Photo

Kobe Thread: (Pg. 42- Kobe says he's "100% healthy")

Kobe Bryant injury mamba

• Please log in to reply
1261 replies to this topic

#381 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,958 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted March 12, 2014 - 01:33 PM

Kobe said also he decided to shut it down for the rest of the season because to get to the point where he physically wants to be would take 7 months and in the limited time left in the season it wouldn't be satisfactory to him to return under such.  Which makes sense. 

1. Kobe on next year: "I don't want to say I'll be at the top of my game, because people will be saying I'm old or crazy. But that's what it's going to be."

Also, D'antoni re-iterated that if the Lakers were making the playoffs that Kobe probably could/would play.  But they they aren't so Kobe had and has to do what's smart.    

It's evaluation time, no reason for him to take minutes from the guys being evaluated, he's already made the team ;)

He's not happy to continually be left out of Lakers' future plans.

This three weeks after saying in a separate press conference that he didn't want to be involved in front office decisions.. 

But Blake got traded and all that changed.  Know why?   Cause if Blake's gone, whom Kobe loves.  You know who's next to NOT be retained. 

Edited by Majesty, March 12, 2014 - 01:42 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#382 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,163 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted March 12, 2014 - 02:23 PM

Kobe can't complain after taking the money

#383 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,458 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted March 12, 2014 - 02:41 PM

Indeed
He took the money.
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

• 40,494 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 02:45 PM

Couldn't agree more. He needs to try & not look at all of this so selfishly for once. He's gotten' enough & is part of what's hurting us a little & trust me, I'm a huge Kobe fan, but I can't be blind to these things.

yo.

#385 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,958 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 02:58 PM

Bazemore for Blake is a good trade.

Let's not forget he was happy initially the Chris Paul deal didn't happen cause of his closeness with Odom and Gasol. Kobe thinks business decisions with emotions.

He wouldn't have sent Blake for Baze, he wouldn't send Fisher for Jordan Hill. He said no more than a few weeks ago that he didn't want to be involved in office decisions.

But they dropped Blake. What Kobe is really saying is 'tell me if u want to bring back Gasol. So I can prepare myself.'

• 40,494 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 03:01 PM

And to add....he expects big things for the future but he's the one who took 23.5 million and 25 million for his next contract? I love Kobe but these quotes make him come across as kind of a dick. 

Lol. I don't entirely disagree.

yo.

#387 fido

fido

Analyst, Moderator, Insomniac

• 11,425 posts
  • Name:Andy
  • Fan Since:1982
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted March 12, 2014 - 04:34 PM

Kobe doesn't only care about the money.

#388 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,958 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 04:57 PM

Kobe doesn't only care about the money.

• 40,494 posts

Posted March 12, 2014 - 05:19 PM

^ To the two of you & whomever else agrees, who/'s saying said that?

yo.

#390 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,516 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 13, 2014 - 05:04 AM

Kobe's talking a lot. Doubt anyone in the front office is listening.

it hasnt sunk in to KB yet that the FO doesnt gaf wtf he says at this point.

Kinda sad actually. I hate seeing this happen.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#391 Julien

Julien

Rookie

• 1,072 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2014 - 07:17 AM

Had a dream about Kobe.
I asked him why he didn't take a bigger paycut because he could have won more rings with 2 all star players.

He told me he doesn't want to win this way. He doesn't want to be the guy who couldn't win with a wingman so took a big paycut to win with an all star team.
Lol

#392 Chad

Chad

Kings

• 3,364 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted March 13, 2014 - 10:58 AM

2vufsr7.png

¡Hala Madrid! Neymar Rules!  

#393 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,914 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 13, 2014 - 11:02 AM

Chances for a full recovery?

The orthopedic literature explains that tibial plateau fractures are often associated with other soft tissue injuries -- most commonly the medial collateral ligament (50 percent), but also including the meniscus (20 percent) and anterior cruciate ligament (10 percent). However, none of these were found in Bryant's case, which will benefit him once the bone has completely healed.

nba_g_mamba_cr_288x162.jpg
AP Photo/Jae C. HongBryant simply needs to do less with his left leg, on which he also had surgery for his Achilles tendon.

That said, tibial plateau stress fractures can also develop as a result of cartilage wear. Even if arthritis is playing a role here, Bryant bounced back well from his right-knee issues after receiving PRP (platelet rich plasma) treatment in Europe prior to the 2011-12 season. He traveled to Dusseldorf, Germany, to receive Regenokine, a patented method developed by Dr. Peter Wehling, a spinal surgeon. Bryant subsequently had a fabulous season, averaging 27.9 points in 38.5 minutes per game. His knee held up so well that a previously planned trip to return for a second treatment prior to the 2012-13 season was canceled.

I have treated a number of athletes with tibial plateau fractures and all are generally ready to play in eight to 12 weeks. Two factors could be leading to continued problems: First, Kobe could be pushing himself too hard or doing too much to allow his bone to heal. Second, he might have some arthritis in his left knee that is continuing to cause pain and is retarding the healing process as he tries to return.

The fact is Bryant will be 36 and entering his 19th NBA season next year. He now has a surgically repaired left Achilles, arthritis in his right knee and a slowly healing tibial plateau fracture in his left knee. The only way for this fracture to heal is by doing less with his left leg. Once healed, he might require another dose of PRP or stem cells (which he can get in the United States), but I expect him to able to function well.

ESPN INSIDER Link

Edited by Jackson, March 13, 2014 - 11:03 AM.

• 40,494 posts

Posted March 14, 2014 - 12:51 AM

At just 11 years old, Kobe was already playing against grown ass Men.

BipeKWiCEAAGI8g.jpg

#greatness

yo.

#395 erfolk

erfolk

Rookie

• 730 posts
  • Name:Lewis
  • Fan Since:Birth:10-31-86
  • Fav. Laker:All Bout The Name On The Front

Posted March 14, 2014 - 08:34 AM

Kobe can't have it both ways. He can't say build a contender quick but also take a 23 million dollar salary. This team will be bad Kobes last two years and in my opinion giving him that kind of contract was a huge mistake

#396 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,516 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted March 14, 2014 - 09:51 AM

This thread shouldnt even be pinned anymore. it just makes it more depressing imo

Edited by LakersGAFan, March 14, 2014 - 09:52 AM.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#397 androsays

androsays

representing infinity with presidencies

• 4,802 posts
  • Name:andro
  • Fan Since:90s
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted March 14, 2014 - 10:41 AM

the Kobe doubters keep piling on....

kobe-raising-eyebrows-kobe-bryant-gifs.g

2div

#398 avcpl

avcpl

Rookie

• 785 posts
  • Fan Since:since my dad took me to see "Wilt the Stilt" at the Forum
  • Fav. Laker:whoever wins the next game

Posted March 14, 2014 - 12:07 PM

part of it is tempering expectation. I would MUCH rather Kobe prove me wrong and have an incredible return to form than to expect him to be superhuman and then watch him struggle...

the Kobe doubters keep piling on....

kobe-raising-eyebrows-kobe-bryant-gifs.g

#399 Jackson

Jackson

All-Star

• 5,914 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant/Kareem/Sasha(LOL)

Posted March 16, 2014 - 06:55 PM

• However, the biggest benefit of sitting Bryant manifests itself in the insurance disbursements the Lakers will receive. Insurance pays 80 percent of his salary, or roughly $24 million, and while this does not offer any salary-cap or luxury-tax relief, it is very real cash back in the pockets of the Buss family.

Edit: Nevermind, ESPN could be wrong.

I think because Kobe played 6 games, the Lakers only got back 4.5m in insurance.

Edited by Jackson, March 16, 2014 - 07:17 PM.

#400 fozi

fozi

Off The Bench

• 1,887 posts

Posted March 17, 2014 - 10:26 AM

So you either take the money or be concerned about the future ? you can't do both ?

I don't see the correlation between those two .. And i don't get why people agree with the statement " Kobe took the money, he can't complain"

1) It shows the Lakers are not concerned about the future, but rather reward their franchise player.

2) what if kobe took less how would it help the team ? Its not like we'd be getting LeBron AND Melo .. He took the pay cut and it was enough to sign another superstar, which may never happen for the next two years .. So Kobe could've taken less for nothing in return ..

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe, Bryant, injury, mamba

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users