Photo

Kobe Thread: (Pg. 42- Kobe says he's "100% healthy")

Kobe Bryant injury mamba

• Please log in to reply
1239 replies to this topic

#1 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 38,599 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 03, 2014 - 02:12 PM

Nice and easy Kobe.  

The good news is that this means he's going to be able to work on strengthening his legs for the next 4 weeks and ultimately when he returns he'll be better off than last time.  Lakers are going to keep him out 2 weeks longer than it'd take.  

Kobe could have likely returned in 4 weeks, but the Lakers are  keeping him out for 6.   Him being out on the court this early is a good sign.  But it's a better sign that he can resume some basketball activities somewhat and strengthening.  This entire month of rehab that both he and Nash are going through is going to help in the long run. 

Playoffs or not, I want Kobe to be able to play this year and finish it healthy and not walk into next season a 'mystery' to himself and to fans.  

I want Kobe and us to find out what he has and what he can still do.  Scoring on Tony Allen at will by his 3rd game is a good sign, not having Blake or such to take advantage of him off ball, not a good sign.

So if I'm Kobe and I'm returning, I wait till all point guards are healthy. 

Either way, good job Kobe, take it nice and easy. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#2 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,599 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 02:28 PM

Kobe, Nash, Blake, Farmar, and Xavier Henry all slated for a February return around the same time.  

#3 PurPnYellowLaker

PurPnYellowLaker

Rookie

• 463 posts
  • Name:alejandro
  • Fan Since:platon
  • Fav. Laker:kobe

Posted January 03, 2014 - 02:29 PM

Just sit out kobe

#4 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,599 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 02:30 PM

Just sit out kobe

He's not going to. 

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 02:33 PM

Kobe, Nash, Blake, Farmar, and Xavier Henry all slated for a February return around the same time.  

Nash? Really? I'll be genuinely absolutely shocked if I see him on the court at that time.

yo.

#6 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,599 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 02:46 PM

Nash? Really? I'll be genuinely absolutely shocked if I see him on the court at that time.

Nash said his plan is to return early February and his time in Vancouver is now spent on strengthening himself and getting/staying healthy. 

But the interesting thing is the longer Nash stays out strengtening his body and training, the less time will be necessary to 'sustain' a high level of play.  Nash has been participating in shootaround and been around the team for this time lately and at practice whenever they are home, when the Lakers go on the road he goes back to Vancouver to rehab more and strength and basketball train basically.  

But he's targeting early February, but wants to be strong enough to protect those nerve roots.

Physically, Nash could have played back in December, but he didn't want to do the play 2 games sit out 2 or only play for a half anymore which he did before and feels now are detrimental to the team if he continued. So he's been training and strengthening this entire time so he can sustain a high level play for however much longer the season is.   He is also open to coming off the bench.  

Nash is taking the approach imo that Kobe should have. Instead of coming back the moment the doctor said he could(which was some time ago for Nash) he's holding himself out till he get and strengthen his body all the way back as far as he possibly can of sustainability before coming back on the court so that he doesn't deal with the risk of overcompensation, which is what got Kobe. 

#7 TKainZero

TKainZero

Renaissance Man

• 13,847 posts
  • Fan Since:1986
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 03, 2014 - 03:02 PM

Playoffs?
We don't even want to win a game!

#8 Majesty

Majesty

• 38,599 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 03:23 PM

Playoffs?

You may not, but I don't think the same is said of Kobe or Nash or anyone else on the Lakers honestly. 

I swear I've never seen fans so scared of winning.  

On one hand I hear that our team sucks and is horrible.   On the other they're afraid if healthy or if Kobe returns that we'll be a playoff team and they don't want that of course.  

Never did I think I'd hear "No Kobe don't return!! We don't want to make the playoffs!!"    If that's all it takes maybe some fans have more faith in a healthy version of this team than they act like if the prospect of Kobe returning them scares them so much that they don't confidently think they'll be a lottery team with or without him.  

If we really sucked as bad as some people act like we do when healthy then the prospect of Kobe returning wouldn't scare some fans to oblivion.   They'd say "Kobe, treat this like a glorified pre-season and find out what you can do, we're going nowhere even with you."  

Instead its "NO KOBE DON'T RETURN!! And Nash stay injured or retire!! WE DON'T WANT TO WIN!!" 

If we "sucked" so bad wouldn't it not matter?  Or do some fans really deep down feel like this is a playoff team if Kobe returns and guys are healthy?     Otherwise why would they be so afraid that Kobe returning single handedly 'ruins' their plans....  :hmm:

Edited by Majesty, January 03, 2014 - 03:29 PM.

#9 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 5,617 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2014 - 03:30 PM

I'd rather Kobe sit out not because he'll will us into the playoffs but because I want him to use that time to continue to rehab. Perhaps lose some weight since he talked about that after his first game. Then during the Summer commit to his insane workouts that gets him ready for the toll of the season. 

I wouldn't want him to risk another injury coming back. If we have any intentions of winning a championship within the next two years (odds are against us), then we'll need an elite Kobe alongside more talent.

As of Nash, if he feels ready to play, then go for it. I want him to at least end this season on a good note. Problem is, he's risking his future health.

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 03:35 PM

You may not, but I don't think the same is said of Kobe or Nash or anyone else on the Lakers honestly. 

I swear I've never seen fans so scared of winning.  

On one hand I hear that our team sucks and is horrible.   On the other they're afraid if healthy or if Kobe returns that we'll be a playoff team and they don't want that of course. 

A playoff team if they're extremely lucky and what more? A miracle? Us taking down OKC, San Antonio, or whomever else may be there? Or what if we go all out and get the 9th or 10th spot, for what? Worst position possible seemingly.

Listen, I was all about this team winning as much as it could going into the season, actually had some sense of hope, but the reality is this team has been decimated by injuries, no time to gel or chemistry to come together with the full team all online including Kobe especially, who we know it takes the biggest adjustment for everyone to get used to playing with.

Time and circumstances just aren't on our side & even more, why force & make some of our players, especially Kobe & Nash & some of the already injured players play even harder & kill themselves just to give us a chance for what? For nothing ultimately and if anything, they'll only hurt themselves more potentially re-injuring even worse.

You might think this is all negative & bad, especially from a fan to feel this way & think this way, but it is the harsh reality we are in and we must not be in denial.

yo.

#11 UNLABORED FLAWLESS

UNLABORED FLAWLESS

Rookie

• 582 posts
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2014 - 03:38 PM

Playoffs?

maybe we should PRACTICE ? LOL

#12 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,050 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 03, 2014 - 04:15 PM

Not making the playoffs won't be a problem. As somebody who thought this team was going to go .500 this season, this team looks much worse than that. Waiting for Kobe to come back, waiting for the team to adjust to his return, and an even further decline in Pau(or no Pau at all) will make sure of that. The role players the Lakers signed this off-season are coming back down to Earth. The injuries will also continue to pile up playing at the pace they are currently playing in.

Just worry about draft positioning.

Edited by Japago, January 03, 2014 - 04:15 PM.

Posted Image

#13 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 890 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted January 03, 2014 - 04:22 PM

I would play him, but not till March or so.

#14 LAKing85

LAKing85

Rookie

• 448 posts
  • Fan Since:89'
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe "Black Mamba" Bryant

Posted January 03, 2014 - 04:24 PM

STAY HOME KOBE PLEEEEEASE!!!! DON'T COME BACK TO THIS DISASTROUS TEAM!!!! REST!!!!

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 04:27 PM

Management needs to man up & tell Kobe not to play, stop being stubborn and look at things big picture. He & his future is more important to us than he seems to know if he goes out there risking it all for nothing. If he says no & is disobedient, you tell him straight up, we're paying you $24 million, you better [expletive]in' listen.

yo.

#16 Yellow_Evan

Yellow_Evan

Rookie

• 890 posts
  • Fan Since:2002

Posted January 03, 2014 - 04:29 PM

Management needs to man up & tell Kobe not to play, stop being stubborn and look at things big picture. He & his future is more important to us than he seems to know if he goes out there risking it all for nothing. If he says no & is disobedient, you tell him straight up, we're paying you $24 million, you better [expletive]in' listen.

That's not reality.

I hope when he comes back he shoots the ball more than he ever has.

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 04:35 PM

That's not reality.

Are you implying Kobe's extreme stubbornness blinds him a bit & makes him a little reckless & stupid?

yo.

#18 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,102 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 03, 2014 - 04:36 PM

Tell Kobe to sit?

Yea, that'll work.

Again...This is Kobe!

He is the guy that shot airballs against UTAH because he had the balls to shoot.

He is the guy who led the Lakers to multiple titles and saved Shaq's ass a FEW times.

this is Kobe B Bryant. And the last time we were in the situation( losing streak) we are mired in now, he wenrt for 65 against Z-bo's jailblazers and in thrilling fashion.

#19 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,102 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 03, 2014 - 04:37 PM

Are you implying Kobe's extreme stubbornness blinds him a bit & makes him a little reckless & stupid?

I think he implied that kobe wants to earn his money

• 40,431 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 04:39 PM

He'll earn his money more if he ensures his health going forward to next season & the one after when we have better prospects at actually potentially competing for something worth a damn.

yo.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kobe, Bryant, injury, mamba

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users