Photo

Kobe Thread: (Pg. 42- Kobe says he's "100 percent" healthy)

Kobe Bryant injury mamba

• Please log in to reply
1147 replies to this topic

#1141 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,345 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted September 14, 2014 - 08:27 AM

10269364_771386092903410_218319600811500

he is still in munich!

sooo great to have him here :)

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#1142 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,345 posts

Posted September 14, 2014 - 11:18 PM

Kobe with Lewandowski :)

10649573_734562993281997_121416162707120

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#1143 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,033 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted September 14, 2014 - 11:23 PM

Where's Kobe and Manaro? 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1144 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,345 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:31 AM

Where's Kobe and Manaro? 

someday im gonna meet him again :D i have that feeling..

#1145 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,345 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:47 AM

3,w=559,c=0.bild.jpg

#1146 Draztik

Draztik

Illmatic

• 8,208 posts
  • Fan Since:1986 - Birth!
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Gasol, Artest

Posted Yesterday, 01:11 PM

Kobe Bryant Helped Team USA Basketball Regain Its Dominance with Single Game

Have you noticed? The world just doesn't seem to hate the U.S. men's national basketball team quite the way it once did. It's understandable, seeing as our demeanor isn't as hate-inspiring. There was a time when we showed up thinking that the names on the backs of the jerseys, as much as the three letters on the front, would take care of business. The world noticed, ultimately made us pay for that arrogance, and reveled in seeing it.   

That was then. USA's dominance in basketball has been re-established now. If there was any question, the just-completed romp in the FIBA World Cup for another gold medal answered it. While the names on the back were still notable, none served as the cornerstone of every victory. It was a collective, mix-and-match effort. And while this year's squad apparently drew inspiration from hearing that Spain was favored over them in some circles, the reason the U.S. can once again claim undisputed rights to the basketball throne is because we, as a basketball nation, showed some respect, not because we were deprived of it.   

That much is clear. The current national program works harder and prepares better and, arguably, cares more. Who deserves the most credit for creating this new image, not only within the program but also to the world at large?

The answer, at least for some, is the man who is not exactly known for readily acknowledging that anyone is on his level: Kobe Bean Bryant.

-continued in link-

http://bleacherrepor...ith-single-game

21lsbya.jpg
Peep my music at my youtube page here: MUSIC!

#1147 JGuez

JGuez

Off The Bench

• 2,483 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:55 PM

^ Just came here to post that. Great article. 

My favorite part:

"That's when Bryant, having asked for the challenge of stopping the tournament's leading scorer to that point, Brazil's Leandro Barbosa, hounded Barbosa into losing his dribble and then dove onto the floor to retrieve the ball near midcourt."

"He fully acknowledged that he studied a copious amount of carefully selected tape of Barbosa, pored over statistical tendencies and forfeited any interest in attempting to score on his own. Barbosa, who had been averaging 27 points a game, went 1-of-7 from the field and didn't score against Bryant."

#1148 stillshining

stillshining

Rookie

• 374 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Fan Since:1993
  • Fav. Laker:Slava Medvedenko

Posted Yesterday, 11:25 PM

Funny thing about that summer, basically every young core piece of that team other than D-Will came out of that season with career best seasons.

- Chris Paul had his best statistical season and made his first defensive first team. He had better team success in 2008 but has probably not been better individually before or after

- Wade made his first defensive team since 2005 and had his finest season of his career (one of the greatest in modern NBA history for perimeter player) led the league in scoring and hasn't had a season like it since.

- Lebron might've had his best statistical season of his career that year. He had his first NBA MVP, first defensive first team, won the most games in a single season of his career and led the Cavs farther than ever before.

- Chris Bosh also probably played his best season joining D12 as the only guys to average 20/10 and played the best defense of his Raptors career.

-Carmelo has probably not played better defense than that year, he was great all around and hasn't been farther in the postseason since (WCF).

- Dwight won his first of three straight DPOY was universally regarded as the best big man and led his franchise to the farthest in it's history (5th game of the finals)

I don't know if that's a coincidence with the other dudes being Boozer, Redd and Prince I'm not sure they really rubbed off on these studs. Kidd probably provided great leadership but his best days were way behind him. The only guy remaining is Bean, who has had better seasons than that one and was already established in history. He did lead the Lakers to the best combined regular season and playoff performance of the post Showtime era. Still I think the fact that everyone blew up right after showed Kobe might've had just a bit to do with it

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe, Bryant, injury, mamba

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)