 

Our guys have to box out or stuff like that is going to happen, they shouldn't need to be told to box out either. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#38 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,169 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 11:02 AM

team needs to box out more.  For once Pau was actually fighting for offensive rebounds last night while others stood still.  Even Hill wasn't boxing out and keeps looking like he's hurt.  Not the energy guy we're used to.  

9 offensive rebounds for the team last night and 5 of them were from Pau Gasol.    Nate's three dunks were because no one boxed out like had been going on the entire game as Denver killed us on second chance points that eventually lead to threes or put backs. 

Our guys have to box out or stuff like that is going to happen, they shouldn't need to be told to box out either. 

We were also leaving them wide open on midrange shots. That itself can be a strategy against certain players and teams. But if you're leaving them open and separate players are swishing midrange shots, you need to tighten up the D.

Regardless, it was fun seeing Marshall dishing out assists and Sacre developing on both ends of the floor. I believe Sacre was a quiet 6-6 from the field. By the end of the season we'll see who we need to keep and who needs to be cut.

Edited by Clutch Factor, January 06, 2014 - 11:03 AM.

#39 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,069 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 06, 2014 - 11:11 AM

We were also leaving them wide open on midrange shots. That itself can be a strategy against certain players and teams. But if you're leaving them open and separate players are swishing midrange shots, you need to tighten up the D.

Regardless, it was fun seeing Marshall dishing out assists and Sacre developing on both ends of the floor. I believe Sacre was a quiet 6-6 from the field. By the end of the season we'll see who we need to keep and who needs to be cut.

yep Sacre had 15 points.  He played well and is coming along very well.  Marshall seems to be working well with these guys.   

It's fun watching Marshall cause he gets guys a lot of easy looks and opportunities inside and outside, we shot 47% as a team despite shooting 14% from three even Meeks shot over 50% from the field despite going 0-3 from three.   

Best case scenario is that when Farmar returns he goes back to the bench and Marshall remains the starter.   We're a night and day different team when Marshall is in.

One's gotta wonder how Farmar must be feeling right now though.  Finally has his chance to start as the Lakers pg, gets hurt and now watches Marshall pretty much take his starting spot for the forseeable future (he must stay healthy!) =P    Farmar is better as a spark plug off the bench anyway then his ball stopping tendencies won't stop the starting lineup from getting on a roll. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#40 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,169 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 11:20 AM

yep Sacre had 15 points.  He played well and is coming along very well.  Marshall seems to be working well with these guys.   

It's fun watching Marshall cause he gets guys a lot of easy looks and opportunities inside and outside, we shot 47% as a team despite shooting 14% from three even Meeks shot over 50% from the field despite going 0-3 from three.   

Best case scenario is that when Farmar returns he goes back to the bench and Marshall remains the starter.   We're a night and day different team when Marshall is in.

One's gotta wonder how Farmar must be feeling right now though.  Finally has his chance to start as the Lakers pg, gets hurt and now watches Marshall pretty much take his starting spot for the forseeable future (he must stay healthy!) =P    Farmar is better as a spark plug off the bench anyway then his ball stopping tendencies won't stop the starting lineup from getting on a roll. 

Assuming all of our point guards come back, how do you see the new depth chart? I don't see Nash playing next year. If he comes back, it'll be this year to finish his basketball career on good terms.

Farmar's hamstring injury worries me. I hope it doesn't begin to become a recurrent problem. I'd like for Farmar to stay since he's our most athletic and fastest PG as well as being our best defender at the position. Also, he's able to create his own shot and his chemistry with Young and the bench was superb. 

Between Blake and Marshall, I don't know yet. Blake's obviously better offensively with his threes and he can be a pesky defender. He also has playoff experience. Problem is, he's 33 and has been injury prone. Marshall has been dishing out assists, but he's also played heavy minutes being our only legit PG. But when you factor in how little time he has spent with the team, he seems like the better facilitator. And he can be our future (not exactly starter) PG considering he's only 22.

I think this team needs one more athletic PG that can defend. Bledsoe would be perfect, but it will be nearly impossible to attain him since the Suns will match any offer. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users