Photo

Nash leaves game vs. Jazz, only played due to roster depletion; ruled OUT for OKC game

• Please log in to reply
264 replies to this topic

#21 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 935 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 05, 2014 - 10:21 AM

Do you guys see him coaching in this league ala Jason Kidd? I see him being more involved in soccer once he retires.

I hope he stays involved...but he could be like a john stockton and disappear from the stage after playing career.

Opposing Coaches Brief Pregame Peptalk/Scouting Report:

"Now remember, go out there for opening tip, look at the guy you're matched up with, and bust out laughing!"

#22 marbleman

marbleman

Rookie

• 41 posts
  • Name:Walter Ordjonikidze
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:32 AM

Nash does not need to think about any return to the Lakers. All he need to think about is one simple word: 

R E T I R E M E N T

In the month of February, he is going to announce his medical retirement. :smh:  :naughty:  :smug:

#23 marbleman

marbleman

Rookie

• 41 posts
  • Name:Walter Ordjonikidze
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 08, 2014 - 11:36 AM

"Even if Nash can sustain his health enough to get back on the court this season, the Lakers will have the option to waive him before 2014-15 via the stretch provision and pay the remaining $9.7 million on his deal over a three-year period with only about $3.2 million counting against the cap annually."

http://espn.go.com/l...february-return

@ avcpl

That is the option, M.Kupchak is holding for him before the start of the next season. But... before that, Nash has to take a medical retirement and leave the team. he can go back to Canada and take care of his Vancouver based soccer team.Just not here thought.

#24 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 30,767 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 08, 2014 - 04:39 PM

Nash traveling with team on road trip. Putting up some shots before the game 

1. Off dribble, fading, pull-up...Nash never misses. Such a shame he hasn't been able to get healthy for game ... https://vine.co/v/h3M53tZh50V 

vine.co/v/h3MqExnnIlm 

kevinding

Been watching Steve Nash shoot threes, free throws and pull-up elbow jumpers for three minutes. He hasn't missed.

Edited by Majesty, January 08, 2014 - 04:41 PM.

I've always liked Steve Blake.

#25 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,009 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted January 08, 2014 - 05:04 PM

Make him run for 20 minutes and then we'll see how is he holding
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#26 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 15,565 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 09, 2014 - 01:20 PM

Steve Nash is out on the practice floor right now, dribbling and shooting around.

85146fdf-2f3a-45b0-8e85-9715e75efc22_zps

• 39,254 posts

Posted January 09, 2014 - 01:21 PM

^ That's nice & all, but I'll be more interested when he's actually running up & down the court & going all out.

yo.

#28 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Starter

• 5,312 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 09, 2014 - 01:23 PM

Damn,There were times last year where Nash played GREAT, I just PRAY he has one run of great Iq, great shooting, and that STUFF that separates a guy like Steve Nash over his career from a guy like Steve Blake

#29 Blizzard0fOzz

Blizzard0fOzz

Rookie

• 7 posts
  • Name:Nicholas
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Nash, Bryant, Blake

Posted January 10, 2014 - 01:17 AM

I don't want him to retire. I want him on the team next year. I really want him to get his ring before he retires.

Edited by Blizzard0fOzz, January 10, 2014 - 01:17 AM.

#30 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 501 posts
  • Fan Since:birth
  • Fav. Laker:changes daily

Posted January 10, 2014 - 06:04 AM

I don't want him to retire. I want him on the team next year. I really want him to get his ring before he retires.

you think the Lakers are going to win a championship next year? 

#31 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 2,466 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 10, 2014 - 06:24 AM

Maybe his last chance before he himself shuts it down. His health is the most important thing right now.
Posted Image

#32 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,446 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 10, 2014 - 06:34 AM

I just want him to retire. I understand what we were thinking when we signed him, take some pressure off Kobe and pick and roll with Dwight seems like a solid idea. But age and injuries have been his thing for a while. Even when he was in Phoenix he had to lay on the floor because of his back.

When you can't sit in a damn chair for 10 minutes, it's time to hang em up.

#33 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 15,565 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 03:45 PM

D'Antoni says he hopes Nash can come back next Tuesday. Nash has been out since late November.

85146fdf-2f3a-45b0-8e85-9715e75efc22_zps

#34 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 4,737 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 23, 2014 - 03:59 PM

Didn't he say this earlier this month?

#35 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,767 posts

Posted January 23, 2014 - 04:25 PM

Didn't he say this earlier this month?

It's imminent. 

#36 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,767 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 03:04 PM

I asked D'Antoni if/when @SteveNash returns, any chance he gets back to 30-min player? Unclear. Goal is "to give us what he can give us."

Ok so Nash is coming off the bench then.  It's worrysome that D'antoni of all people doesn't sound too confident about how long Nash will play or if he'll ever be a starter again.  But coming off the bench for right now would be the best idea. 

Marshall will start, Nash will come off the bench.   

Nash wants to really help at this point aside from the maybe 10 minutes he can play(D'antoni doesn't sound too confident)  then he should work non stop with Marshall.  That's the best way he's going to give back to this franchise right now. 

Edited by Majesty, January 24, 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#37 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 4,675 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 03:11 PM

Although I would love it if he would, why would Nash continue to work with and help the younger PG of the Lakers? He originally came here because he wanted a ring. Not to help our future.

#38 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,767 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 03:28 PM

Although I would love it if he would, why would Nash continue to work with and help the younger PG of the Lakers? He originally came here because he wanted a ring. Not to help our future.

I'm talking about before he retires, as in for however much longer he's here, he should be working with Marshall imo.  It will help in the long run a bit more than otherwise, especially given how much Nash understands this offense, it is HIS offense after all, so teaching Marshall more about it now that he's actually at the Lakers facility and not in Vancouver would pay dividends for him.

#39 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

Starter

• 4,675 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 04:07 PM

I'm talking about before he retires, as in for however much longer he's here, he should be working with Marshall imo.  It will help in the long run a bit more than otherwise, especially given how much Nash understands this offense, it is HIS offense after all, so teaching Marshall more about it now that he's actually at the Lakers facility and not in Vancouver would pay dividends for him.

Nash is trying to rehab and get back in shape. The only time he'll talk with Marshall about strategies/offense/etc is either during practice or after practice. 

If Marshall wants to learn, he needs to go to Nash himself and talk about it. But I wouldn't expect Nash to just suit up and start teaching Marshall. He doesn't get paid for that.

#40 Majesty

Majesty

• 30,767 posts

Posted January 24, 2014 - 08:26 PM

Nash is trying to rehab and get back in shape. The only time he'll talk with Marshall about strategies/offense/etc is either during practice or after practice. 

If Marshall wants to learn, he needs to go to Nash himself and talk about it. But I wouldn't expect Nash to just suit up and start teaching Marshall. He doesn't get paid for that.

according to Marshall that's exactly what he intends to do.   Soon as Nash is back to "court activities" and practice

Edited by Majesty, January 24, 2014 - 08:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users