Photo

Kobe

Kobe Bryant injury mamba

• Please log in to reply
2432 replies to this topic

#2421 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 47,739 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 27, 2015 - 05:03 PM

Uh no.  Regardless Kobe at the 3 is best for Russell and Clarkson's development.  I don't care if its successful for him or not but if it helps Russell and Clarkson get the reps they need then its all good.  Kobe is going to try to score regardless.  Dont think there will be much different from him playing the 2 or 3.  

Kobe's faster than other 3s move laterally and most can't stay in front of him.  That is what I mean and that is what we saw and have seen. 

Kobe doesn't need to be moving laterally to stay with the quicker 2s now and creating everything at the top of the key.  

Him against 3s I'm fine with, particularly because he IS going to be faster than most of them laterally. 

Everyone assumes 3s that he's gonna be facing is gonna be KD and LeBron every night. 

Thing is, KD and LeBron are the only ones I'd really worry about and wouldn't want Kobe defending.   Maybe Kawhi too but that's about it, they're the 3 best in the world.

I'm not worried about Kobe matching up with Parsons, or Gay, or Shabaz, or Gay, or Gallinari, or Harris, or Carroll, or Deng, or Pierce, or MKG, or Green, or Aminu, etc.  

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#2422 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Superstar

• 8,359 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 27, 2015 - 06:28 PM

In 2015 no he's not...most of the time the 3's are usually the best defenders and are guarding Kobe anyway.  Plus it doesnt matter if he's playing SF.  They are going to put their best defender on him regardless.  Ariza, Tony Allen, Klay/Iggy/Barnes, Kawhi are all still gonna guard him.  These are guys he's going to do bad against unless he's having an extremely high streak night.  

Kobe's faster than other 3s move laterally and most can't stay in front of him.  That is what I mean and that is what we saw and have seen. 

Kobe doesn't need to be moving laterally to stay with the quicker 2s now and creating everything at the top of the key.  

Him against 3s I'm fine with, particularly because he IS going to be faster than most of them laterally. 

Everyone assumes 3s that he's gonna be facing is gonna be KD and LeBron every night. 

Thing is, KD and LeBron are the only ones I'd really worry about and wouldn't want Kobe defending.   Maybe Kawhi too but that's about it, they're the 3 best in the world.

I'm not worried about Kobe matching up with Parsons, or Gay, or Shabaz, or Gay, or Gallinari, or Harris, or Carroll, or Deng, or Pierce, or MKG, or Green, or Aminu, etc.  

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#2423 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Hall Of Fame

• 9,535 posts
  • Name:Julius Jordan
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted July 27, 2015 - 06:45 PM

lol

#2424 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 47,739 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 27, 2015 - 07:05 PM

In 2015 no he's not...most of the time the 3's are usually the best defenders and are guarding Kobe anyway.  Plus it doesnt matter if he's playing SF.  They are going to put their best defender on him regardless.  Ariza, Tony Allen, Klay/Iggy/Barnes, Kawhi are all still gonna guard him.  These are guys he's going to do bad against unless he's having an extremely high streak night.  

And the only guy that is gonna have any success guarding him of all the people you mentioned is Kawhi and sometimes Allen and even then, they don't really stop him. The only guy I'd be worried about on him defensively would be Kawhi at this point. 

"Bryant had come to rage against the idea that Howard's clownish disposition could overtake the locker room, the Lakers' culture, and had warned Howard that he would never, ever let it happen." 

#2425 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 3,144 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted July 27, 2015 - 07:08 PM

Let's see kobe in action before we make any judgment
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#2426 Tensai

Tensai

█▄█▄█ █ █▀█

• 3,935 posts

Posted July 27, 2015 - 08:10 PM

http://espn.go.com/l...y-power-forward

Kobe playing power forward? Wut?

#2427 wvlaker

wvlaker

Rookie

• 166 posts
  • Fan Since:8 years old
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 27, 2015 - 08:22 PM

http://espn.go.com/l...y-power-forward

Kobe playing power forward? Wut?

Hilarious. Best part is Kobe probably thinks he'll be in the discussion for greatest power forward of all-time. But that's why I love the guy.

Anyway, with the small-ball era in effect I could see it happening. He won't be guarding Duncan out there. It will likely happen when teams like GS go small. 

hey 

#2428 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 3,552 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 28, 2015 - 04:28 AM

I know we have young guys and new guys to cheer on and look forward to...but once more i find myself most excited to see Kobe back on the floor and hopefully providing whatever this team lacks next season...

I can't believe after the career he's had he still has something left to prove...but its his choice to continue the comeback, so its on him

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health (a special 20th season, like he deserves), 2. Draft Picks Ballin (they better. Seems half the team hasnt played in league) 3. Miracle Move (We still need 2 more impact guys), 4. Hibbert (change of scenery and attitude sorely needed) 5. Upshaw (If he works out, mitch and jim and ryan deserve major kudos as the risk is minimal). Staples (some renewed energy in that building, been a total morgue last couple years)

READY FOR SEASON!

#2429 MAMBA24ILL

MAMBA24ILL

Pray for the bear.

• 10,011 posts
  • Fan Since:80's
  • Fav. Laker:MAMBA, MAGIC, NICK VAN EXEL

Posted July 28, 2015 - 11:59 AM

Kobe playing the 4 SMH, they must be trying to finish my dude off. He needs to just be left at the 2. 

gifninja-1.gif

#2430 erfolk

erfolk

Off The Bench

• 1,680 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted July 28, 2015 - 12:41 PM

Kobe playing the 4 SMH, they must be trying to finish my dude off. He needs to just be left at the 2.

I hope Byron isn't dumb enough to do this. We have enough pf I'm not trying to experiment with Kobe. Just put him at sf play him 20 to 25 minutes and let the young players grow.

#2431 Paris

Paris

Rookie

• 628 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted Yesterday, 10:10 PM

Screw that Kobe ain't playing 20-25 mins.

#2432 Ventiquattro

Ventiquattro

Sixth Man

• 2,960 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:23 PM

Technically speaking, playing the 4 saves his legs way more than a 2. Not like Byron is going to use him primarily as a 4. Much of giving advantage to have any 3 of Young, Brown, Lou , Russell and Clarkson together on the floor. He can space the floor and might even force the opposing team to go smaller, which he can operate in the post. If Randle is going to be the 5, ill even play 4out 1in with Kobe being the inside man .. 

#2433 RobBlake

RobBlake

Sixth Man

• 3,433 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted Yesterday, 11:44 PM

Allen? the same guy kobe came back from injury and still got his.. while the same allen that gave durant trouble? that allen?

ap1.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe, Bryant, injury, mamba

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

Yahoo (2)