105 replies to this topic

#1 manaro90

manaro90

Sixth Man

• 3,349 posts
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe Bryant, Magic, Nick Young

Posted January 03, 2014 - 06:47 AM

I dont know why but seems that LA is pursuiting MELO RIGHT NOW very much and I think they make a big deal before the deadline.. i know it will be risky cause Melos contract ends this summner, he can leave us like dwight,but if so our option is the FA than with our cap space..

Seems like the Lakers just dont want a season without the postseason, so I think they make a smash deal before february...

Germanys Craziest & Finest LA Lakers Fan #Manaro90

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

#2 LakersGAFan

LakersGAFan

The Don, Cappo & Consigliere'

• 11,435 posts
  • Name:LT
  • Fan Since:When Magic crossed over the entire Warriors team in like 88. Chis Gatling looked like he was gonna cry.
  • Fav. Laker:KB

Posted January 03, 2014 - 07:00 AM

If its brown flush it down, if its yellow let it Mello.

KBdive_zpsa0338da3.jpg

#3 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts
  • Fan Since:1998
  • Fav. Laker:Kobe

Posted January 03, 2014 - 07:11 AM

I sure hope they dont go after Melo, who'll end up wanting the full 5yr-130millon max. He's not worth it. 

I think we should just accept that the best way to get better for the Lakers is to bottom out, get a high pick and go from there. 

If we managed to hit the jackpot and land Wiggins or Parker or Embiid, i think we'll be back in contention in no time. 

#4 Jay Cee

Jay Cee

• 1,565 posts
  • Name:James
  • Fan Since:2000
  • Fav. Laker:The Mamba

Posted January 03, 2014 - 07:13 AM

We have assets, I don't see why not. Something like Pau, D'Antoni, and two JITB tacos with seasoned curly fries is a pretty enticing package. Dolan can't refuse.

#5 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,772 posts
  • Fan Since:Showtime
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted January 03, 2014 - 07:23 AM

Melo is garbage.  He is demonstrating his lack of leadership right now in NY.  How would he change anything?  He isn't the best player out there and him getting a 5 yr max deal is insane.  Of course, based upon the actions of the FO, the Lakers may trade this years first and all everything else for Melo right now.  He doesn't make the Lakers contenders by himself. 

#6 JasonWll

JasonWll

Rookie

• 236 posts
  • Fan Since:Ever
  • Fav. Laker:Earvin Magic Johnson

Posted January 03, 2014 - 07:29 AM

They either trade for Bynum to cut him right away or won't do [expletive].

Posted Image

#7 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson, Kobe Bryant

Posted January 03, 2014 - 08:02 AM

Melo is garbage. He is demonstrating his lack of leadership right now in NY. How would he change anything? He isn't the best player out there and him getting a 5 yr max deal is insane. Of course, based upon the actions of the FO, the Lakers may trade this years first and all everything else for Melo right now. He doesn't make the Lakers contenders by himself.

Garbage? He's on a terrible team created by a terrible GM and owner lmfao...

Mike D'Antoni is GARBAGE.

#8 KobeWillReturnTriumphant

KobeWillReturnTriumphant

TheNefariousJim&HisSilverSpoon

• 1,772 posts
  • Fav. Laker:Magic/Kobe/Tony Smith

Posted January 03, 2014 - 08:07 AM

Melo for five years and max deal is garbage.  He is on the wrong side of thirty.  He doesn't play defense.  He takes plays off.  He is a prima donna who sulks when he doesn't get his way.  He couldn't win in Denver, he couldn't win in NY, and he wouldn't win here.  The Lakers have just seen the ill effects of giving max contracts out just to give them out.  Do you think Melo at 35 will be anything close to Kobe last year?  I don't.  I would much rather have someone who is younger and more worthy of max money.  Or better yet, use the money on two solid players.  

#9 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 08:14 AM

Kobe at 26 wouldn't lead a knicks team to the final either lmfao. Proofs in the 04-06 seasons. you're just outright disrespectful. Melo is still a guy that can give you 25 a night. If age is such an issue, then you're argument applies to lebron too. They are both 29. Lmfao no ones asking Melo to be a leader here

We wont give him the max. If he wants to win he'll take less here.

Edited by Ham, January 03, 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#10 Kobe-Wan Kenobi

Kobe-Wan Kenobi

The Man With Double Picks

• 1,563 posts
  • Name:Alex
  • Fan Since:My Birth
  • Fav. Laker:BlackMamba-Magic-Queensbridge

Posted January 03, 2014 - 08:29 AM

65 Seasons

60 Playoffs appearances

31 Finals appearances

16 Rings

Yeah, I guess we do have a hard time losing, tanking, cleverly adopting a losing mentality to get the first pick in the draft who will then lead us to multiple championships or whatever one may call it. :cool2:

sigkwk.jpg
KobeWanKenobi

There's gold and it's haunting and haunting; it's luring me on as of old; Yet it isn't the gold that I'm wanting So much as just finding the gold; It's the great, big, broad land 'way up yonder, It's the forest where silence has lease; It's the beauty that thrills me with wonder, It's the stillness that fills me with peace.

#11 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 08:31 AM

Kobe at 26 wouldn't lead a knicks team to the final either lmfao. Proofs in the 04-06 seasons. you're just outright disrespectful. Melo is still a guy that can give you 25 a night. If age is such an issue, then you're argument applies to lebron too. They are both 29. Lmfao no ones asking Melo to be a leader here

We wont give him the max. If he wants to win he'll take less here.

LMAO.

The 04-06 is that the Chris Mihm, Caron Butler teams or are you referring to the Smush Parker Era? 

Kobe took a miserable crew of D-League-should-be's to the playoffs. 

Melo's Knicks have the 4th worst record in the league and he does have some quality guys around him, including Tyson Chandler. 

#12 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 08:36 AM

LMAO.

The 04-06 is that the Chris Mihm, Caron Butler teams or are you referring to the Smush Parker Era? 

Kobe took a miserable crew of D-League-should-be's to the playoffs. 

Melo's Knicks have the 4th worst record in the league and he does have some quality guys around him, including Tyson Chandler. 

You haven't been watching the Knicks have you? I doubt you have. They are all injured just like us. Chandler just got back? We had a 2-3 quality players too. They have a [expletive]ty amare and even worse bargnani.  they are no different from the 04-06 lakers smush parker era etc lmfao.... 

Edited by Ham, January 03, 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#13 DanishLakerFan

DanishLakerFan

Starter

• 4,481 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 08:58 AM

You haven't been watching the Knicks have you? I doubt you have. They are all injured just like us. Chandler just got back? We had a 2-3 quality players too. They have a [expletive]ty amare and even worse bargnani.  they are no different from the 04-06 lakers smush parker era etc lmfao.... 

You can't be serious.

From 04-06 the Lakers were basically a .500 team that went to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years. Lamar Odom were far and away their best player (other than Kobe) and in the season they didn't make the playoffs both he and Kobe missed a few games. 

The Knicks have been injured of course. They've missed Chandler for a handfull of games as well as Raymond Felton, but that doesn't excuse a 10-21 record. They're also quite deep and have 11 guys who'd be rotation players on most other teams. 

The difference between Melo and Kobe, other than the 04-06 Kobe were a lot better at scoring, is the defense and work ethic. 04-06 Kobe on this year's Knicks would have changed the whole culture of the team and he would have made sure that they played solid defense. 

#14 Lakerace24

Lakerace24

Sixth Man

• 3,256 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Fan Since:Birth

Posted January 03, 2014 - 09:12 AM

You haven't been watching the Knicks have you? I doubt you have. They are all injured just like us. Chandler just got back? We had a 2-3 quality players too. They have a [expletive]ty amare and even worse bargnani. they are no different from the 04-06 lakers smush parker era etc lmfao....

Chandler, Schumpert, Amare, Felton, hell even Bargs and JR Smith is better than anyone we had back then not named Lamar Odom.

#15 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 09:14 AM

lmfao i already said he's not a great 1st option. but the knicks are failing team just like last year and the 04-06 teams. look at the names in the roster and look at what they are doing. deep? lmfao....... i think youre still in last year... compare there stats and come talk to me. they are almost identical. names don't mean [expletive]. productivity is all that matters. and frankly, they are doing about the exact same thing as those [expletive]ty teams back then. like i said melo is in a team with a [expletive]ty gm a [expletive]ty coach and a [expletive]ty owner.

lmfao jody smokes was right. kobe is like god here to you guys

Edited by Ham, January 03, 2014 - 09:25 AM.

#16 FranklinPeanuts

FranklinPeanuts

Just A Fan

• 3,250 posts
  • Name:JP
  • Fan Since:Since 1989
  • Fav. Laker:Magic Johnson

Posted January 03, 2014 - 09:14 AM

The best I have seen Memo Olay was in the Olympics. Kobe and Melo got along great. I feel they can co exist on the Lakers. I feel that Melo wants big Money and he doesn't see big money awaiting him here in LA. He labeled Chicago as destination. Paired with Rose, sounds good. With the Flippers.... With a strong minded Chris Paul and Doc, sounds good. With a hurt and aging Kobe and over the jump Steve Nash with really No trade assets bit an ego hurt Pau..... He's still looking to get paid and win. Chicago has trade assets like Deng, Gibson and or Boozer. I can't see Melo coming to the Lakers because he wants his pie in more ways than one and eat it too.

I think Mitch would do Nicely in bringing him in, but so far.... Denver looked better when he left, new York was cool before he got there, then he leaves. Dolan would want expirings, youth and draft picks for Melo.... He ain't goingto let him walk away wwithout cashing out.
Posted Image

#17 flota

flota

Barca, Lakers, Cowboys, Chivas

• 2,384 posts
  • Fan Since:2008
  • Fav. Laker:Magic, Kobe

Posted January 03, 2014 - 09:31 AM

the best for the lakers in the long term is if melo stays away from here.

Imposible is nothing.

There is no such thing as a plea of innocence in my court. A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time. Guilty. Inquisitor Lord Fyodor Karamazov.

Alea Iacta Est. Julius Caesar.

#18 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,778 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 03, 2014 - 09:34 AM

There is a huge load of difference in Kobe and Melo than just work ethic and defense.  My god man...

You can't be serious.

From 04-06 the Lakers were basically a .500 team that went to the playoffs 2 out of 3 years. Lamar Odom were far and away their best player (other than Kobe) and in the season they didn't make the playoffs both he and Kobe missed a few games. 

The Knicks have been injured of course. They've missed Chandler for a handfull of games as well as Raymond Felton, but that doesn't excuse a 10-21 record. They're also quite deep and have 11 guys who'd be rotation players on most other teams. 

The difference between Melo and Kobe, other than the 04-06 Kobe were a lot better at scoring, is the defense and work ethic. 04-06 Kobe on this year's Knicks would have changed the whole culture of the team and he would have made sure that they played solid defense. 

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#19 Jody Smokes

Jody Smokes

All-Star

• 5,778 posts
  • Fan Since:2003

Posted January 03, 2014 - 09:38 AM

They seems to overlook what helped Melo last year.  A healthy Chandler, 2 PGs with one being Jason Kidd.  Melo can be your best scorer with a smart PG that can get the offense going.  He cannot be effective posting up on the block (where he is extremely inefficient) or on the elbow calling for the ball so he can bully ball his way into a shot.  When the Knicks were doing great he did very little of this.  They hit the playoffs and everything changed. 

The Knicks are just a bunch of names like you said.  People get caught up in names and forget that other NBA players can ball too.  I love Kobe but he wouldn't have changed anything about that team.  Kobe is a stubborn hot head, which is great when you have someone out there to balance that out (Phil, Odom and Fish) but when you have that team the Knicks have Kobe would turn right back into 05-06 mode just going for his. 

lmfao i already said he's not a great 1st option. but the knicks are failing team just like last year and the 04-06 teams. look at the names in the roster and look at what they are doing. deep? lmfao....... i think youre still in last year... compare there stats and come talk to me. they are almost identical. names don't mean [expletive]. productivity is all that matters. and frankly, they are doing about the exact same thing as those [expletive]ty teams back then. like i said melo is in a team with a [expletive]ty gm a [expletive]ty coach and a [expletive]ty owner.

lmfao jody smokes was right. kobe is like god here to you guys

"Blake and Parker are good at canceling each other out till our bench point guard comes in"  - Majesty aka Bird Ish (12/4/13)

#20 Ham

Ham

Rap Enthusiast

• 6,551 posts

Posted January 03, 2014 - 09:46 AM

They seems to overlook what helped Melo last year. A healthy Chandler, 2 PGs with one being Jason Kidd. Melo can be your best scorer with a smart PG that can get the offense going. He cannot be effective posting up on the block (where he is extremely inefficient) or on the elbow calling for the ball so he can bully ball his way into a shot. When the Knicks were doing great he did very little of this. They hit the playoffs and everything changed.

The Knicks are just a bunch of names like you said. People get caught up in names and forget that other NBA players can ball too. I love Kobe but he wouldn't have changed anything about that team. Kobe is a stubborn hot head, which is great when you have someone out there to balance that out (Phil, Odom and Fish) but when you have that team the Knicks have Kobe would turn right back into 05-06 mode just going for his.

Lmfao agreed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users