Photo

Kobe Thread: (Pg. 42- Kobe says he's "100 percent" healthy)

Kobe Bryant injury mamba

• Please log in to reply
1148 replies to this topic

#1021 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,963 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 10:43 AM

If Kobe comes back with the same amount of explosiveness and lift as he did pre-injury, I will assume PEDs. Kobe is the best and most skilled basketball player of our generation, but he is not superman. It's unfair for you guys to be having such high expectations for the man. I hope none of y'all turn on him if he's not as great as he once was.

#1022 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 37,080 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 25, 2014 - 11:16 AM

And I hope if he is still great that you ultra pessimistics won't continue to ignore it and more or less laugh at people who enjoy it while you wait for him to have a bad game so you can try to gloat no matter how many good games he had prior :)

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#1023 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,158 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted July 25, 2014 - 12:31 PM

And I hope if he is still great that you ultra pessimistics won't continue to ignore it and more or less laugh at people who enjoy it while you wait for him to have a bad game so you can try to gloat no matter how many good games he had prior :)

Its not this at all.

We are laker fans and kobe fans.

Many are laker fans because of Kobe.

We were disappointed when he went down and missed the playoffs.

We were crushed when he came back the next season and immediately went down again.

We are hoping for the best but preparing for the worst.

I just dont get the wildly optimistic POV

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#1024 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,963 posts

Posted July 25, 2014 - 12:43 PM

It's not like that at all lol. I Think you forget I was on the corner of enjoying wins last season. I will enjoy those monster performances he is bound to have this season. It's just the simple fact that the man is older and his body is breaking down. We can't expect him to carry a team like he used to. There hasn't been a year of my life that has passed that Kobe hasn't been a Laker, that should tell you something about how long he's been in this league.

#1025 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,770 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 29, 2014 - 04:52 AM

Who would do this that's a Laker fan though?  Being skeptical doesn't make you pessimistic.  His lift wasn't there when he came back last year and I don't expect it to be there going forward.  He's still skilled enough to be a great offensive player though

Most of the people you label as pessimistic or "doubters" aren't at all.  Most of us and Im including my self in the group doesn't want to see complete mediocrity going forward.  I'd rather be a bottom 5 team and get a 2015 pick than be a team scratching for the 8th seed which they will be if that.  Imagine us gifting PHX something like the 9th pick in the 2015 draft lol and they make the playoffs.  Tragic. 

Edited by Jody Smokes, July 29, 2014 - 05:04 AM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1026 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,158 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 06:46 AM

If the West is a slugfest next season and the difference between 1 and 8 is only 6-7 games, i'm all for getting that 8th spot.

Just dont see us getting that high barring some unforeseen event yet to occur. 

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick (Randle!) 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Boozer, kind of), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Byron!...but the jury is out)

#1027 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,770 posts
  • Fan Since:2003
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 29, 2014 - 12:24 PM

Barring a major injury or something out of the ordinary happening probably LA won't be better than

OKC, SAS, LAC, PDX, HOU, DAL or GSW with this roster.  After that it's a free for all at the 8th spot between MIN, PHX, MEM for sure having better rosters.  After that you have NO who is a real crap shoot based on AD's development and Jrue and Gordon's health.  The only thing we have to based success on is if Kobe is 12-13 healthy.  Even if he is, what did that get that team with better players?  Made the 7th seed and barely the playoffs because Utah blew the end of the season.   

Edited by Jody Smokes, July 29, 2014 - 12:25 PM.

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#1028 Lakersfan1211

Lakersfan1211

Legend

• 17,744 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 29, 2014 - 12:26 PM

Very interesting to hear Byron saying Kobe could play the point. How would a Kobe, Swaggy, Wes, Randle/Boozer, Hill starting 5 do?

New Lakers coach Bryon Scott says Kobe could see some time playing point guard.

Edited by Lakersfan1211, July 29, 2014 - 12:26 PM.

#1029 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,080 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 12:30 PM

Barring a major injury or something out of the ordinary happening probably LA won't be better than

OKC, SAS, LAC, PDX, HOU, DAL or GSW with this roster.  After that it's a free for all at the 8th spot between MIN, PHX, MEM for sure having better rosters.  After that you have NO who is a real crap shoot based on AD's development and Jrue and Gordon's health.  The only thing we have to based success on is if Kobe is 12-13 healthy.  Even if he is, what did that get that team with better players?  Made the 7th seed and barely the playoffs because Utah blew the end of the season.   

Utah didn't blow the end of the season, we were always ahead of them, and even if they'd won we beat Houston so we'd still have been the 7th seed.   Utah making the playoffs was ours to lose not theirs to gain. 

#1030 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 2,158 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 01:41 PM

Plus every year there is 'usually' a surprise team.

Last year Phoenix over achieved imo.

Could be lakers this year.

Probably won't be.

But in any case, i just dont wanna see so many blowouts before i even have to go use the bathroom at the game or watching on tv.

#1031 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,463 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted July 29, 2014 - 01:50 PM

The only reason I won't be refreshing box scores every 30 minutes again this season is because Kobe's back.
iyjywo.jpg

#1032 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,080 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 01:52 PM

Well lets look at the Western teams in that 'cusp' area

Dallas had the best off-season, is a top 3 contender
Houston got worse
The Trailblazers haven't upgraded their bench at all so will more or less stay where they are
The Warriors took a step forward at the backup 1/2 with the Shaun Livingston deal but aside from trying to get Love, they have more or less the same team and same problems they had last year. 
Suns got better adding Thomas as another point guard but being they drafted a point guard and have Bledsoe and Dragic, adding Thomas seems excessive unless Bledsoe is on his way out in which case they got worse. 
Pelicans got a little better, they replaced Morrow with Fredette and obtained Asik, nothing ground breaking, they're more or less the same but have a better player to put with Davis.

Kings... nothing significant, staying the same.

Jazz will stay the same, wasted their pick on a point guard when they already have about 3 and if they try to play him at the 2 its a waste of why he was a high draft pick, they also gave max money to Gordon Hayward, they aren't going anywhere.

Grizzlies are slowly descending on the way down, they're about to hit the rebuild area

Nuggets remain the same, and are just hoping to be healthy next year

Honestly the two Western Conference teams that truly upgraded this off-season from what they were the previous season before were the Lakers and the Mavericks.   All the other teams either got worse or are more or less where they were last year.   For this reason, 7th - 8th seed isn't out of the question at all for the Lakers

Your sure fire top 4 teams are 

OKC
San Antonio

Mavericks
Clippers

After that its a crap shoot.  Maybe you put Houston at 5ish.  

6 through 8 is gonna be separated by a game or two at most imo.

#1033 Icker

Icker

Hall Of Fame

• 8,963 posts

Posted July 29, 2014 - 09:46 PM

I would love to see the world behind Majesty's eyes. I feel like I would be an a lot happier person.

#1034 iDreamShake

iDreamShake

Off The Bench

• 2,017 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:#8

Posted July 29, 2014 - 11:44 PM

haha^ i dont think Majesty is too crazy for that post right there.

only part that i didnt like was giving HOU the benefit of the doubt to be a 5th seed over the Blazers. like you said, they got worse; they'll be a 6 or 7 seed ,competing for that with the Warriors. and hopefully it is the 7th seed so we get a higher draft pick from them.

i still dont think we'll make the playoffs though -- there's only one spot available.. and i think the Grizz take it. realistically, the Suns and Nuggets will no doubt finish with better records than us, too.

Edited by iDreamShake, July 29, 2014 - 11:45 PM.

Kobe and Randle led Lakers lead the team to a 32-50 record. the Lakers select Myles Turner with the 5th pick.

#1035 LALakersFan4Life

LALakersFan4Life

16 Time NBA Champions Los Angeles Lakers!

• 10,596 posts
  • Fan Since:1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe and Ron Artest

Posted July 31, 2014 - 11:05 AM

Here's a clip of Kobe playing a little one on one in his recent trip to China. Looks good. Looks like he's moving well. It's a good sign. Can't wait for the season to start!

http://instagram.com/oneluvkobe24

#1036 West Coast

West Coast

LN Senior Editor

• 21,386 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 31, 2014 - 11:40 AM

#1037 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,706 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted July 31, 2014 - 03:17 PM

i miss u kobe bae

#1038 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,080 posts

Posted August 01, 2014 - 10:41 AM

Kobe's assists vs OKC 

Kobe's 21/7/8 vs the Bobcats

Edited by Majesty, August 01, 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#1039 Majesty

Majesty

• 37,080 posts

Posted August 01, 2014 - 05:59 PM

Vitti thinks the Lakers this season will "play a style of basketball that is conducive to what Kobe’s body will allow him to do."

Edited by Majesty, August 01, 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#1040 Massacre

Massacre

yo

• 5,463 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Yobe Bryant

Posted August 05, 2014 - 07:42 PM

If you want a projection of how Kobe can come back and play at an elite level, there it is. Kobe has been adjusting to age and a loss of athleticism his whole career and I can see him coming back at a level that is elite and minimizes the way he exerts himself and works for his points.

That 30 million dollar/30 thousand point jumpshot is still as money as it ever was.
iyjywo.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe, Bryant, injury, mamba

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)