Photo

Kobe Thread: (Pg. 42- Kobe says he's "100 percent" healthy)

Kobe Bryant injury mamba

• Please log in to reply
1024 replies to this topic

#21 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 03, 2014 - 04:45 PM

He'll earn his money more if he ensures his health going forward to next season & the one after when we have better prospects at actually potentially competing for something worth a damn.

Well,  you don't get better or in game shape or more confident by sitting.

I defer to Kobe, his doctors, and people in the know

• 40,373 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 04:49 PM

^ I defer to what I see with my eyes.

yo.

#23 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,292 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted January 03, 2014 - 05:03 PM

He's only risking another injury.
If he comes back he will put the the team on his back and we know what happened last season.

Kobe won't save this team
This isn't 2005

He should recover completely and come back stronger next season
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#24 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 05:04 PM

If he comes back he will put the the team on his back and we know what happened last season.

This isn't 2005

Like  D Rose?

• 40,373 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 05:08 PM

^ Can you imagine how much worse it could've gone in hindsight now for D-Rose had he come back sooner?

Nothing can ever save you entirely from injury. It can strike at any moment to just about anyone, but in this particular case, it is still 10x smarter to wait it out longer than to rush it at all. No need at all, and again, considering the team's current circumstance, how much more strenuous pain & effort Kobe would put through is body just to desperately try to get this team to win games as opposed to next season with a clean slate & the full team on board healthy. It should be pretty simple & obvious.

yo.

#26 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

All-Star

• 6,715 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 05:12 PM

^ Can you imagine how much worse it could've gone in hindsight now for D-Rose had he come back sooner?

Nothing can ever save you entirely from injury. It can strike at any moment to just about anyone, but in this particular case, it is still 10x smarter to wait it out longer than to rush it at all. No need at all, and again, considering the team's current circumstance, how much more strenuous pain & effort Kobe would put through is body just to desperately try to get this team to win games as opposed to next season with a clean slate & the full team on board healthy. It should be pretty simple & obvious.

Well health professionals don't agree

• 40,373 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 05:13 PM

^ Not even "professionals" are perfect. You know this.

yo.

#28 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 434 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted January 03, 2014 - 05:32 PM

This isn't 2005

Finally someone here who has any common sense

• 40,373 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 05:35 PM

^ You act like you are the only two here who feel that way.

Get-off-your-high-horse.jpg

yo.

#30 CueTheRain

CueTheRain

Rookie

• 818 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2014 - 05:45 PM

I can't find it at the moment, but I read an interesting article written by a kinesiology expert on Derrick Rose. He noted that the way he moved put too much stress on his right leg, and basically called the knee injury months before it happened. I think this is part of how the Phoenix Suns staff practices preventative medicine as well. They study a players movements and posture, and strengthen the weak muscles so that they're less likely to be unbalanced later on.

#31 kball

kball

Mocker-in-Chief

• 1,848 posts
  • Fan Since:'71
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, magic, logo

Posted January 03, 2014 - 05:52 PM

A playoff team if they're extremely lucky and what more? A miracle? Us taking down OKC, San Antonio, or whomever else may be there? Or what if we go all out and get the 9th or 10th spot, for what? Worst position possible seemingly.

Listen, I was all about this team winning as much as it could going into the season, actually had some sense of hope, but the reality is this team has been decimated by injuries, no time to gel or chemistry to come together with the full team all online including Kobe especially, who we know it takes the biggest adjustment for everyone to get used to playing with.

Time and circumstances just aren't on our side & even more, why force & make some of our players, especially Kobe & Nash & some of the already injured players play even harder & kill themselves just to give us a chance for what? For nothing ultimately and if anything, they'll only hurt themselves more potentially re-injuring even worse.

You might think this is all negative & bad, especially from a fan to feel this way & think this way, but it is the harsh reality we are in and we must not be in denial.

Only thing i'd add to a post i now thoroughly agree with...is our entire roster is still playing for future contracts. They want to be out there showing their value but i also think they're playing to get MDA fired before season ends.

Praying for 1. Kobe's Health, 2. High Draft Pick!, 3. Miracle Trade (Not yet), 4. Quality Free Agent (Nope), 5. Brilliant Coaching Hire (Still waiting, wow)

#32 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,184 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2014 - 05:59 PM

Kobe coming back to this team can only hurt him and the team.  This team is doing nothing, and anything they can do (lose) to improve their draft prospects is good.  Kobe coming back will make the team better, and win some games, and still not make the playoffs, and make their chances of doing well in the lottery worse.  He can also injure himself.  The guy is stubborn, it is what makes him great, but he isn't LeBron at this point in his career, and he isn't going to carry this terrible team anywhere and is risking further injuries.  Shut it down.

#33 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,135 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted January 03, 2014 - 06:29 PM

Okay guys take a chill pill, there is nothing wrong with Kobe returning this season. I don't have a problem with him returning this season I have a problem with the time frame his going by. Kobe should sit longer, I'm no expert but I think maybe 2-4 extra weeks to conditioning and strengthen those legs would suffice enough for him to perform much better. I didn't like how he came back I think he should of waited an extra 2-3 weeks but he didn't and he suffered another injury and I hope he doesn't make the same mistake again and take his time.

Nash on the other hand should retire plain and simple, he has been banged since last season and his body is basically telling him to call it a career. When you go back to practicing and after a few days your legs feel like they "shut off" its over.

Posted Image

#34 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,995 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 03, 2014 - 06:33 PM

Okay guys take a chill pill, there is nothing wrong with Kobe returning this season. I don't have a problem with him returning this season I have a problem with the time frame his going by. Kobe should sit longer, I'm no expert but I think maybe 2-4 extra weeks to conditioning and strengthen those legs would suffice enough for him to perform much better. I didn't like how he came back I think he should of waited an extra 2-3 weeks but he didn't and he suffered another injury and I hope he doesn't make the same mistake again and take his time.

Nash on the other hand should retire plain and simple, he has been banged since last season and his body is basically telling him to call it a career. When you go back to practicing and after a few days your legs feel like they "shut off" its over.

Kobe could return in 4 weeks technically.  They are keeping him out 6 and potentially longer. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#35 RobBlake

RobBlake

Off The Bench

• 2,079 posts
  • Fan Since:Birth
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe, Shaq, Fisher, Magic

Posted January 03, 2014 - 07:04 PM

i'd like to see kobe come back and get his basket ball iq back up *he's rusty* and get the feel of a live game.  He should have limited mins for the rest of the season

ap1.png

#36 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,995 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 03, 2014 - 07:06 PM

lol they were going to interview Kobe today, but Nick Young is doing the interview instead as Kobe  :laughing:

Interviewer: What do you think of Nick Young?
Nick Young(as Kobe and trying not to laugh): He's got a lot of potential... But I'll make him one of the great ones in the coming years. 

Interviewer: Is Nick Young better than you? 
Nick Young(as Kobe): Not in this lifetime.

Edited by Majesty, January 03, 2014 - 07:11 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#37 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,292 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted January 03, 2014 - 07:40 PM

I can't find it at the moment, but I read an interesting article written by a kinesiology expert on Derrick Rose. He noted that the way he moved put too much stress on his right leg, and basically called the knee injury months before it happened. I think this is part of how the Phoenix Suns staff practices preventative medicine as well. They study a players movements and posture, and strengthen the weak muscles so that they're less likely to be unbalanced later on.

That's the same reason kobe broke his leg, he was using more that leg due to the psychological trauma or the torn Achilles. This is something thats worked on a good physical rehab
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#38 Red September

Red September

Your Future Ex

• 2,679 posts
  • Name:Mehran
  • Fan Since:early 2000ish
  • Fav. Laker:Who ever has that number 24`

Posted January 03, 2014 - 10:09 PM

kobe just come back strong and be elite as u are. 

Man I promise, I'm so self conscious, That's why you always see me with at least one of my watches - Kanye West

• 40,373 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 11:45 PM

lol they were going to interview Kobe today, but Nick Young is doing the interview instead as Kobe  :laughing:

Interviewer: What do you think of Nick Young?
Nick Young(as Kobe and trying not to laugh): He's got a lot of potential... But I'll make him one of the great ones in the coming years. 

Interviewer: Is Nick Young better than you? 
Nick Young(as Kobe): Not in this lifetime.

yo.

#40 Nego

Nego

El Duro

• 1,135 posts
  • Fan Since:Lakers traded for Kobe

Posted January 04, 2014 - 12:01 AM

From what I heard from those docs on ESPN was that 6 weeks was a "generous" time table and I want to agree he should sit out longer. Then again its hard to judge when we don't really know how Kobe and the med staff feels on this matter.

Kobe could return in 4 weeks technically.  They are keeping him out 6 and potentially longer. 

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe, Bryant, injury, mamba

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (2)