Photo

Kobe Thread: (Pg. 42- Kobe says he's "100 percent" healthy)

Kobe Bryant injury mamba

• Please log in to reply
1019 replies to this topic

#961 ace™

ace™

Most Interesting

• 10,076 posts
  • Name:Ray Donovan
  • Fan Since:1997
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted July 11, 2014 - 04:16 PM

Hoping for 2005-2006 Mamba.

27 shots a game to keep us in it, dropping 35-45 on a nightly basis, game winner here and there, wonder if he can make it past December with what he'll have to do for the squad.

Lol.

#962 Hollywood

Hollywood

"Hey Now"

• 17,701 posts
  • Name:Fernando
  • Fan Since:Kobe Shaq Era
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, West, D12?

Posted July 12, 2014 - 11:25 AM

I agree its going to be tough for him
Posted Image

#963 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,738 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted July 13, 2014 - 10:45 AM

I'm looking forward to hear his reaction to the offseason moves.

#964 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,882 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted July 13, 2014 - 10:57 AM

I'm looking forward to hear his reaction to the offseason moves.

Well he knows who Lin is 

BsUbTN_CYAAtJEI.jpg

So I'm sure he doesn't mind that.  He's probably happy we got two picks from it.  Even happier the Rockets had to settle for Ariza.  Probably glad we re-signed Jordan Hill, and that Nick Young will be coming off the bench to take some pressure off him.   

He's also probably happy with the acquisition of Julius Randle and the potential diamond in the ruff Jordan Clarkson.   He probably  couldn't care less about Carmelo staying in New York and LeBron going to Cleveland. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#965 InterNLakerNajkihh

InterNLakerNajkihh

Rookie

• 386 posts
  • Name:Besnik
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted July 13, 2014 - 10:59 AM

he lost a lot of respect from me

#966 wvlaker

wvlaker

Rookie

• 85 posts
  • Fan Since:8 years old

Posted July 13, 2014 - 11:13 AM

https://twitter.com/...204557395050496

Snapshot of some of the players Kobe has played with throughout his career with the Lakers. Pretty incredible to think about just how many different teammates he's had in total. And there's only more to come.

#967 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 774 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted July 13, 2014 - 11:23 AM

So I'm sure he doesn't mind that.  He's probably happy we got two picks from it.  

oh yeah, Kobe has probably been fist pumping all weekend after hearing about these picks..

Basically though - the 2nd rounder the Lakers got from the Rockets - which is from the Clippers in 2015 - is heavily protected - 51-55 range.

Clippers also owe same 2015 2nd rounder to the Bucks (31-50) and Nuggets (56-60) - if it's 51-55 THEN Lakers get it - re Lin trade.

#968 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,738 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted July 13, 2014 - 11:39 AM

Well he knows who Lin is

BsUbTN_CYAAtJEI.jpg

So I'm sure he doesn't mind that. He's probably happy we got two picks from it. Even happier the Rockets had to settle for Ariza. Probably glad we re-signed Jordan Hill, and that Nick Young will be coming off the bench to take some pressure off him.

He's also probably happy with the acquisition of Julius Randle and the potential diamond in the ruff Jordan Clarkson. He probably couldn't care less about Carmelo staying in New York and LeBron going to Cleveland.

I'm guessing he isn't super stoked. But here is hoping you're right

#969 Wilfred

Wilfred

Starter

• 4,737 posts

Posted July 13, 2014 - 05:41 PM

If he had not signed a fresh contract Kobe would probably have demanded a trade.

#970 KMC

KMC

Rookie

• 101 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Shaq

Posted July 14, 2014 - 08:17 AM

I'm hoping Kobe asks for a trade.

Kobe will stay a Laker till his last dying breath. Don't see and don't believe he would go anywhere, especially at this stage of his career.

As long as he can stay away from injuries, manage his minutes, and manage the way he plays, he will have a effective and productive season, because Swaggy and Jeremy will help take a lot of pressure away from him by doing their thing which will draw defenders' attention.

#971 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,882 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 10:28 AM

Kobe says the Spurs are motivation and fuel for next season as well as example of how far playing the right way will take you  

In an interview with Fifa.com, Bryant was asked about the Lakers’ West rival and while he did say he is happy for San Antonio, he also admits the Lakers will be using the Spurs 2014 NBA title as fuel for next season. "Well deserved. It really is a lesson on how you get guys to play together if they share one goal. I am very happy for the Spurs. It is a motivation for us. Hopefully we can do the same next season." ProjectSpurs.com - See more at: http://hoopshype.com...h.m43sssT3.dpuf

#972 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,779 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 16, 2014 - 10:34 AM

^
I feel so bad for Kobe. Next season he is going to have even worse teammates than this season, which seemed impossible. [expletive]

Impossible is nothing.

#973 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,882 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 10:39 AM

^
I feel so bad for Kobe. Next season he is going to have even worse teammates than this season, which seemed impossible. [expletive]

Worse teammates?  For all intents and purposes we no longer have Farmar but we do have Julius Randle and Lin whom will be fine.  Clarkson will be coming off the bench at the 2 most likely and he 'looks' solid thus far.   And we won't have Gasol, but we will have Kobe and that's a fine trade off. 

So we're not a worse team than last year, if anything we're better and improved with the acquisition of a healthy Kobe, Randle and Lin.  How much better has yet to be seen.  But no, we didn't surround Kobe with worse teammates. 

#974 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Pineapple winner!

• 1,779 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bean Bryant

Posted July 16, 2014 - 10:44 AM

^
Come on May, enough with the optimism. We won't have a quality SF and a lick of defense in our team. If we manage to get 35 wins, that will be a miracle alone.

Impossible is nothing.

#975 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 774 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 10:57 AM

Worse teammates?  For all intents and purposes we no longer have Farmar but we do have Julius Randle and Lin whom will be fine.  Clarkson will be coming off the bench at the 2 most likely and he 'looks' solid thus far.   And we won't have Gasol, but we will have Kobe and that's a fine trade off. 

So we're not a worse team than last year, if anything we're better and improved with the acquisition of a healthy Kobe, Randle and Lin.  How much better has yet to be seen.  But no, we didn't surround Kobe with worse teammates. 

so based on this what is your season prediction? obviously, more wins than last year right? and no "well, if Kobe stays healthy", because we are saying these worse teammates are going to wear Kobe out (if they are better then he should be fine; after all he was scoring at will on Tony Allen in Dec. 2013). 

So what is it Maj? over .500? playoffs?  

#976 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,882 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 11:10 AM

^
Come on May, enough with the optimism. We won't have a quality SF and a lick of defense in our team. If we manage to get 35 wins, that will be a miracle alone.

The only quality SF we could hope for at this point would be Xavier and hoping he'd be healthy.  Not minding that considering how well he played last year on both ends.  22-23 years old and still with room to grow.  Also solid with the addition of Randle and Clarkson(whom looks like a steal).  Got a nice young core we're starting to build. Which is great for a period such as this. 

so based on this what is your season prediction? obviously, more wins than last year right? and no "well, if Kobe stays healthy", because we are saying these worse teammates are going to wear Kobe out (if they are better then he should be fine; after all he was scoring at will on Tony Allen in Dec. 2013). 

So what is it Maj? over .500? playoffs?  

Depends on whom we have at the end of the free agency period and how many games Kobe plays.  

Edited by Majesty, July 16, 2014 - 11:10 AM.

#977 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 774 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 12:06 PM

Depends on whom we have at the end of the free agency period and how many games Kobe plays.  

you've said many times that Kobe will be fine because he was scoring at will against Tony Allen; so you no longer have faith in Kobe? you don't think the iron man is going to hold up? 

of course how many games Kobe plays will matter; THAT IS PART OF PREDICTING. 

Edited by avcpl, July 16, 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#978 Jsmoove

Jsmoove

Rookie

• 246 posts
  • Fan Since:2009
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted July 16, 2014 - 12:11 PM

glass-half-full.jpg

Tell me what you see?

Edited by Jsmoove, July 16, 2014 - 12:12 PM.

#979 Majesty

Majesty

• 35,882 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 12:13 PM

you've said many times that Kobe will be fine because he was scoring at will against Tony Allen; so you no longer have faith in Kobe? you don't think the iron man is going to hold up? 

Kobe's scoring isn't gonna be a problem.  It's how many games he'll play that will determine how many games we win.   Looking at the pieces around him we can win games, I'm not worried about him returning to an elite level or scoring at will.   

The realistic thing you must always look at is his health.    Our record is determined by how many games he plays, it's not hard to figure out  avc :)

glass-half-full.jpg

Tell me what you see?

A picture of a glass of water. 

Edited by Majesty, July 16, 2014 - 12:13 PM.

#980 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 774 posts

Posted July 16, 2014 - 12:19 PM

The realistic thing you must always look at is his health.    Our record is determined by how many games he plays, it's not hard to figure out  

well, no sh**.

any time you predict a team's record you are considering how many games the players play, that's part of the prediction...

I predict the team as currently constructed will finish under .500 and will miss the playoffs; do you agree or disagree? 

Edited by avcpl, July 16, 2014 - 12:25 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe, Bryant, injury, mamba

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users