#121 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 39,992 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 07, 2014 - 07:34 AM

Ever cross your mind that the Lakers aren't tanking?  Just losing? 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#122 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,371 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 07, 2014 - 07:37 AM

Ever cross your mind that the Lakers aren't tanking? Just losing?

This

#123 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,392 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 07, 2014 - 07:42 AM

I don't think they are tanking on purpose, I don't think any team would do that, these are talented professional athletes and they are all competitive and playing for jobs.  I think that they are doing it by proxy by having a very very bad roster, just like the 76ers.  When you run out a squad that has limited talent and have an offensive philosophy that is "run up the court and shoot any available shot preferably a low percentage three" and a defensive philosophy that is, well I will just leave that part blank, I don't think you should be surprised by the results.  I do not believe they are not trying, I believe that they are a team that has 2 D-League guys playing significant minutes, a ton of injuries, a very very bad coach and system on both ends of the floor, a ton of payroll tied up in 3 guys that consist of one guy underperforming, and 2 straight up not playing many games this season.  I think the Lakers at best would be a .500 team this season, with Kobe coming back early and staying healthy, the team gelling and getting some surprises from some of the castoffs that comprise the team.  With that being the best case, where they are now is a little below average on my expectation meter, but not much.  

#124 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 07, 2014 - 07:46 AM

It was a strategic tank. 

*See the MDA hiring*

Pau Gasol is GONE

#125 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,531 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted January 07, 2014 - 10:08 AM

Lol BBall IQ you troll

Well the unintentional tanking is working so far
And for the sake of the franchise it stays that way
Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#126 Clutch Factor

Clutch Factor

All-Star

• 6,003 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 07, 2014 - 10:49 AM

We still have until the trade deadline to deal Pau. I'm not exactly sold on the Pau for Chandler + Shumpert deal since Chandler has been injury prone and is now out with a respiratory inflection. 

Hopefully Mitch is planning a trade in which we get back a valuable young asset or a 1st round draft pick.

#127 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 322 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 07, 2014 - 11:45 AM

Pao is averaging 1.5 blocks per game.  Dwight Howard is averaging 1.8.    Granted he's no Deandre Jordan (2.8), but 1.5 is a decent number.

If you fault Pao for not performing up to his $19mm and don't fault Mitch for signing him to that number, bear in mind:

--Most NBA Contracts are back-end loaded, so the majority of the salary is taken in the last couple years.  Kobe had a similar deal. 

--Please google NBA Most Overpaid Players.  Lots of lists, Pau isn't on any of them.  Many familiar faces including Carmello and Kobe tend to top those lists.  Again, I don't fault the player for signing a bloated contract. 

And if you think that building a team around aging injured players is the best way, and the Boston Celtics is the wrong way, then lets place a side bet on which team will finish higher in the standings at the end of the year--I think Boston will.  Titles from the year 2000 is not the point--its what the team is doing right now, and which way is best right now for two similar teams.

#128 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,371 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 07, 2014 - 11:48 AM

Lol BBall IQ you troll

Well the unintentional tanking is working so far
And for the sake of the franchise it stays that way

Huh? Wtf r You talking about?

#129 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 43,175 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 07, 2014 - 12:43 PM

Pao is averaging 1.5 blocks per game.  Dwight Howard is averaging 1.8.    Granted he's no Deandre Jordan (2.8), but 1.5 is a decent number.

If you fault Pao for not performing up to his $19mm and don't fault Mitch for signing him to that number, bear in mind:

And? What's your point? 1.5 BPG supposed to indicated something? He averages 1.6 BPG for his career. I know you're not trying to imply that he's a good defender...right? right?? right???

You know what? Forget the money. He's not performing up the standards of a professional ball player. He's a bad player.

Edited by Windu, January 07, 2014 - 12:44 PM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users