MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,136 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 05, 2014 - 01:20 AM

You're terrible lol!

I remember you being ghost during those playoff runs too. You wait until the heat settles down and then you start running your mouth with no material to back up your statements.

I wasn't even on here for those playoffs. I found the site right after the cp3 debacle, then I read the forums for a couple months, then I decided to stop being and to make an account.

Let's see how you feel about Pau Gasol when he's gone and you see what a team without a legit big inside looks like.

#82 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,100 posts
  • Fan Since:1985
  • Fav. Laker:KOBE

Posted January 05, 2014 - 01:22 AM

Then they blew another chance and we gotta continue 2 watch his bullsheet gm
Never Wrong Always Right Like Freeway Exits!!

#83 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts
  • Name:Will
  • Fan Since:1999
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 05, 2014 - 06:23 AM

Let's see how you feel about Pau Gasol when he's gone and you see what a team without a legit big inside looks like.

I'm going to throw a party when Pau Gasoft hits the road.

I guess you'd have a point...if Pau was a legit big. 

Pau Gasol is GONE

#84 Nak

Nak

2014 When wishes come true

• 3,728 posts
  • Name:Ignacio
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2014 - 06:26 AM

I'll attend that party for sure. Pau is done and the sooner he leaves, the better for this organization. 

I'm going to throw a party when Pau Gasoft hits the road.

I guess you'd have a point...if Pau was a legit big. 

Arguably the greatest franchise ever

#85 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts

Posted January 05, 2014 - 06:29 AM

I'll attend that party for sure.

Partay at my house! Gonna have red kool-aid.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#86 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,180 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2014 - 08:03 AM

You're terrible lol!

I remember you being ghost during those playoff runs too. You wait until the heat settles down and then you start running your mouth with no material to back up your statements.

This season not recent enough for you? Can't get anymore recent than that.

How about last season? That recent enough for you? 

All the postseasons are recent...know why? BECAUSE HE'S BEEN TRASH IN THE LAST THREE

Pau Gasol puts up about the sort of numbers that are consistent with his regular season and playoff stats, he has games where he disappears, and he has games where he is big, most of his games fall in the middle, that is the kind of player he has and continues to be.  Everyone on this board tries to pin all the Lakers woes on one player.  Pau Gasol is a fine NBA player, Kobe Bryant is a great NBA player, Dwight Howard is a great NBA player, outside of those 3 the Lakers have ran out a bunch of below average guys to put around them and the results are what they are.  The motley collection of players the FO tries to put around these guys (Dwight Howard not included) has been a joke, and their coach is an abortion.  If the Lakers had more than 2 good players on their team, and a coach that had half a clue and didn't get all of his player catastrophically injured the Lakers would be a decent team.  It isn't Pau Gasol or Kobe Bryants fault that they sign monstrous contracts that hamstring an organization, they are also coincidentally the only two assets that the organization currently has, there is a reason you constantly see Pau Gasol trade rumors, he is a good player that NBA teams covet.  How long do you think the line is for trades for Swaggy P, Jordan Hill, Robert Sacre, or any of the other Lakers?  non-existent, and they have VERY friendly contract, but do not have a quarter of the game that Pau Gasol has and nobody wants them, because they do not and cannot contribute to a winning formula, which Pau has proven he can.  At the end of the day people are mad because Pau is getting paid max money and is not performing like a max player, Kobe is getting paid max money and isn't going to play for the bulk of a year, both are not their fault, it is the organizations fault for offering them to guys that are passed their prime, or in Kobe's case just plain old an injured.  

#87 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,100 posts

Posted January 05, 2014 - 09:32 AM

I agreed with alll above except saying its not pau fault for his own play and production.

#88 noknife

noknife

Sixth Man

• 3,180 posts
  • Fan Since:1978
  • Fav. Laker:Shaquille Oneal/Kobe Bryant

Posted January 05, 2014 - 09:37 AM

I agreed with alll above except saying its not pau fault for his own play and production.

Age happens to everyone and the results are predictable with near certainty. The Lakers gave an old player too big a contract. At less money Paus production is great. If you think Paus contract is bad just wait til you see the bargain we are going to have with Kobe trying to single handedly carry this team at 37, it won't be a pretty ending. Bad contracts always have their day of reckoning. This is Pau's, Kobe will be next.

Edited by noknife, January 05, 2014 - 09:40 AM.

#89 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,038 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 05, 2014 - 11:00 AM

Pau was 30 when he started declining. That's pretty pathetic.

Posted Image

#90 MrKnowItAll

MrKnowItAll

Starter

• 5,136 posts
  • Name:Yosif
  • Fan Since:I was born
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe bryant

Posted January 05, 2014 - 01:17 PM

Pau was 30 when he started declining. That's pretty pathetic.

Dwayne did too.

#91 gque24

gque24

Sixth Man

• 4,100 posts

Posted January 05, 2014 - 01:31 PM

Age happens to everyone and the results are predictable with near certainty. The Lakers gave an old player too big a contract. At less money Paus production is great. If you think Paus contract is bad just wait til you see the bargain we are going to have with Kobe trying to single handedly carry this team at 37, it won't be a pretty ending. Bad contracts always have their day of reckoning. This is Pau's, Kobe will be next.

Your in your prime 26-30yrs old. Pau played 4 long seasons and is worthless. That aint age its his lazy Preparation and unwillingness to want to be gr8!

Edited by gque24, January 05, 2014 - 01:32 PM.

#92 Japago

Japago

Sixth Man

• 4,038 posts
  • Name:Pat

Posted January 05, 2014 - 01:33 PM

Dwayne did too.

Wade is still pretty good. 20/5/5 on 54% shooting. He's been able to transition to becoming the 2nd option and having more offense created for him pretty well.

The fact that Pau has declined this much so soon even though he's the 2nd option is even more pathetic. It's supposed to be easier for him. Look at what becoming the 2nd option did for Wade's efficiency.

Edited by Japago, January 05, 2014 - 01:41 PM.

Posted Image

#93 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts

Posted January 05, 2014 - 08:04 PM

Say, do you mind if put some paragraphs in this?

Pau Gasol puts up about the sort of numbers that are consistent with his regular season and playoff stats, he has games where he disappears, and he has games where he is big, most of his games fall in the middle, that is the kind of player he has and continues to be.  Everyone on this board tries to pin all the Lakers woes on one player.  

Pau Gasol is a fine NBA player, Kobe Bryant is a great NBA player, Dwight Howard is a great NBA player, outside of those 3 the Lakers have ran out a bunch of below average guys to put around them and the results are what they are.  The motley collection of players the FO tries to put around these guys (Dwight Howard not included) has been a joke, and their coach is an abortion.  If the Lakers had more than 2 good players on their team, and a coach that had half a clue and didn't get all of his player catastrophically injured the Lakers would be a decent team.  

It isn't Pau Gasol or Kobe Bryants fault that they sign monstrous contracts that hamstring an organization, they are also coincidentally the only two assets that the organization currently has, there is a reason you constantly see Pau Gasol trade rumors, he is a good player that NBA teams covet.  How long do you think the line is for trades for Swaggy P, Jordan Hill, Robert Sacre, or any of the other Lakers?  non-existent, and they have VERY friendly contract, but do not have a quarter of the game that Pau Gasol has and nobody wants them, because they do not and cannot contribute to a winning formula, which Pau has proven he can.  

At the end of the day people are mad because Pau is getting paid max money and is not performing like a max player, Kobe is getting paid max money and isn't going to play for the bulk of a year, both are not their fault, it is the organizations fault for offering them to guys that are passed their prime, or in Kobe's case just plain old an injured.  

Pau Gasol puts up about the sort of numbers that are consistent with his regular season and playoff stats

Yes, consistently terrible.

he has games where he disappears

Games? Try entire seasons and postseasons.

Everyone on this board tries to pin all the Lakers woes on one player

No one has done that. What I do not like though is how some of you try to blame Pau's deficiencies on MDA (and I don't even like MDA) when all of you know that Pau Gasol was playing at a low level longgggggg before MDA was EVEN A THOUGHT.

Pau Gasol was a fine NBA player

FIFY

outside of those 3 the Lakers have ran out a bunch of below average guys to put around them and the results are what they are. 

Has nothing to do with Pau's inability to be an efficient player, his inability to play defense, and his inability to show up in the playoffs.

It isn't Pau Gasol or Kobe Bryants fault that they sign monstrous contracts that hamstring an organization

No one made that claim.

there is a reason you constantly see Pau Gasol trade rumors, he is a good player that NBA teams covet.

Yes. And the reason is because he sucks. He is not a good player. There's no material for anyone to ever say something like that. No one wants to pay $19 Mil for a soft seven-footer who can't defend, can't show up when it's most important, and nowadays can't even do anything offensively.  

and their coach is an abortion

Again, people need to stop blaming the coach. That argument has been ripped to shreds more than your favorite adult star's va jay jay. Faltered under Phil Jackson, faltered under Mike Brown, and he's faltered under Mike D'Antoni. What's next? We're going to start pinning the blame on the towel boys? Pau would say he'd turn things around but actions speak louder than words. 

they do not and cannot contribute to a winning formula, which Pau has proven he can.  

Stop it. Pau Gasol hasn't proved anything of the sort in many years. Young and Hill are indeed players who can contribute to what it takes to win championships. A 19 Mil black hole is what hinders you from winning championships.

At the end of the day people are mad because Pau is getting paid max money and is not performing like a max player

False yet again. People are mad because Pau is getting bent-over on defense as if every game is a visit to the proctologist. People are mad because Pau isn't even performing like a 10 Mil dollar player. 

I'm just gonna make it plain...and this is indisputable...when the playoffs come around, he's the epitome of trash and choke. I didn't think he could get any worse but I was wrong...he reverted to trash during the regular season as well.

Edited by Windu, January 06, 2014 - 08:50 AM.

Pau Gasol is GONE

#94 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 292 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 05, 2014 - 10:49 PM

He's got a year left on his bloated contract.  He has zero trade value for NBA teams.  While a 7 footer and he has pretty good numbers (25pts and 9 rbs against Denver), he'll be a free agent in a year, There are only 48 games left in this season, and unless a team is near the bubble and needs a big with those numbers to push them into the playoffs, I don't see a lot value for him. 

Speaking of 48 games left.  The Lakers have won 14 games.  If 45 games is the cut for the playoffs, the Lakers will have to win 31 out of the next 48 games to make the playoffs.  Sigh.  

#95 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,398 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 06, 2014 - 09:55 AM

He's got a year left on his bloated contract.  He has zero trade value for NBA teams.  While a 7 footer and he has pretty good numbers (25pts and 9 rbs against Denver), he'll be a free agent in a year, There are only 48 games left in this season, and unless a team is near the bubble and needs a big with those numbers to push them into the playoffs, I don't see a lot value for him. 

Speaking of 48 games left.  The Lakers have won 14 games.  If 45 games is the cut for the playoffs, the Lakers will have to win 31 out of the next 48 games to make the playoffs.  Sigh.  

Thats one game.....

And Lakers aren't making the playoffs.

#96 Scooter123

Scooter123

Rookie

• 292 posts
  • Fan Since:1966
  • Fav. Laker:Jerry West

Posted January 06, 2014 - 03:53 PM

Actually take a look at the last 3 games, he's averaged those kinds of numbers.  He is one of, or perhaps the best player we have on the floor right now. 

And in my mind, he made huge contributions for two of the championships.  I realize that is ancient history and this is a what have to done for me lately kinda crowd, but I give him a bit of pass for the past contributions he has made. 

I agree he's not worth $19mm, but is that his fault that Mitch and he signed a bloated contract that is back end loaded, like most NBA contracts, e.g., deferred salary is paid in the last few years of a contract, as opposed to the front end?  No, not his fault.   

I just think the way Boston is handling their situation is much different that how Mitch is handling the Lakers situation.

In Boston, they recognized that building a championship or playoff team around aging super-stars or allstarts is just not feasible, so might as well trade the guys and shuffle the deck. 

Here in LA Mitch builds the team around aging Hall of Famers and expects them to perform like they were still 25 years old. 

Which is the correct approach? 

#97 Majesty

Majesty

Grats on making the Raiderettes cuzzo!!

• 35,846 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 06, 2014 - 04:35 PM

Actually take a look at the last 3 games, he's averaged those kinds of numbers.  He is one of, or perhaps the best player we have on the floor right now. 

And in my mind, he made huge contributions for two of the championships.  I realize that is ancient history and this is a what have to done for me lately kinda crowd, but I give him a bit of pass for the past contributions he has made. 

I agree he's not worth $19mm, but is that his fault that Mitch and he signed a bloated contract that is back end loaded, like most NBA contracts, e.g., deferred salary is paid in the last few years of a contract, as opposed to the front end?  No, not his fault.   

I just think the way Boston is handling their situation is much different that how Mitch is handling the Lakers situation.

In Boston, they recognized that building a championship or playoff team around aging super-stars or allstarts is just not feasible, so might as well trade the guys and shuffle the deck. 

Here in LA Mitch builds the team around aging Hall of Famers and expects them to perform like they were still 25 years old. 

Not to mention him and Marshall seem to have found a wonderful chemistry. 

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores 

#98 Windu

Windu

Shatterpoint

• 42,998 posts

Posted January 06, 2014 - 04:39 PM

Actually take a look at the last 3 games, he's averaged those kinds of numbers. 

And?

Pau Gasol is GONE

#99 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,398 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 06, 2014 - 04:47 PM

Oh my 3 games...so impressive. Not really.

Not really saying much. This team is garbage. And I still doubt that if you factor in both sides of the game. He is terrible on defense.

He did but that was in 2010. Ever since 2011 playoffs he has been garbage and keeps declining. 

It is also partly Pau's fault. If you are getting paid that much money, I expect the player to play his heart out every game and give 110% on the floor. Pau doesn't even come close to that. He is just robbing this franchise now.

Cool story bro. How many titles have Boston won since 2000?

I'll trust the Lakers way (besides the MDA signing, plain stupid).

#100 Mike D'Antoni

Mike D'Antoni

Rookie

• 1,054 posts
  • Name:Juan
  • Fan Since:1996
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant

Posted January 06, 2014 - 10:39 PM

Sad day in laker land when trash is kept. Smart move by not caving in to the cavs. But still. Trash is still kept

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users