17 replies to this topic

#1 la1904

la1904

Rookie

• 194 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, swaggy p

Posted January 04, 2014 - 03:27 PM

This could be a meaningless post but.....

Outta the past 10 years (non big games like kobe-shaq , kobe-lebron)

I have never seen the fans in the area show so much love.  I would remember them being spoiled and quite, as if every game wasn't entertaining or didn't matter.  I even went to the 2010 play off vs thunder first round and the crowds energy was low. Is it me or is the home games energy crazy this season? i just wanted to give them props for giving our team true love this season. It makes the games so much more fun to watch! Even our music is better this year, and we stop doing that LAME " DAAAY OOO, WOO WOO"

#2 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,273 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 04, 2014 - 03:32 PM

Perhaps because this team never backs down despite being so depleted. We've overachieved by defeating quality teams like the Clippers and Rockets (although this was on the road) while coming close to the Spurs, Trailblazers, and Heat.

I hope I get the chance to watch a game live at Staples Center sometime in my lifetime.

Edited by Clutch Factor, January 04, 2014 - 03:32 PM.

#3 MadSci

MadSci

Stay Gold

• 4,752 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 04:21 PM

Luckily the games I've been to at Staples have all been pretty crazy, I think fans are feeling more passionate about this season due to the media and others having such low expectations for this team. 

The North Remembers

#4 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,180 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 04, 2014 - 04:48 PM

Perhaps because this team never backs down despite being so depleted. We've overachieved by defeating quality teams like the Clippers and Rockets (although this was on the road) while coming close to the Spurs, Trailblazers, and Heat.

I hope I get the chance to watch a game live at Staples Center sometime in my lifetime.

And underachieving by pulling off the back to back to back losses against Utah, Philly, and Milwaukee. That is what inconsistent (bad) teams do. Occasionally beat good teams, occasionally lose to bad teams, lose against a majority of the decent teams and end up at a little below or above .500 for the season. I do like how they play, but their roster, even healthy, is pretty bad. How it is now, every win is a big one.

#5 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,273 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 04:51 PM

And underachieving by pulling off the back to back to back losses against Utah, Philly, and Milwaukee. That is what inconsistent (bad) teams do. Occasionally beat good teams, occasionally lose to bad teams, lose against a majority of the decent teams and end up at a little below or above .500 for the season. I do like how they play, but their roster, even healthy, is pretty bad. How it is now, every win is a big one.

I agree. We need a healthy roster, a coach that preaches defense, and a defensive anchor to remain consistent. D'antoni's system can make you blow out the Heat and lose to the Bucks the following game.

#6 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,793 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 04, 2014 - 07:36 PM

Are we even watching the same team? Zero effort on defense makes this team a chore to watch, not fun to watch.

Everything about the team and staples is worse this year imo. roster, pregame music, organ every possession, flashing lights, food, parking getting harder/more expensive. Major let down in all areas.  Oh and the price of tickets went up...again.

Fans have always been low energy except during big games and playoffs. I feel no difference this year. Been to 4 games

Edited by kball, January 04, 2014 - 07:41 PM.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Nope), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Still waiting, wow)

#7 UKUGA

UKUGA

All-Star

• 5,907 posts
  • Name:UKUGA
  • Fan Since:1981
  • Fav. Laker:Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Posted January 04, 2014 - 07:40 PM

Is it possible, that given the team that's on the court, you see more people showing up at games who haven't been able to attend games much in recent years?

If I had never been to a Lakers game before (especially if it was due to finances/limited ticket availability), and you let me in now, I would definitely be proud to cheer for this team, as they definitely play hard.  

www.twitter.com/ukuga

#8 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,273 posts

Posted January 04, 2014 - 07:45 PM

Is it possible, that given the team that's on the court, you see more people showing up at games who haven't been able to attend games much in recent years?

If I had never been to a Lakers game before (especially if it was due to finances/limited ticket availability), and you let me in now, I would definitely be proud to cheer for this team, as they definitely play hard.  

I was thinking the same. But someone mentioned how the price of tickets have went out. However, perhaps tickets get sold out less quickly (hence more ticket availability) and the ones that haven't been to Lakers game before have been now attending them.

#9 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,096 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 05, 2014 - 12:40 AM

Why topic for wack season?
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#10 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,793 posts

Posted January 05, 2014 - 04:42 AM

I was thinking the same. But someone mentioned how the price of tickets have went out. However, perhaps tickets get sold out less quickly (hence more ticket availability) and the ones that haven't been to Lakers game before have been now attending them.

I've been told at the most per game there are like 1500 seats available that aren't presold to season seat holders.  But for sure the secondary market is a buyers market this year. Nobody really wants to go see this team as currently constructed and playing that have been longtime seat holders. They just go out of habit.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Nope), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Still waiting, wow)

#11 la1904

la1904

Rookie

• 194 posts

Posted January 05, 2014 - 05:42 AM

I'm sure you will. hopefully while kobe still playing

Are we even watching the same team? Zero effort on defense makes this team a chore to watch, not fun to watch.

Everything about the team and staples is worse this year imo. roster, pregame music, organ every possession, flashing lights, food, parking getting harder/more expensive. Major let down in all areas.  Oh and the price of tickets went up...again.

Fans have always been low energy except during big games and playoffs. I feel no difference this year. Been to 4 games

Yes i went to the xmas game this year ( Thinking kobe was gonna break out) and the crowd was way more energy than last year, or when i went to the first round of playoff a few years back.  I think its because this team truly gives their all every night unlike pass seasons and as noknife said every win is a big one.

I also wanted to get all your guys thoughts on this but forgot to add it.

Once a ave player or a no name comes too the lakers. They always have their best season. Right?  Something about the purple n gold brings out the best in players ( besides playing with Kobe n pau makes the game more easy). From Pau, Ariza, Clark, henry, meeks. farmar, shannon brown, ect.

i mean what are the players doing that left the lakers after break out years? 

I love how this jersey bring out the best in people. This  team this season Respects and are honored  to play for the best team in NBA history.

#12 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,793 posts

Posted January 05, 2014 - 10:07 AM

I'm sure you will. hopefully while kobe still playing

Yes i went to the xmas game this year ( Thinking kobe was gonna break out) and the crowd was way more energy than last year, or when i went to the first round of playoff a few years back.  I think its because this team truly gives their all every night unlike pass seasons and as noknife said every win is a big one.

I also wanted to get all your guys thoughts on this but forgot to add it.

Once a ave player or a no name comes too the lakers. They always have their best season. Right?  Something about the purple n gold brings out the best in players ( besides playing with Kobe n pau makes the game more easy). From Pau, Ariza, Clark, henry, meeks. farmar, shannon brown, ect.

i mean what are the players doing that left the lakers after break out years? 

I love how this jersey bring out the best in people. This  team this season Respects and are honored  to play for the best team in NBA history.

The xmas game was a good one. I went also.Even appreciated the christmas music they used instead of the normal music they use. But the loudest i heard the crowd during the game was Lebrons 2 amazing fastbreak dunks off incredible passes. That and the crowd, plus me, was impressed the lakers made a game of it. And Kobe was already reinjured by that point so i was downbeat. And the hot turkey sandwich i bought for 12 bucks was cold turkey... and the bread was rock hard. Fail. 

#13 la1904

la1904

Rookie

• 194 posts

Posted January 05, 2014 - 02:38 PM

The xmas game was a good one. I went also.Even appreciated the christmas music they used instead of the normal music they use. But the loudest i heard the crowd during the game was Lebrons 2 amazing fastbreak dunks off incredible passes. That and the crowd, plus me, was impressed the lakers made a game of it. And Kobe was already reinjured by that point so i was downbeat. And the hot turkey sandwich i bought for 12 bucks was cold turkey... and the bread was rock hard. Fail. 

hahaha I stuck with the pretzel. and yes i agree. The first one seem the loudest too. even more than the off the back broad. When swaggy hit that jumper on born the dude next to me turn purple tho.

great info on the "hot" turkey

#14 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,793 posts

Posted January 05, 2014 - 03:06 PM

hahaha I stuck with the pretzel. and yes i agree. The first one seem the loudest too. even more than the off the back broad. When swaggy hit that jumper on born the dude next to me turn purple tho.

great info on the "hot" turkey

Just make sure if you want turkey to get it at the food vendor near aisle 10, where they carve it warm, NOT AT THE WHISTLE STOP which was awful.  Also for the same price or a little cheaper, in LA LIVE down figuroa a 1/2 bock there's a Lawry's Carver that makes a better sammich. When Staples opened in '99 there were next to no food options to arena food except the pantry and a couple hotels. Now there are so many options within 2 blocks which explains why almost no one is in line at the food stations inside anymore.

#15 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,656 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 05, 2014 - 03:14 PM

i will be reppin in full effect tonight

#16 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,793 posts

Posted January 05, 2014 - 04:04 PM

Have fun. Both teams are unrecognizable from previous years though

#17 la1904

la1904

Rookie

• 194 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:08 AM

damn . it must have sucked to think there was a good game then that 3rd quarter. I think there was boo's too. but you got a half of a good game in, alot better than nothing.

#18 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 9,317 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted January 06, 2014 - 01:14 PM

People do tend to root for the underdog. 

veqdeg.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users