Photo

Nash leaves game vs. Jazz, only played due to roster depletion; ruled OUT for OKC game

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#61 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,552 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 27, 2014 - 04:51 PM

Tweaked his back? How? So easily?

Probably getting out of his bed :)old man Nash haha

Edited by Ham, January 27, 2014 - 04:51 PM.

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#62 MaceWindu

MaceWindu

Rookie

• 1,157 posts
  • Fan Since:Hector was a pup
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted January 27, 2014 - 05:45 PM

So he has a back injury and now he suffers a minor setback because he tweaked his back? Yet according to sources the two are not related. Something is not adding up.

#63 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,919 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 27, 2014 - 05:58 PM

A medical retirement would be best for the Lakers.  That 3.25M a year could go a long way in the next 3 years.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#64 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,419 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 27, 2014 - 06:01 PM

A Medical retirement is going to happen.  No doubt in my mind at this point.  

Must suck for Nash that he goes through all these weeks of prep and then tweaks his back before his first practice.

Reminds me of being a Junior in High school and doing everything and months of prep during the summer so I can to get my body right for basketball tryouts, I finally get my physical done and my chance that day to go out for the team and I dance in celebration(an A town stomp) which then blew out my knee.... 

That's probably how Nash feels right about now. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#65 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,902 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 27, 2014 - 07:28 PM

Seems like a minor tweak. Let him play

#66 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,919 posts

Posted January 27, 2014 - 07:52 PM

Lmao at minor tweak for a guy that hasn't played in 2.5 months

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#67 trillionaire

trillionaire

Rookie

• 104 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 27, 2014 - 08:22 PM

Nash gotta go man....him and dantoni....

#68 trillionaire

trillionaire

Rookie

• 104 posts
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 27, 2014 - 08:23 PM

We should have kept sessions! Lol

#69 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,393 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted January 27, 2014 - 08:36 PM

he is still getting payed so it works for both sides

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#70 la1904

la1904

Rookie

• 210 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, swaggy p

Posted January 27, 2014 - 09:40 PM

He played well vs the rockets.. I saw something in him but can he play a half season? wouldn't mind finding out.

#71 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,294 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 27, 2014 - 11:07 PM

Hope he can finish out the season strong and on a positive note. Would be dope to have hme come off the bench dropping 10 assist then have Marshall 10 assist .
Posted Image

#72 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,713 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted January 27, 2014 - 11:10 PM

He played well vs the rockets.. I saw something in him but can he play a half season? wouldn't mind finding out.

Can he EVEN come back? Can he come back and actually play?

#73 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,488 posts
  • Fan Since:1998

Posted January 28, 2014 - 09:46 AM

Lakers' Steve Nash tweaks back
Updated: January 27, 2014, 7:05 PM ET
By Ramona Shelburne | ESPNLosAngeles.com

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. -- Los Angeles Lakers point guard Steve Nash will not return to the court Tuesday night against the Indiana Pacers, as he had initially targeted.

The veteran guard had hoped to practice Monday and be cleared to return from nerve root irritation in his back that has kept him out for all but six games this season, but suffered a minor, unrelated tweak in his back before practice and was not able to participate.

[+] Enlargenba_g_nash_300x300.jpg
Andrew D. Bernstein/NBAE/Getty ImagesSteve Nash tweaked his back Monday, keeping him from returning to practice.

The Lakers say the future Hall of Famer will try to practice again Thursday with the hopes of playing in Friday's game against the Charlotte Bobcats.

Nash, 39, had spent the past two weeks working with his personal trainer in Vancouver while the Lakers were away on a seven-game road trip. A Lakers spokesman said Nash's work "went well" and he was "on board to have a practice before he comes back and plays, but there was just sort of a freakish thing."

The new "tweak" is not believed to be serious, or related to the previous injury, the spokesman said.

"He's fighting some big odds, as we all know as we get older," Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni said of Nash, who will turn 40 on Feb. 7. "But if anybody can do it, he can."

The news was more encouraging on some of Nash's backcourt teammates. Point guardsJordan Farmar (hamstring) and Steve Blake (elbow) were cleared Monday morning to resume basketball-related activities and could return next week, if there are no setbacks.

The Lakers said both have been ruled out of this week's games, but they were able to ramp up their activity in Monday's light practice.

"It was great, man. I've been bored," said Farmar, who has been out since Jan. 1 with a tear in his left hamstring. "With this injury, you don't feel too injured. It doesn't hurt. You just have to be patient and wait your turn. It's hard, especially seeing them struggle and not being able to contribute.

"You're not in the huddles or on the court to say things. I try to just pull guys aside, tell them things, try to keep their spirits high. But you definitely can't be as involved."

The Lakers went 2-5 on their seven-game, 12-day road trip to fall to 16-29 on the season. They are just 3-16 since Dec. 21.

"It's tough in this business. You start building habits. When things go bad as a team, they become habits too and you start doing things that just aren't winning basketball," Farmar said. "We play well enough to win games, but we just don't do the little things."

Just knowing that reinforcements are on the way should help matters, or at least their spirits.

Kobe Bryant is scheduled to be re-evaluated on Tuesday to see if the fracture in his lateral tibial plateau has healed. Xavier Henry is out at least another week after an MRI showed no change in the bone bruise in his knee. But Blake, Farmar and Nash all seem to be nearing returns in the next week or so.

"We're not going to look at it like, 'Is it too late or not?' We're going to play the next game like it's the last game and then just see where we are a month from now," D'Antoni said. "It'll be really good to get some of these guys back and you can start winning something.

"We're in a tough situation. We're in a ditch and we have to crawl out of it. But the more guys you have, the easier it is to crawl out of it.

"The guys coming back are going to add some enthusiasm. They're looking forward to playing again. The guys that are here will be glad to get the help. So yeah, the atmosphere will change. We just have to make sure that it's a winning atmosphere and I'm sure we will."

#74 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,232 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 28, 2014 - 09:52 AM

Poor Steve.

Even unzipping his fly at a urinal probably causes twinges

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#75 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,486 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 28, 2014 - 10:23 AM

Seems like a minor tweak. Let him play

Its not minor......he's done.

Time for retirement. 

#76 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,419 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 28, 2014 - 12:01 PM

Tweaked it getting out of bed 

Whether the Lakers’ other former NBA MVP can change any of that remains to be seen. A bearded Nash, looking fresh out of a Rockyworkout montage, said Monday that he might actually be good to go. Like Bryant, he has played only six games this season—although the two of them have never played together—because of a major nerve-root issue in his back that has limited his legs.

“I don’t feel the nerve irritation,” Nash said Monday after returning from his latest extended rehab session in Vancouver. “Thus far, as I’ve ramped up training and rehab, I’ve been able to sustain more and more demands, so that we feel like it’s safe to practice now.”

But in a scene that epitomized everything about Nash’s two seasons as a Laker, he had only a handful of minutes of optimism Monday morning about his progress before another setback.

“Woke up, jumped out of bed, ready to go,” he said. “I reached for something and kind of tweaked something.”

So much for Nash’s plans to get back on the practice court Monday.

http://bleacherrepor...-two-more-weeks

The optimistic part is he no longer feels the nerve irritation. 

Edited by Majesty, January 28, 2014 - 12:01 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#77 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 5,408 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 28, 2014 - 12:27 PM

Tweaked it getting out of bed 

The optimistic part is he no longer feels the nerve irritation. 

Wow, I thought people were joking about him tweaking his back getting out of bed. 

#78 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,919 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 12:33 PM

I welcome Nash back, we'll be worse defensively with him

#79 Disaster in Paradise

Disaster in Paradise

Parasyte

• 8,521 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 12:37 PM

Wow, I thought people were joking about him tweaking his back getting out of bed.

The way it was said/portrayed made it seem like a joke.

MMiRi9s.png

#80 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,515 posts

Posted January 28, 2014 - 12:43 PM

Hopefully we can get that medical retirement.....assuming he's willing to retire which I think really is the best thing for him honestly. Not even thinking about the Lakers in that regard....do it for yourself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users