105 replies to this topic

#101 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 04, 2014 - 09:05 PM

RD is going from the perspective of Melo getting 35 a game. 

No, just the 20 he averaged his rookie season.

#102 BasketballIQ

BasketballIQ

Superstar

• 7,481 posts
  • Name:2 Jordans and 2 Steves
  • Fav. Laker:24

Posted January 04, 2014 - 09:18 PM

I think getting drafted to Detroit would have FORCED Melo to change his game in some form.

To me that team forced all those guys to improve. Billups was talented but he became a leader and a consummate pro and LEGIT PG. Ben and Rasheed played well in tandem.

tay Prince was the K. Leonard, you had people talking about "Hall of Famee' projections for him. Rip hamilton played his best ball in that 3-5 year run.

Still, Melo would not have HURT that team. He just would have been a bench scorer, 6th man type

#103 Majesty

Majesty

Luol Deng's cousin is awesome. Thanks for the pizza!!

• 41,079 posts
  • Name:Jay
  • Fan Since:1987
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe present, Magic past

Posted January 04, 2014 - 09:21 PM

No, just the 20 he averaged his rookie season.

If he played only 20 a game in Detroit with the Pistons then I wouldn't worry about him taking time away from Prince or placing Sheed out of position that much.   He'd probably play 18 imo and come off the bench at least his first year or so.  Wade would start on the other hand. 

Edited by Majesty, January 04, 2014 - 09:21 PM.

Is Wayne Brady gonna have to Djokovic? - Robert Flores

#104 Real Deal

Real Deal

Legend

• 14,924 posts
  • Name:Brandon
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 04, 2014 - 11:37 PM

If he played only 20 a game in Detroit with the Pistons then I wouldn't worry about him taking time away from Prince or placing Sheed out of position that much.   He'd probably play 18 imo and come off the bench at least his first year or so.  Wade would start on the other hand. 

Wait...nevermind, I thought you were talking about points, not minutes.  Sorry.

And I would assume he'd average 35 minutes a night in his first season, with any team in the NBA.  He was coming off a national championship with Cuse, averaging 22/10 and netting 5 threes a night.  No team in the league was going to play him less than 30 or give him a backup role.

#105 LakeShow805

LakeShow805

Superstar

• 7,913 posts
  • Name:Tyler
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The mamba

Posted January 05, 2014 - 09:37 AM

Flip flop

And as Real Deal said I doubt they have a #1 pick coming off the bench. Now if they picked Melo and traded him for more depth or something like that. Could have been nice.

"No Justice. No Peace. Jail the Racist Police!"

#106 la1904

la1904

Rookie

• 295 posts
  • Fan Since:1990
  • Fav. Laker:kobe, swaggy p

Posted January 06, 2014 - 07:16 AM

I think getting drafted to Detroit would have FORCED Melo to change his game in some form.

To me that team forced all those guys to improve. Billups was talented but he became a leader and a consummate pro and LEGIT PG. Ben and Rasheed played well in tandem.

tay Prince was the K. Leonard, you had people talking about "Hall of Famee' projections for him. Rip hamilton played his best ball in that 3-5 year run.

Still, Melo would not have HURT that team. He just would have been a bench scorer, 6th man type 

It would but who knows for good or bad? He would be forced to play D. But when melo came into the NBA, he got rushed into a leader role ( which is good).  He made it into the play offs in the west.  The funny thing is early in his career he would always play great D on leborn and match up well against him. Too bad he wasn't always that intense.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users