#1901 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 1,223 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted Yesterday, 11:24 AM

Playing with a messed up shoulder and playing it down, wasn't so smart and this is the result. Hind sight is 20/20 but still.

He is older and things like that could be avoided.

That's three severe injuries in three straight years at some point father time catches up. We all know he worked hard in the off season to get back but he never was consistantly good this year. At some point we have to realize Kobe is done.

#1902 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,679 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted Yesterday, 12:36 PM

He will be soon, but some fans don't want to believe that the time is now. Some internet fan isn't going to convince us otherwise

#1903 Wilfred

Wilfred

All-Star

• 5,677 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted Yesterday, 01:03 PM

There is power in understanding the journey of others to help create your own. http://#Kobeinc #muse

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/ok/

Ummm..   ok...  whatever.

#1904 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 42,296 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted Yesterday, 01:04 PM

If you didn't care you wouldn't comment ;) 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#1905 LakersAllDay77

LakersAllDay77

Rookie

• 1,038 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Fisher

Posted Yesterday, 02:53 PM

Kobe is an intellectual so it's easy to see why the uneducated would not understand.

#1906 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 42,296 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted Yesterday, 03:25 PM

Kobe when he got the news on his shoulder

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#1907 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

Superstar

• 7,076 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted Yesterday, 09:04 PM

It's time for Bean to hang them up.  I enjoy winning basketball not simply a Kobe sideshow which obviously was the product we were given this year. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1908 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,679 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted Yesterday, 09:14 PM

It's time for Bean to hang them up.  I enjoy winning basketball not simply a Kobe sideshow which obviously was the product we were given this year. 

i disagree

so do many others...its his career and his decision

#1909 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 4,407 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted Yesterday, 09:51 PM

Hard to tell somebody who really loves something to stop doing what they love.
#WaiveWes

ezk2ds.jpg

#1910 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,704 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted Yesterday, 11:53 PM

Ita sad this is the way hes going to go out
Posted Image

#1911 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,644 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted Today, 09:49 AM

i disagree

so do many others...its his career and his decision

Nobody is disputing that lol. I hate when people use that, it's not even a valid point. Of course it's his career, doesn't mean others can't have an opinion on it

#1912 MysticBlu~

MysticBlu~

Rookie

• 1,014 posts
  • Name:Jennie
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted Today, 10:01 AM

Kobe will be done, when he will be done on his own terms.

#1913 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,915 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted Today, 10:18 AM

Lol kobe isn't done.

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#1914 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 1,223 posts

Posted Today, 10:21 AM

Lol kobe isn't done.

He should be this is three straight years he has had season ending injuries

#1915 Mehran The Great

Mehran The Great

Immortal

• 2,915 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24

Posted Today, 10:53 AM

So?
He is able to play. Lakers FO should just add better players around kobe next year

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

#1916 rossf

rossf

Rookie

• 101 posts
  • Fan Since:'50s
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted Today, 11:35 AM

Lakers and Kobe have been trying to put together winning basketball within the limits they're under, and how they view the future. Their business, their careers. Kobe's a fighter. He doesn't face life as a defeatist. He'll risk failure to go for success, and if he thinks there's a chance, he'll be back. That's what makes him one of the greats, and one big reason the Lakers have more titles fans can brag about.

They're going through tough and trying times, and winning basketball is something they might not be able to produce for awhile. We don't even know that the FO has what it takes any more to get back to the top. Part of being a fan of a team is taking the bad with the good. Down years happen with all teams in all sports. Just hope years don't become decades. If Kobe can somehow play again in the short time he has left, I'm interested to see it.

#1917 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 1,223 posts

Posted Today, 11:36 AM

So?
He is able to play. Lakers FO should just add better players around kobe next year

Well father time comes at some point. It is what it is. We said this coming into this year he will be back. Even when he was playing this he didn't looked good and had to take games off.

#1918 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 1,223 posts

Posted Today, 11:39 AM

Lakers and Kobe have been trying to put together winning basketball within the limits they're under, and how they view the future. Their business, their careers. Kobe's a fighter. He doesn't face life as a defeatist. He'll risk failure to go for success, and if he thinks there's a chance, he'll be back. That's what makes him one of the greats, and one big reason the Lakers have more titles fans can brag about.

They're going through tough and trying times, and winning basketball is something they might not be able to produce for awhile. We don't even know that the FO has what it takes any more to get back to the top. Part of being a fan of a team is taking the bad with the good. Down years happen with all teams in all sports. Just hope years don't become decades. If Kobe can somehow play again in the short time he has left, I'm interested to see it.

The only thing is we are not used to being this bad. People talk about the 90's Lakers but those teams had good young players that became tradable assets. They were also a perennial playoff teams. I think we should be worried until we see something happen.

#1919 rossf

rossf

Rookie

• 101 posts
  • Fan Since:'50s
  • Fav. Laker:Magic

Posted Today, 12:03 PM

The only thing is we are not used to being this bad. People talk about the 90's Lakers but those teams had good young players that became tradable assets. They were also a perennial playoff teams. I think we should be worried until we see something happen.

Live long enough, and we probably will see everything. The Lakers have finally sunk to near the bottom. It's a new era of the NBA. Laker greats move on, in one way or another. Jim, Jeanie, Byron, Kupchak under these different circumstances... have much to prove. I can't predict the future, but I don't expect a quick fix. Until the Lakers are back to greatness, I'll root for smaller victories.

Edited by rossf, Today, 12:05 PM.

#1920 -Wade-

-Wade-

知己知彼,百戰不殆

• 6,115 posts
  • Name:Chao ❤
  • Fan Since:▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一
  • Fav. Laker:♛ Kobe Bryant

Posted Today, 12:28 PM

Nobody is disputing that lol. I hate when people use that, it's not even a valid point. Of course it's his career, doesn't mean others can't have an opinion on it

Speaking of valid points, it isn't really valid to have opinions telling someone what to do with their career if, at the same time, they aren't disputing that it is his career and his decision.

Giving advice directly to Kobe is one thing, but advancing an argument to other people based around that advice is another.

Should Kobe hang them up? Maybe, it depends on what perspective you are looking at it from. People may want Bryant to retire sooner, but it is completely valid to point out that Kobe's wants are also something to consider.

Edited by -Wade-, Today, 12:37 PM.

wKNsigp.png

"I'm always a firm believer in us being able to make our own decisions." --Kobe Bryant

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe, Bryant, injury, mamba

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users